Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!

[Lo...]

I have flonase, have used it for years, and I have no problems with it. It does not cross the blood/brain barrier (so I've been told,) but even if it does, there is so little steroid in there it doesn't affect me. It's worth trying.

I can't handle antihistamine tablets, however, they amp me up and benadryl freaks me out.

We are all a bit different, and the only way to know is to try.

Thank you so much for the advice and help!! I went and got some and it’s a sensitive formula with no alcohol or fragrance in it. I used it already and am hoping for relief soon! Thanks for always helping!  :smitten:

Hey Mary,

Did you get any relief from the Flonase?  I hope so.  It sucks to have so many issues and have to be so cautious on what we can and can not take.  One day it will be a lot different!!!

Take care my friend!

Love,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Julia!!

Yes I did get a little relief from it, and I didn’t have any trouble with it either so that was a big bonus as well! I’ll continue taking it daily. It’s high in both tree and grass pollen here in Iowa and both I’m allergic to. Also the dust from the dry walling while remodeling the house isn’t helping things either! I found a sensitive formula of brand name Flonase that contained no fragrances or alcohol or some other stuff so I got that one. Seemed to give me some relief today. I’ll keep using it. It came down to a choice of suffering terribly with the allergies or taking the Flonase. I had to try and was super glad I did! I tell ya if you sneeze like crazy in a target you swear the Covid lynch mob is coming for you by the looks you get! Lol 😂🤣 I was able to stay active and busy today and am looking forward to my bed tonight. I’m feeling really tired tonight and that could be the allergies too. Hope you are feeling ok since switching your doses back. I’ve been reducing the last couple days and as of tomorrow I’ll have 31.5% left. Seems so far but yet I’m happy to have looked back at my journal and see where I started and to see that progress of where I am today.

MaryBeth, I do get short of breath like that too sometimes. I hate it and it’s not a panic attack or anxiety for me it’s just so weird how it happens. Going up stairs, carrying in groceries, and I’m out of shape but not that bad as my basement steps should make me so short of breath. I also get the chest pains like Julia. I’ve actually had an electrocardiogram done because I was convinced I had a heart problem. Nope, it was perfect. Just the benzo playing another one of its lies on me! That symptom can’t go away soon enough!

Dianedeedee, thank you for the thoughts.....Flonase did help and I will continue using it!

Hope you all are hanging in there! Love and hugs from the land of soybeans and corn! Lol

Love,

Mary  :smitten:

Hi Mary,

I am so glad the Flonase is helping you!  That is great that you can use something to help you while tapering!  31.5% is awesome!  You have come a long way!  Be proud!

I have also had several electrocardiograms done too and they all come back normal!  Today my chest is really hurting and has been for the last few days! It may be from laying on the coach sleeping a few evenings ago but it is more than likely just the darn taper wd.  I hate this and will be so glad when it is over!  I want to be healed and off this so bad.  Crying today - I am sad but I will be better!

Hope your day is going well.

Love and hugs,

Julia

:smitten:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [Lo...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Marybeth,

I am having the same issues you are, lots of weight gain regardless of what I eat, hair falling out, joint pain etc.  This is such a nightmare.

Rough couple of days, my toe is finally starting to heal (another symptom, slow healing), vision issues, floaters etc. I know you are all having your own issues as well, there is no fun in tapering.

Regardless I am moving forward and happy to be alive.  I know there is light at the end of this tunnel, I am thinking (hoping) August will be my final dose.

Thinking of everyone of you and hoping things are a little better.

Laurie,

So sorry you are having a tough time!  It will not be long before you are off this drug and start to completely heal!  Congrats on the cut!  I hope you will do well with your cut!

I am glad your toe is healing - may be slow but thank goodness it is healing!

Take care!

Love and hugs,

Julia  :smitten:

HeartMost,

Glad to see you are doing well other than insomnia and anxiety.  Like BD said, not everyone has bad withdrawal.  I too hope you are one of the lucky ones.

Take care,

Julia

Hi everyone,

Well, today has just sucked!  I could not go to sleep until after 4 am and then got up at 10:25 am which is when I usually get up, my husband and I have different schedules because I snore pretty bad - or so he says lol.  I do believe him.  I do not have sleep apnea as I have had that checked.

