Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

US PRIMARIES - based on issues only - no "isms"

[si...]

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [si...]

• [el...]

• [da...]

• [bl...]

dave don't you just wonder why pensacola is such an environmental mess given papantonio (not spelled right)  and kennedy.

their sewer system is basically putting it into the gulf and they have some serious ground water problems from super fund sites that were never cleaned up.

the pollution had reached navarre in the time i was there - and most likely before i got there.  i think it is dioxins but may be other things to.

[6f...]

I was surprised at first that the Kennedy’s would support Obama. Both RFK jr. and Papantonio are close friends with John Edwards. His wife, Elizabeth Edwards was raised in Pensacola, Florida. Obama owes the Kennedy’s big time my guess is if Obama wins Edwards will be his running mate. It would be a good choice.

Dave

Wow, wouldn't that be a dynamite combination -- Obama and Edwards. At the beginning of all this, I thought I could back any of the Democratic nominees but I am not so sure about Hillary any more. Her recent behavior has changed a lot of minds, including mine. We shall see....

Kristin

I think they would be great together too. And then after eight years of Obama, we could have eight more with Edwards. :yippee:

They seemed to have covered eachothers backs against Hillary a time or two.

i think the clintons really shot themselves in the foot - edwards didn't do real good either jumping on obama - i just wanted to jump thru the t-v and yell at him "THERE IS AN OPPORTUNITY" - he and obama should of shot back together regarding her boorish behavior.

it is not like this country is capable of picking a women that represents change - yet - hillary was a real no change candidate waiting in the wings to proceed with bush's plans the surface may have looked different - but she would of worked in concert with george sr. and jr.  i am beginning to see bill's part in the whole global plan that guts the united states and walks over other countries breaking them like they are cheap toys.

this is the real joke - clinton is and always will be disposable white trash to the real powers that be - i think he knows this now - he was a pawn and they are done with him - so a lot of good it did him to sell this country out and hang with bush sr. - the joke is on him.

but back to edwards - i think he is a very good man capable of some real excellent things - i wish him well and i wish him luck - cause as it stands IF - and that is a big if - IF votes are counted in an honest way - obama is in. 

i think the clintons really shot themselves in the foot - edwards didn't do real good either jumping on obama - i just wanted to jump thru the t-v and yell at him "THERE IS AN OPPORTUNITY" - he and obama should of shot back together regarding her boorish behavior.

The did sort of, in New Hampshire. And she won. The pundits said it was cuz people felt the boys ganged up on her and they felt sorry for her.  And then that weepy little diatribe she did.

Maybe I"m old fashioned, but does it bother any one else that Edwards and his wife have been running around the country campaigning instead of being home with their little children, , considering she is quite probably dying of cancer? Wouldn't you want to spend those precious few more months with your babies, instead of trying to "save the world"? It just bugs me a little.

John Edwards drops out a couple days after Caroline and Teddy Kennedy endorse Obama. Interesting! I wonder if the deal Obama made with the Kennedy's is for Edwards to be his running mate. Some deal was made. Teddy is supposed to campaign around the country for Obama. I'm sure he is not doing it for nothing. Edwards would do strong where Obama is weak, like that ever-important southern evangelical vote. Only time will tell. 

Hmmm. Interesting thought.

edwards was campaigning for his children's future and elizabeth was behind him all the way - i admire the man and hated to see him so marginalized - and i think the public is hip to clintons tricks - edwards would of been more of an asset standing up to hillary cause when he stands up to someone he rocks.

obama needs some serious coaching hillary walks all over him - some how he has to make short work of her dirty work.

Somehow I think a mothers presence is pretty darn important for a childs future. I don't know. As an adult, if my mom had done that when I was a child, I would be very proud of her, but given the choice I would have preferred her there with me for as long as possible. And the stress of campaigning could possiblly shorten her life. But honestly, who am I to judge? Nobody. So I take it back. My new motto is no judgement. ;) 

i just see it as they are giving their life to their children - to their country - they are not in it for the money - they are in it for a better future.

