Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Brain fog during w/d

[on...]

the pharmaceutical companies are making money off of killing us - how many of us have heard - try this new drug - it does not have the same side effects. :2funny: that's a joke - every drug goes thru your kidney or liver - that is where all toxins are handled - and that is what is leading to diabetes and liver diseases at an alarming rate.

next i expect them to get into organs for sale - oh wait they already are.

when i go to mayo clinic they have NEVER EVER offered me a drug - what does that tell you about real care - real care dose not kill you or make you depended on drugs.

Interesting SD.  

Hippocrates said in his EPIDEMICS  "Declare the past, diagnose the present, fortell the future; practice these acts. As to diseases, make a habit of two things - to help, or at least, do no harm."

The Roman Physician Galen said, "Primum non nocere".  (First Do No Harm)

What ever happened to those sentiments?

Is the new Hippocratic oath to go like this:

I swear allegiance to the pharmacutical companies, and big money for which they stand, one size drug fits all with side effects and nasty withdrawals for all.

insurance lobbyist and pharmaceutical lobbyist now run washington.

add to that - there has been a concerted effort to dumb down america on every level including doctors - so they are stupid - for lack of a better word - then you have protections for doctors - it costs an arm and a leg to sue them and people are making some real bad jury decisions that lets drug off the hook.

one thing i like about edwards is he knows how absurd it is and has fought tooth and nail for medical/safety responsibly on behalf of his clients - maybe that is why he is doing so poorly.

When I last worked it was at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois. I forget the word they used but no employee or manager was permitted to take more than 50 dollars in gifts (including meals) from any vendors in any calendar year. On the other hand, my wife works for a physician, and the drug companies take them out for lavish lunches and dinners to make presentations to them all the time. If the same kind of restrictions were put on doctors as were put on BC/BS employees, the drug companies wouldn't have anywhere near as big an influence on doctors as they do today. I attended a presentation where they were pushing Gardasil injections for girls as young as 9 years old to "protect" them against Human Papilloma Virus. Their proof for taking that stance was skimpy to say the least. But now they advertise on TV and so women some to the office demanding the the shot for their little daughters. My wife recommends against it, but how many doctors have the courage to take that stance? Oh I remember; "Complaince" was what they called it. :yippee: (My brain does work much better when I'm having a window.) They should have such compliance rules for doctors, and they should stop the advertising of stuff on TV. It's crazy what the drug companies get away with.

http://www.freedominmessiah.com/mad_old_fart.gif

T

that word compliance is a real dangerous one - there is talk now that if patients are not compliant insurance may not cover them.

this could take place as a law protecting insurance companies from having to pay for people not taking prescribed drugs - the word non compliant has been put in my files numerous times regarding the refusal of medications.

in the end it is just pushing me further and further away from traditional medicines that harm instead of help.

that word compliance is a real dangerous one - there is talk now that if patients are not compliant insurance may not cover them.

this could take place as a law protecting insurance companies from having to pay for people not taking prescribed drugs - the word non compliant has been put in my files numerous times regarding the refusal of medications.

in the end it is just pushing me further and further away from traditional medicines that harm instead of help.

I know. Compliance drove me nuts when I was working. But in certain circumstances it is a good thing. It's another example of a good idea gone wrong and the law of unintended consequences. Having to comply with what the insurance companies consider "proper" care takes decision making ability from the doctors, and ultimately can be terribly harmful to the patient. My therapist keeps being asked why she doesn't get her patients to take meds, and she tells them "They don't want them". I wonder how long she will have that freedom.

I think America should not be run by fricken pharmacy lobbyist, no wonder soo many people are addicted to pills, and believe, that pills will fix all their problems.

I think America should not be run by fricken pharmacy lobbyist, no wonder soo many people are addicted to pills, and believe, that pills will fix all their problems.

No kidding.

yep - there is a very strong national movement motivated by the US to outlaw supplements to - so it is a good time to figure out how to get what you need from soap, shampoo, food so forth and so on.

I hear ya - I am in grad school, so I know what you mean. I honestly believe 2 grams of fish oil per day helps.  I buy the kind from whole foods - spectrum is the brand I think. 

I was ALSO hypothyroid so you cannot even imagine the fog i was in... I couldnt understand when people talked... I would just stare at them.  not good for school!! 

Things are improving, but my tolerance for frustration is low....and it's hard for me to finish a journal article or write a paper.  I zone out a lot too.  I am almost ADD a little now.

I hear ya - I am in grad school, so I know what you mean. I honestly believe 2 grams of fish oil per day helps.  I buy the kind from whole foods - spectrum is the brand I think. 

I was ALSO hypothyroid so you cannot even imagine the fog i was in... I couldnt understand when people talked... I would just stare at them.  not good for school!! 

Things are improving, but my tolerance for frustration is low....and it's hard for me to finish a journal article or write a paper.  I zone out a lot too.  I am almost ADD a little now.

I eat a lot of fish, expectly trout.

but I still have some problems, with figuring topics to talk about, I'm like that with everyone too. Do you think that will get better? its pretty frustrating  :tickedoff: , to be all quite, as you don't have much to say.

but I still have some problems, with figuring topics to talk about, I'm like that with everyone too. Do you think that will get better? its pretty frustrating  :tickedoff: , to be all quite, as you don't have much to say.

I find the same thing. It seems to be improving as I get to lower doses and I am told it will definitely get better and better as I heal. Gotta believe it, right?

I've been off for 13 months.  I look forward to when it gets better, as I don't like being quite, and not knowing what to say, to who ever I'm talking to.

i don't like not knowing when to shut up - maybe some of these things are not benzo related - maybe just maybe we have to continue to grow and change even post benzo. :-\

i don't like not knowing when to shut up - maybe some of these things are not benzo related - maybe just maybe we have to continue to grow and change even post benzo. :-\

Probley everyone, goes though some w/d symptoms that are different than others. With me I have a pretty bad stutter, so that could contribute to why, I don't talk much.

i used to stutter - but you know now that you mentioned it - i don't think i stutter anymore. :yippee:

and yet i still have not learned how to shut up.

[af...]
Yes.  Not knowing any way to respond or hold a conversation.   That came and went for months.  I would see people talking to me and could not get my mind-mouth to respond in more than one-word sentences.   Sometimes it felt as though I did not have enough energy to speak.   I've taken a lot of Chinese herbs since then.  Gingko biloba is also useful in getting more circulation going in the brain.  It does help if you take them every day for a few months.  :crazy:;D

I hope that does it get better, as I used of been pretty witty with figuring out what to say or talk about, in which now, its harder to find something to say.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Do...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Li...]
    • [An...]
    • [je...]
    • [My...]
    • [El...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [ja...]
    • [be...]
    • [Be...]