For the last several days, my chest has been hurting but that could be from the way I slept on the sofa the other evening or from opening and closing the sliding glass door constantly or just flat out WD, I do not know.  I do know I want it to stop!!  It could also be from the horrible humidity and heat lately too - I get overheated very easily now a days!! UGGG

For the last several days, my stomach has been hurting too, I used to have this every day for a couple years - gastritis but then it had gotten alot better about a year or so ago.  I still have stomach issues, some times are worse than others.  But this morning I started thinking - My doctor told me in 2014 that I have a Vitamin D deficiency and she put me on Vit D 1000mg a day.  Well, when I went to the doctor a few weeks ago, my blood work showed my calcium levels were getting high so I decided to stop taking the vitamin D. This morning I thought about that and looked it up and low and behold - it says you have to wean from the Vitamin D too or it can cause stomach pain, muscle aches, sudden mood changes, sadness and alot of other issues , supplement withdrawal.  Who knew -  - and I have all of that!  Darn it!  I feel kind of dumb but I just did not think stopping the Vitamin D would affect me in any way or I would not have stopped it.  But I read Vitamin D affects so many things in our bodies.  So, I took one around 11:15 am and will go back to taking it in the evening as I have always done.  It is strange, I wondered why I have not been getting hungry in the evenings and why I have been super tired.  It has been over a week since I had stopped it.  I will not make that mistake again.  I am hoping that since I took a dose earlier and am going to take one this evening, it will get it back in my system quickly and hopefully within a few days I will feel better.  I also want to stop taking Prilosec for the gastritis as I think that is gone but I did look into that and it says you have to taper from that too.  I will not be doing that for awhile.  I do not need to cause myself more issues, I seem to do that enough without trying.....  Most of the stomach pain I have is WD related.  I have had issues getting words out correctly the past week too.  Brain fog has been high!

So anyway, I think the Vitamin D withdrawal is part of my problem.  Maybe what I have been going through has nothing to do with me changing my doses around but we will see.  Everything is back to the way it was a week and a half ago so now time will tell.

Sorry this has been so long.  I am going to lay down for a while.  I just do not feel well at all.  Plus some of what I have been dealing with this week is redoing our Wills and POA's since we now live in a different state, and taking care of that stuff  in itself is depressing to me although necessary.  Talking to funeral homes and changing our life insurance beneficiaries etc, is not my definition of fun - but is important so I have completed most of it and decided I needed a break for a couple days.  I will get back to it soon! 

I do want to say that when I was reading - I saw that Vitamin D deficiency can cause headaches and hair loss, muscle pain and so many other symptoms.  I wonder if any of you have that.  Baddove, Laurie and Marybeth - you may want to have that checked too.  From what you have posted recently, it seems alot of your symptoms could be Vit D related too - or a combination of issues.  It also affects your immune system and can cause depression.  Very powerful vitamin!

Take care and know I am thinking about all of you and love you!

Love and hugs and prayers,

Julia

:smitten::oXo::hug:

Hi everyone,

Well, today has just sucked!  I could not go to sleep until after 4 am and then got up at 10:25 am which is when I usually get up, my husband and I have different schedules because I snore pretty bad - or so he says lol.  I do believe him.  I do not have sleep apnea as I have had that checked.

For the last several days, my chest has been hurting but that could be from the way I slept on the sofa the other evening or from opening and closing the sliding glass door constantly or just flat out WD, I do not know.  I do know I want it to stop!!  It could also be from the horrible humidity and heat lately too - I get overheated very easily now a days!! UGGG

For the last several days, my stomach has been hurting too, I used to have this every day for a couple years - gastritis but then it had gotten alot better about a year or so ago.  I still have stomach issues, some times are worse than others.  But this morning I started thinking - My doctor told me in 2014 that I have a Vitamin D deficiency and she put me on Vit D 1000mg a day.  Well, when I went to the doctor a few weeks ago, my blood work showed my calcium levels were getting high so I decided to stop taking the vitamin D. This morning I thought about that and looked it up and low and behold - it says you have to wean from the Vitamin D too or it can cause stomach pain, muscle aches, sudden mood changes, sadness and alot of other issues , supplement withdrawal.  Who knew -  - and I have all of that!  Darn it!  I feel kind of dumb but I just did not think stopping the Vitamin D would affect me in any way or I would not have stopped it.  But I read Vitamin D affects so many things in our bodies.  So, I took one around 11:15 am and will go back to taking it in the evening as I have always done.  It is strange, I wondered why I have not been getting hungry in the evenings and why I have been super tired.  It has over a week since I had stopped it.  I will not make that mistake again.  I am hoping that since I took a dose earlier and am going to take one this evening, it will get it back in my system quickly and hopefully within a few days I will feel better.  I also want to stop taking Prilosec for the gastritis as I think that is gone but I did look into that and it says you have to taper from that too.  I will not be doing that for awhile.  I do not need to cause myself more issues, I seem to do that enough without trying.....  Most of the stomach pain I have is WD related.  I have had issues getting words out correctly the past week too.  Brain fog has been high!

So anyway, I think the Vitamin D withdrawal is part of my problem.  Maybe what I have been going through has nothing to do with me changing my doses around but we will see.  Everything is back to the way it was a week and a half ago so now time will tell.

Sorry this has been so long.  I am going to lay down for a while.  I just do not feel well at all.  Plus some of what I have been dealing with this week is redoing our Wills and POA's since we now live in a different state, and that in itself is depressing to me although necessary.  Talking to funeral homes and changing our life insurance beneficiaries etc, is not my definition of fun - but is important so I have completed most of it and decided I needed a break for a couple days.  I will get back to it soon!  We are also trying to refinance our condo and that is a pain too.

