Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Waves and working

[pu...]

Well, I can work might be an overstatement -- I am barely functioning and getting through a half shift is such a trying endeavour -- I am not performing my job duties effectively, I don´t think -- though, I am giving it everything I have.  I have never been diagnosed with OCD, but this w/d is causing OCD, ADHD, and akasthisia symptoms that make it difficult for me to do anything other than sit and ruminate --  if it is not ruminating on my symptoms, then it is ruminating on past trauma, or a combination of both -- and I am then launched in to loop after loop of flashbacks and panic. 

I suppose work is a distraction, but it is so difficult for me to concentrate, remember, focus, communicate, and not to panic.  I feel intense pressure now, too, because there are two people who want my job, and I honestly think they would be much better situated to do it, as I cannot perform as I once did.

Thank you so very much for your reply <3

Do you have fLMA or STD you can take?

Unfortunately, no :(

I discussed applying for disability with some people here on the board, but I need an income now -- disability will take so long to receive, if I were even to be approved.

I have been looking for online work, but so far, nothing yet.

My income is exceptionally low as is, and I need every penny of it at present.

I discussed applying for disability with some people here on the board, but I need an income now -- disability will take so long to receive, if I were even to be approved.

STD through your employer is immediate (if you have Group Disability coverage)

Hi  purpleheart18,

I had to work through my withdrawal too, except for the first few weeks when I was incapable of getting off the sofa.  It was difficult as you know, but I'm actually grateful I could because it provided distraction.  I read about the folks who can only sit at home and concentrate on their symptoms and know that even though it was hard, working was good for me. 

Don't be hard on yourself, you probably feel like you're not performing at your best but you may be underestimating yourself because of the fear and self doubt this process does to us.  Try not to worry about what others at your job are thinking or doing, just show up each day and do the best you can right now, you're going to get through this with your job and your health intact.

Heretohelp

STD through your employer is immediate (if you have Group Disability coverage)

Only pt gig.  No ins.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]