Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What is this is it DR or DP or both?

[d3...]

[d3...]

I have DR or DP or both. It is hard to know which one of them it is.

Last summer I got DP it was this crazy feeling of losing bodyparts,  felt floating,  hollow and empty inside. I was disconnected. Lack of feelings and emotions. DR was like strange vision like blurry or foggy. Not unreal

But now...this feels so much worse. I know I am in my home but all looks so unknown. I feel confused. . Also blurry or super sharp. The worst part is how it feels in my head. How I feel like a person. Hard to describe but it feels like I am trapped inside my head. I have also these intrusive racing thoughts about losing my mind.I am not disconnected or unreal as a person.I am really afraid. It is awful  :'(

I have DR or DP or both. It is hard to know which one of them it is.

Last summer I got DP it was this crazy feeling of losing bodyparts,  felt floating,  hollow and empty inside. I was disconnected. Lack of feelings and emotions. DR was like strange vision like blurry or foggy. Not unreal

But now...this feels so much worse. I know I am in my home but all looks so unknown. I feel confused. . Also blurry or super sharp. The worst part is how it feels in my head. How I feel like a person. Hard to describe but it feels like I am trapped inside m head. I have also these intrusive racing thoughts about losing my mind.I am not disconnected or unreal as a person.I am really afraid. It is awful  :'(

Hi. i have had this too.  What you described as DP seems like DP from what I have read.

The DR sounds accurate, too, based on what I have read and my own experiences, plus it sounds like you are having some of the visual disturbances that come along during w/d, where everything seems to bright, too sharp, etc.

I have had all the symptoms you are experiencing.  I do not know if knowing someone else has had it helps you, but sometimes it somehow eases my burden a bit to hear from other people who have had similar symptoms to mine.

Hang in there! There are times when even my family looks foreign to me. I had this at an intense level during the first months off and now it's only during strong waves. But it always ends! Be sure of that!

Take good care!

Hang in there! There are times when even my family looks foreign to me. I had this at an intense level during the first months off and now it's only during strong waves. But it always ends! Be sure of that!

Take good care!

Yep, even ones close to me looked strange up until maybe 2 weeks ago.

The dp and dr are ever so gradually improving, but I also think it helps that I do not obsess over it as much.

They feel intolerable when I am experiencing them, no doubt, but they do not incite panic in me any longer since I know what they are and are temporary

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]