I do want to say that when I was reading - I saw that Vitamin D deficiency can cause headaches and hair loss, muscle pain and so many other symptoms.  I wonder if any of you have that.  Baddove, Laurie and Marybeth - you may want to have that checked too.  From what you have posted recently, it seems alot of your symptoms could be Vit D related too - or a combination of issues.  It also affects your immune system and can cause depression.  Very powerful vitamin!

Julia

Wow Julia, I hope it is the vitamin D and you feel better quickly!

Love and hugs ❤

Julia,

I’m so sorry this is a crap week for you too!  I think you may be on to something with the vitamin D levels.  I can say as I get lower I am also have cramping in my stomach, I think it is all normal.  Tonight I feel like I am walking on a boat.  I hope this passes, if not I am going to hold my cut Sunday.  I am glad I can control this a bit as I get lower.

Next week has to better right? 

Hugs!

Hi everyone,

For the last several days, my stomach has been hurting too, I used to have this every day for a couple years - gastritis but then it had gotten alot better about a year or so ago.  I still have stomach issues, some times are worse than others.  But this morning I started thinking - My doctor told me in 2014 that I have a Vitamin D deficiency and she put me on Vit D 1000mg a day.  Well, when I went to the doctor a few weeks ago, my blood work showed my calcium levels were getting high so I decided to stop taking the vitamin D. This morning I thought about that and looked it up and low and behold - it says you have to wean from the Vitamin D too or it can cause stomach pain, muscle aches, sudden mood changes, sadness and alot of other issues , supplement withdrawal.  Who knew -  - and I have all of that!  Darn it!  I feel kind of dumb but I just did not think stopping the Vitamin D would affect me in any way or I would not have stopped it.  But I read Vitamin D affects so many things in our bodies.  So, I took one around 11:15 am and will go back to taking it in the evening as I have always done.  It is strange, I wondered why I have not been getting hungry in the evenings and why I have been super tired.  It has been over a week since I had stopped it.  I will not make that mistake again.  I am hoping that since I took a dose earlier and am going to take one this evening, it will get it back in my system quickly and hopefully within a few days I will feel better.  I also want to stop taking Prilosec for the gastritis as I think that is gone but I did look into that and it says you have to taper from that too.  I will not be doing that for awhile.  I do not need to cause myself more issues, I seem to do that enough without trying.....  Most of the stomach pain I have is WD related.  I have had issues getting words out correctly the past week too.  Brain fog has been high!

Sorry this has been so long.  I am going to lay down for a while.  I just do not feel well at all.  Plus some of what I have been dealing with this week is redoing our Wills and POA's since we now live in a different state, and taking care of that stuff  in itself is depressing to me although necessary.  Talking to funeral homes and changing our life insurance beneficiaries etc, is not my definition of fun - but is important so I have completed most of it and decided I needed a break for a couple days.  I will get back to it soon! 

Julia

Julia I’m so sorry you are feeling bad. I’m sending big hugs and wishes for you to feel better soon! It’s so unfair for us to have to suffer through this. I’m hoping for better days ahead you you! One day we will have conquered this!

Love,

Mary :smitten:

Hi ladies,

Laurie- thanks. I'm sorry you're having a crappy week too. Hopefully you'll feel better quickly. I am glad you do have some control by holding.

I really do think the vitamin d is part of the issues I'm having.

Mary- thank you! I'm hoping for better days too.

Debbie- thank you too!! I agree, it sucks we have to suffer. One day it'll all be gone. ♥️

Thank you all for your love and support!!! I love you all and am thankful for you!!! It's gotta get better!!!

Love, hugs and prayers!!!

Julia ♥️♥️♥️😊😊👍👍

You're welcome Julia.  Have had some anxiety today hoping tomorrow is better.

Love and hugs to you

I'm sorry you've had anxiety today. I know that sucks. I hope you're feeling better and that tomorrow is a brighter day!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Love,

Julia

Love and hugs to you

I'm sorry you've had anxiety today. I know that sucks. I hope you're feeling better and that tomorrow is a brighter day!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Love,

Julia

Julia hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you too!

Love and hugs to you

Love,

Julia

Julia hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you too!

Thanks so much!!!!    :smitten: :smitten:

Horrible night of sweating and virtually no sleep.  Yuck.  I hope this means tonight I will be out like a light!

Hope the rest of you are better today, hang in there!

SS,

Sorry about your sleepless night. I have been there. I, myself, am grateful to get just a couple or few hours which is what I got last night. I wish you the very best day and a sleep-full night tonight.

HM

DianeDD,

Thank you for the well wishes! I am hopeful for a little shut eye. I'll take what I can get at this point.

Thanks again,

HM

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Le...]
    • [bi...]
    • [...]
    • [Mr...]
    • [fa...]
    • [El...]
    • [...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [kn...]