Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Short term Ativan use for insomnia

[Mi...]

About once every 3 or 4 days I’d take 1mg of Ativan to help me fall asleep for the past month and a half. I haven’t taken any for the past couple of days and just feel emotionally flat and my anxiety has risen significantly, resulting in severe sleep disturbances. Should I taper down or is this a dosage used over a period of time that warrants stopping altogether (cold turkey)? Let me know, thanks

[f8...]

Hello, Mike53d – welcome to BenzoBuddies, and congratulations on being benzo-free!

Based on my own horrific experience with Ativan, if I were in your situation I’d never touch another one again. What you’re experiencing is typical after stopping, even for folks who tapered very slowly, and the symptoms do fade over time.

However, this is a question that you could put out there for the wider BB membership – others will be happy to share their experiences too. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you decided to join the forum – you'll be able to connect with others who understand what you're going through. The following board may be a good place to begin posting your questions:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Please take a moment to Create a Signature – you can enter your pertinent drug and taper history in the box at the bottom. This will allow members to see where you are in the process, so that they can better support you.

Looking forward to seeing you on the forum!

Leslie  :smitten:

The Ashton Manual is an authoritative resource on what to expect during withdrawal and recovery. It provides information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]