Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

.5 mg ativan

[Sh...]

Hi. I’m joining to get some support in my quest to be free of Ativan. I am currently taking .5 mg per day down from 1 mg.  I was taking 1 mg a day for about a year. My first cut was hard, I cut the dose in half. Now I just take .5 mg at night, but I feel the symptoms start in the late afternoon, I’m just scared to take more I really want to be off this drug.

Hello Sherlick :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are very glad you joined our community. You have made a great decision to taper off these drugs!  Benzos need a slow taper, your first cut 50% was too much, slow is the way to go.  In general it’s advised to cut your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  You can taper slower than this, whatever feels comfortable.  We can help you with support, encouragement and taper/withdrawal information. 

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]