Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

US PRIMARIES - based on issues only - no "isms"

[si...]

i am trying to get back to jon steward and cobert - cause they make me laugh at what is happening.  when we all laugh then this insanity will stop - thats what i think.

Those shows are a great way to learn about current affairs. They just make you laugh while you are doing it. I think it's a good way to get young people interested in politics. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [si...]

• [el...]

• [da...]

• [bl...]

i think he is hoping that if we have a few hundred - then we won't notice or complain about the debt.

i think we should return to a barder economy and tell the banks and corporations to just kiss off.

My Daughter was telling me that Stephen Colbert had promised to be Mitt Romney's running mate if he gets the nomination?  Anyone else hear that or is it a joke??

i have not been watching like i should - but it would not surprise me at all - he is very gutsy and i am sure if he was taken up on it - it would run.

My Daughter was telling me that Stephen Colbert had promised to be Mitt Romney's running mate if he gets the nomination?  Anyone else hear that or is it a joke??

It's true, I saw it. It was a running joke between them, I guess Romney jokingly asked him a long time ago. So the other day, not sure if he was on the show or what, but Colbert said, "ok, ask me one more time to be your VP, I won't hold you to it,  I'll so no, just ask me I promise I'll say no". So he asked him and  Colbert goes "YES!! YES!"

Something like that. :laugh:

LINDA - you look great - isn't it fun to get our pics up so we are not just talking to a name. :D

now we have christine, linda, tony and me - did i miss anyone?

LINDA - you look great - isn't it fun to get our pics up so we are not just talking to a name. :D

I looked ok 6 years ago! :2funny:

Don't forget the original: Genie!

Colin, Patrick, Rufus, Kristen, Bobbers and Tanya

I think Silver meant who HAS posted a pic.

:o i am actively promoting the barter system - it is a great way to build community and for people to get their needs met w/o money - which is in very short supply at this time.

sometimes you just can't buy happiness or a new roof.

dave we are crashing because bush sold our country to finance a private army.

as for the loans many of those people qualified for legitimate regulated loans - they entered into a non regulated loan market - they were duped.  people where steered to brokers that were not covered by the fair practice laws governing legitimate banks/savings and loans.

the laws have just recently been changed - hopefully those laws will allow the borrowers to pay a fair interest rate.

however i have to say if people were only buying to churn their property i have no sympathy - those that bought vacation property most likely will not be protected - but i am not sure.

according to the vote tallies - which i do not trust - there are no change candidates winning.

i need to get a life separate from caring about this election - this planet - this whatever.

i was speaking of the barter system to deal with the inevitable crash - that has already happened for many - the economy is based on money - we don't control the money.  economy is just a way to get taxes and control who has money.

goods and services is what people need to survive - we don't need a money economy to survive we need goods and services.  work has cut people off from community and has tied them to a monetary market and made them slaves to the irs.  effectively the monetary economy has gutted community in the process.

so it would appear to me that if people returned to the barter system they would still get by and get their needs met -not completely but enough to make things more bearable whilst (colins term) enabling communication and forward progress even in the midst of a stagnant or crashing economy.

i think i could make a living being the town fool - if value was awarded to town fools - apparently there is great value for fools judging by our present administration.

"Any fool can criticize, condem and complain, but it takes character and self controll to be understanding and forgiving".

Dale Carnegie

[e9...]

Dave:

It doesn't surprise me that Bush lied so much but I have to admit, Colin Powell really disappointed me. I thought he had more integrity than that.

Kristin

Dave:

It doesn't surprise me that Bush lied so much but I have to admit, Colin Powell really disappointed me. I thought he had more integrity than that.

Kristin

Yeah, but I think it killed him to do so, and he did leave, after all, and I think he wrote about it, didn't he?

Eljay:

I don't know if Powell did write about his experience -- I would like to see it if he did.

Kristin

Kristen, that is odd. I could have sworn he put a book out after his resignation. But I just checked on amazon and there is nothing post white house. I remember him doing the talk circuit a couple of years ago, and my memory had him hawking a book! But I kind of remember him saying negative things about the whole Iraq fiasco, and that it was true they didn't find anything. So maybe I just assumed he put out a book.

He probably will someday. Maybe he's waiting for Bush to be out of office before he does it.

Linda