Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

So much for getting that mri

[cr...]

Yep. Couldnt make it happen. Was in their office for 2 hours falling out of their chair waiting for an mri cuz every asshole and their mother was in line. Couldnt get it done. Eventually had to tell them they're taking too long and cancel it. Had to stumble out of there dizzy and barely sane. Guess ill die from cancer if its hiding in my brain. Might just go to hospital next week if I'm too sick to reschedule. Anyway. I'm gonna collapse and cry a bit now cuz I didn't succeed.

Deathly ill. Doctors just doing due diligence ordering one. It's either that or "Try topamax for your condition." Lol no i just want to make sure I'm not sick with cancer thanks.

I do not know why so many here want to get MRIs and think they might have brain cancer. The symptoms aren't really the same.. I would avoid MRIs as much as you can because they are not healthy either.

What are brain cancer symptoms? I have a laundry list of issues. Too tired to write it all down. Mostly strange head sensations.

My cousin has a brain tumor. She didn't have much in the way of symptoms until she had a big seizure one day, that's when they diagnosed her. Looking back, she thinks she may hae been having some brief mini-seizures in the form of completely spacing out for a few minutes and showing no reaction from someone trying to talk to ther. But they were brief. She didn't have any chronic ongoing symptoms.

What are brain cancer symptoms? I have a laundry list of issues. Too tired to write it all down. Mostly strange head sensations.

#

You dont know about symptoms of a brain tumor but you want an MRI in order to find out if you might have some?!

But I can understand that you want to be sure if you got mostly symptoms in the head.. But I see that you are early in withdrawal where this is quiet common. I would just avoid to fall into the testing-spiral thats all. Wishing you the best with the MRI..

#

You dont know about symptoms of a brain tumor but you want an MRI in order to find out if you might have some?!

But I can understand that you want to be sure if you got mostly symptoms in the head.. But I see that you are early in withdrawal where this is quiet common. I would just avoid to fall into the testing-spiral thats all. Wishing you the best with the MRI..

Crescent mentioned he was having seizures at 14 months off. Everyone says that seizure risks ends after a month off, so I think it is important to check that there isn't something else going on.

Yep. Couldnt make it happen. Was in their office for 2 hours falling out of their chair waiting for an mri cuz every asshole and their mother was in line. Couldnt get it done. Eventually had to tell them they're taking too long and cancel it. Had to stumble out of there dizzy and barely sane. Guess ill die from cancer if its hiding in my brain. Might just go to hospital next week if I'm too sick to reschedule. Anyway. I'm gonna collapse and cry a bit now cuz I didn't succeed.

maybe it was a blessing in disguise. the reason i say that is i had 4 sets of mri's since being on quetiapine/SSRI and they all showed various "lesions" which are area of the brain which died and the body filled in the spaces with scar tissue, that's the things that light up on the mri because the gadolinium contrast dye they inject into your vein before the 2 hour long trip stuck in the big magnetic tube (which i liken to the big white coffin of loud noises from hell) runs through everything soft like blood vessels etc but not hard tissue.

my first lesion/scar tissue to show up wasthe size of a marble. left lower cerebellum. i like to died thinking i had brain cancer. then they misdianosed me with ms/multiple sclerosis, and i had increasing symptoms of ms...the radiologist  told me privately that it could be brain damage from the meds i was taking. but he could lose his job for telling me. fast forward to 2018, when after suffering with all the classic MS symptoms, i got my dosage of quetiapine SSRI under 85mg. suddenly all the symptoms of MS went away. all that remains is the scar tissue "lesions" in my brain and spine from the damage done over the 2 decades they had me on that stuff. NO MS. NO BRAIN CANCER.

the gadolinium contrast dye they injected btw...turns out they lied about that too. it does NOT leave your body after 24 hours. it stays. google ChuckNorris wife mri gadolinium contrast dye lawsuit. it disabled her. they won. (they bought me a steak dinner once but that's another story, another time.  ;)

don't worry bout the brain thing. you're in heavy WD's it's normal and you'll get thru it. be kind to yourself and don't fall into the expensive trap of mri diagnostics along with the dangerous contrast metal gadolinium that's required to get those damn images with.  save yourself the hassle, the mental anguish and potentially disabling...i mean wheelchair disabling...side effects they can bring.

your body and especially your precious brain doesn't need the added insult to injury of repeated (like hundreds) of heavy duty radiation xrays from an mri machine. trust me.

anyways, i hope my lil horror story helped you see even as bad as things seem, you're not as bad off as some and once they hget ya psyched into the tests, it is ongoing...spinal taps, etc etc.

99% of the time useless and not diagnostic anyways.

take care of yourself eat best you can, sleep when you can, go SLOW.

HUGS

Benzos and brain cancer are connected? I’m scared

No, they are not directly connected.  However, many people have extreme headaches in withdrawal.  And while in 99.9% of cases it is nothing to worry about, there is always that small chance that something else is going on, too.

Yeah dont worry. I told them no dye. Ive had a few siezures throughout this process. That 30 day risk thing doesn't apply for me obviously. Im just getting sicker the longer I'm sober. I've managed to get clear of most headches and dizzy spells, but I still have a bjillion other issues. I want the MRI so I can get a before and after MRI to. I had one pre benzos that showed normal. Im going to sue the fuck out of my doctor if I can stop being so bedridden 24/7. I bet you all sorts of structural changes will show up. Well, if I can actually get to the damn machine to have it done. 2 hour wait time just about killed me.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]