[6f...]

John Edwards drops out a couple days after Caroline and Teddy Kennedy endorse Obama. Interesting! I wonder if the deal Obama made with the Kennedy's is for Edwards to be his running mate. Some deal was made. Teddy is supposed to campaign around the country for Obama. I'm sure he is not doing it for nothing. Edwards would do strong where Obama is weak, like that ever-important southern evangelical vote. Only time will tell. 

I thought I had heard on some show that a few days ago that Edwards approached Obama about "making a deal" but Obama told him to go out and get his own delegates.

I agree, Silver, that Obama needs to strengthen his debating skills. He is a great orator but weak in debating.

Kristin

ok what were the election results?  cause i don't know - i know the new york times people clinton and mccain the no change people won but thats it.

the fat lady sings (news)

thanks for all the fish (music)

They say McCain likes Bush and his policies but this is getting ridicules.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff299/carathewonderdog/mccain_bush-hug-713122.jpg

:laugh:

he is a no change canidate - he seems pretty comitted to carring out bush's plan - in a different way but same end goal - occupation.

ok i saw barak last night and i was extremely impressed.  he called the problem what it is - politics by fear and divide and conqure.

this assures me that he knows what the problem is - knowing and having the courage to confront it head on this what will bring us successfully into this milline um.

now if he can use that knowledge in debates he has a very solid change to silence oppone ts and win.

i have never heard anyone in public ruining for office call this problem to the fore with the courage and conviction that he has shown - i am getting excited now. :yippee:

[6f...]

Yes, I am extremely excited -- I live in California and I get to vote for Obama today! It looks like it will be a very tight election. I am thrilled that so many people are getting out to vote, including young people. Heck, this is better than a football game!!

Kristin

looks  to me like he has a fighting chance - but i will always question why people hate the present administration and still vote for hillary - if she wins i refuse to believe it - i refuse to believe mc cain can win either.

this election is drawing enough attention so that a dirty election will be harder to pull of but it can happen and has happened before.

obama is now demystifying how things got so corrupt - that is an extremely important thing to do - drop the superficial and go after the real cause and the real cause is "FEAR AND DIVSION" - people have got to deal with those issues head on or forever be manipulated.

because he was willing to tackle those things and highlight them i have gained much more respect for his insights.  no other politic an is talking change - they are instead trying to buy votes through protected classes.

[6f...]

looks  to me like he has a fighting chance - but i will always question why people hate the present administration and still vote for hillary - if she wins i refuse to believe it - i refuse to believe mc cain can win either.

this election is drawing enough attention so that a dirty election will be harder to pull of but it can happen and has happened before.

obama is now demystifying how things got so corrupt - that is an extremely important thing to do - drop the superficial and go after the real cause and the real cause is "FEAR AND DIVSION" - people have got to deal with those issues head on or forever be manipulated.

because he was willing to tackle those things and highlight them i have gained much more respect for his insights.  no other politic an is talking change - they are instead trying to buy votes through protected classes.

I would guess people are voting for Hillary because they associate her more with Bill Clinton than George Bush. That is why, according to the pundits, more Latino voters are going for Clinton than Obama. My sister, who is pretty liberal, voted for Hillary because she heard her speak at a fundraiser. Hillary apparently comes across very well in smaller groups.

I was just listening to Brooks and Shields on the Jim Lehrer News Hour and Brooks thought the Democratic nomination might be decided by Puerto Rico, which has something like 65 delegates.

Kristin

some are saying things were great under the clintons (financially) and they were - but a lot of losing of american sovereignty also took place allowing bush to come in and gut things right out in the open.

once we give our country away under clinton what is to stop someone from giving or raiding the treasury?  apparently not much.

it is important that america gives upon the notion that money is everything while turning their backs on equality and quality of life.

so it is possible that if all anyone cares about is money at the expense of quality - clinton could honestly win - that would mean people are still greed based at the expensive of the world at the expensive of their country - would be a sad commentary - but possible.