Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hello

[Qu...]

Hi, I have an interest in stopping my use of Benzos. I only use them as prescribed, but the weening period is still quite difficult. thanks, no need to reply.

Hello Quietquiet :hug: and Welcome to benzobuddies

We are glad you joined our community.    Benzodiazepines used more than a few months, should be tapered off slow and carefully.  The generally accepted taper rate is 5-10%, every 10 to 14 days.  The rate can be adjusted to meet your needs.  Some are able to taper faster than this and some must go more slowly to help keep their withdrawal symptoms manageable.

I suggest you read through the Ashton Manual,  It’s great for understanding the effect benzodiazepines have on our body.  It also provides tapering and withdrawal information.  You will find some great support here on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Methods 

If you would be so kind please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]