Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!

[Lo...]

Hi Debbie,

That's a good idea! I'll see how I am doing in a couple days and if I'm doing good, I'll make a cut!! 😊

That's why I asked questions, you ladies have such good input!!

Love,

Julia ♥️♥️

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [Lo...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Debbie,

That's a good idea! I'll see how I am doing in a couple days and if I'm doing good, I'll make a cut!! 😊

Love,

Julia ♥️♥️

Julia glad I could help I don't want you to suffer!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Debbie,

Love,

Julia ♥️♥️

Thank you!!!! Me either!! 😊😊♥️♥️

Hi Debbie,

Love,

Julia ♥️♥️

Thank you!!!! Me either!! 😊😊♥️♥️

😘

Julia,

I think Debbie is right, wait if you are having issues.  I do the same, it seems like every three weeks or so I hit a rough patch.  I think stabilizing is so important as we get closer to the end.

Julia,

I think Debbie is right, wait if you are having issues.  I do the same, it seems like every three weeks or so I hit a rough patch.  I think stabilizing is so important as we get closer to the end.

Hi Laurie,

I agree.  I am going to wait.  I am not feeling the best this morning.

I did make a change and that may be why,  All this time I have made my largest dose of the day my morning dose.  Yesterday I was doing my doses this way - 1st dose -.25, 2nd dose .125, 3rd dose .0625, 4th dose .125 to make a daily dose of .5625.  I have been wanting to start taking away from my morning dose because I did not want to get closer to the end and end up with issues towards the end of the day.  Today I changed my dosing to : 1st dose .1875, 2nd will be .125 , 3rd will be .125 and 4th will be .125.  I plan to make the next cut from the 1st dose of the day too.  I am going to cut .0312.  That is about 5%.  I will see how I do changing the doses around this way but I have to start going down in the first dose too.  I have  a headache already today and have had nausea.  Also, I have been using the peach pills for the 1st dose of the day and today changed all my doses to the white pills.  It should not make a difference but I am sensitive to med changes.  Over a  year ago I tried the white pills and could not take them but finally tried them again a few months ago and am able to but I was also using the peach pills too for my morning dose.  I am hoping not to have a issue.  If I do I will just get my husband to cut the peach pills into 4 and still use part of them with my first dose. 

Sorry to be so long winded.  Not feeling the greatest right now.  Thinking too much and knowing I made a change always gets me a little anxious.

Hope you are doing well with your cut today.

Debbie - I hope you are doing good too.

Love,

Julia  :smitten:

Julia,

Hi Laurie,

I agree.  I am going to wait.  I am not feeling the best this morning.

I did make a change and that may be why,  All this time I have made my largest dose of the day my morning dose.  Yesterday I was doing my doses this way - 1st dose -.25, 2nd dose .125, 3rd dose .0625, 4th dose .125 to make a daily dose of .5625.  I have been wanting to start taking away from my morning dose because I did not want to get closer to the end and end up with issues towards the end of the day.  Today I changed my dosing to : 1st dose .1875, 2nd will be .125 , 3rd will be .125 and 4th will be .125.  I plan to make the next cut from the 1st dose of the day too.  I am going to cut .0312.  That is about 5%.  I will see how I do changing the doses around this way but I have to start going down in the first dose too.  I have  a headache already today and have had nausea.  Also, I have been using the peach pills for the 1st dose of the day and today changed all my doses to the white pills.  It should not make a difference but I am sensitive to med changes.  Over a  year ago I tried the white pills and could not take them but finally tried them again a few months ago and am able to but I was also using the peach pills too for my morning dose.  I am hoping not to have a issue.  If I do I will just get my husband to cut the peach pills into 4 and still use part of them with my first dose. 

Sorry to be so long winded.  Not feeling the greatest right now.  Thinking too much and knowing I made a change always gets me a little anxious.

Hope you are doing well with your cut today.

Debbie - I hope you are doing good too.

Love,

Hi Julia, 

I'm sorry you are not feeling well today just take your time.  I have also wondered about which dose to taper it's such a guessing game.  Hope you can rest and feel better.

Hi Laurie,

Hope your day is going well.

❤ hugs to you both

Thanks Debbie, I always dislike making a change because you never know how it'll affect you. It's almost like I made a cut but only changed how I dosed. You're right, it's a guessing game. I'm going to give it a couple days and if it's not better, I'll have my husband cut the peach pills and see if that's the problem.

I'm going to try and lay down.

Hugs and love,

Julia ♥️

Thanks Debbie, I always dislike making a change because you never know how it'll affect you. It's almost like I made a cut but only changed how I dosed. You're right, it's a guessing game. I'm going to give it a couple days and if it's not better, I'll have my husband cut the peach pills and see if that's the problem.

Hugs and love,

Julia ♥️

Hugs and love,

Julia ♥️

Hello - I laid down for a little while then had supper and cleaned up the dishes.  I am a little better but still am not feeling the greatest.  I think it being rainy and my being frustrated how little changes on this taper nightmare, make me sad!

It will be ok!  Just another day in benzo hell zone!  Sorry - not very cheery today!  Tomorrow will be better - that is what I am telling myself.

Love you ladies,

Hugs and love,

Julia ♥️

Hello - I laid down for a little while then had supper and cleaned up the dishes.  I am a little better but still am not feeling the greatest.  I think it being rainy and my being frustrated how little changes on this taper nightmare, make me sad!

