Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Severe H, thinking about giving up coming off benzos. Thoughts?

[...]

I'm not sure if Ativan has made my H worse. All I know is right now it's the only thing taking the edge of the sound sensitivity, and it's gotten bad enough I am in pure "survive at all costs" mode. I've barely started tapering and my H, which has me housebound and debilitated and is awful, is pure hell. I still probably have lymes. I'm trying to survive my parents constantly making me take anxiety meds and threatening to kick me out of the house. I don't know if I can get off the Ativan right now, even though I'm sure its hurting me. It often feels paradoxical and the tolerance/interdose withdrawal is very clear.

So, maybe I should switch to Klonopin if I'm going to stay on it? Being already in tolerance/withdrawal, I'm afraid I would have to not just switch but updose a little to be stable and feel "good" on it, but right now it may be something I need to do just to stay alive and survive right now...

Does anyone have any advice for this situation?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]