It will be ok!  Just another day in benzo hell zone!  Sorry - not very cheery today!  Tomorrow will be better - that is what I am telling myself.

Love you ladies,

Julia we love you too!

Praying tomorrow is better

Hugs ❤

Girls, I broke my second toe yesterday…I am trying to find the positive in everything, but it is hard sometimes.

:tickedoff:

Girls, I broke my second toe yesterday…I am trying to find the positive in everything, but it is hard sometimes.

Laurie 😱 ouch!!!  My goodness don't know what the positive would be but there surely has to be something.  Hope it heals fast.

Hugs ❤

Julia.. "benzo hell" is a perfect description!!!

I ate peanut butter and crackers for lunch, about 2::00 my benzo belly let me know had the most awful bloating and gas for 3 hrs!  Grrr. Always something.

Hugs ❤

We are all entitled to an off day, hang in there Julia, tomorrow is a new day. Hugs

Thanks Laurie, I appreciate that. I'll be glad when this is over! 😊♥️♥️

Wow, I know that hurts. I hope it'll heal soon. Being positive is hard sometimes but you do great!!  I hope you're able to walk ok. 🙏

Hugs,

Julia

Julia.. "benzo hell" is a perfect description!!!

I ate peanut butter and crackers for lunch, about 2::00 my benzo belly let me know had the most awful bloating and gas for 3 hrs!  Grrr. Always something.

Hugs ❤

Laurie, that sucks!! I've been trying to eat more fresh fruit lately in order to lose weight and it doesn't like me and late at night the stomach gurgling and gas starts. It's painful!!

Yup - benzo hell!!!

One day this will all be behind us!!

Love and hugs,

Julia ♥️♥️

Hi everyone. I’m so sorry for you all that are hurting and suffering. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. You all seem amazing and I hate that such good people have to suffer with this crap! I too am not doing well. I was in such a beautiful window and then boom out of no where I was hit with the biggest wave of waves! I just feel crappy! Nauseous, insomnia, weakness, crying nonstop, anger, diarrhea, heartburn......just has nailed me. I’m holding my dose for now for a few days. I am so sick of this process and admire you all so much for the strength you all have! You are so brave to have come so far after so long. You all give me strength that I can keep moving forward, even when I feel like I can’t and am tapped out in reserves. I do DLMT and am taking 134ml out of 200ml. I have 66ml left. A measly 66! Yet it seems like a forever amount! 33% left to go, and I feel it’s so far off. I so hate complaining to you all as you have all suffered far worse than me, but you are where I can my strength and confidence back from. You are the inspiration that keeps me in the fight some days. I don’t post on here often but read all,of your posts daily. You all help me daily without even knowing you do probably. I don’t want to be a big whiner crybaby to you all but just need some encouragement if you all could spare some I’d be so grateful! Hugs to you all!

WW,

You are doing amazing!!  I know you are going through a rough patch, but you should be so proud of your progress.

Holding your dose makes sense given your current symptoms.  A few weeks ago I was battling nausea and dizziness, I held and it passed.  You are so close to the end, it is very encouraging.

Please chime in often, the good and the bad is appreciated here.  It reminds us we are not alone in this.

Have a great week everyone.

Morning all!

Laurie, so sorry to hear about your toe!  OUCH!  That stinks! Nothing like adding another ailment to an already trying time.  Hoping that it heals quickly!

WW, so sorry you hit a rough patch as well.  Seems like we're all hitting them the further down in dose we go.  Hang in there!  Vent away.... as you can see, I've been the "Queen of venting" as of late.  :)  You're about to hit the finish line.. You got this!!!  :thumbsup:

Julia, I'm all about the hold these days.  I had planned to make a reduction today but decided to ride the "I'm finally sleeping wave" one more week.  It's tough to give that up!  My mind tells me to move along but my body says, "Nah, one more week of sleep will do you some good."  So I'm going with the latter.

Debbie, you nailed it with the "guessing game" quote.  I swear to you, at this stage of the taper I feel like everything I do is a guessing game.  Other than the Ashton Manual and the posts here on BB's, neither being very scientific, this whole thing is a crap shoot!  Some cuts are fine, others not so much.  And unfortunately, there's simply no peer reviewed, scientific, tried and true method for all.  It essentially comes down to "whatever works for you".  For the most part, I use the same exact dose spaced evenly.  But I think it's because it's what I've always done.  Who knows if it's better or worse.  It just is. 

I survived that 100+ person party at my sister on Saturday!  Keep in mind, I could NOT have done this earlier in my taper.  I'm thankful for that. 

Hope all are having a better day today!  Sending love, support, compassion and strength to all!!!

Love,

MB

MB,

It is so nice to hear that you are doing better!  I hope given the circumstances you were still able to enjoy the party. 

I plan to hold as long as it takes, I want to be sure when I finally discontinue this stuff that life is tolerable.  There are so many post comments stating they wish they had slowed it down and did not rush to get off.  I guess I am hanging my hat on that, we'll see.

The toe is killing me, it is black and unbelievably ugly.  We were washing windows on the boat and for some reason I rammed my foot into a cleat.  I have no idea how that happened but I cant wait for it to heal.  Good news it was a great distraction from benzo withdrawal.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ro...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [En...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Os...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [ti...]
    • [BW...]
    • [Tu...]
    • [El...]