Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Still Withdrawal?

[Re...]

I am feeling like I am not quite in a window now but not quite in a huge wave.  Inbetween maybe?  I am 11 weeks off.  Does anyone feel this is still withdrawal?  I think probably so since just about 3 months off?

I have some physical symptoms but mainly memtal that causes anxiety and some depression is there when the anxiety is less.  I have the unwanted, scary, weird thoughts mostly.  Do these go away with recovery?

Thanks.

Yes, it's w/d. It will get better with time, as long as you abstain from alcohol and all other drugs. I'm 11 months benzo free and the instrusive, ruminating thought are beginning to lessen, as well as the tinnitus. Be patient with yourself and trust your bodies ability to hearl.

I am feeling like I am not quite in a window now but not quite in a huge wave.  Inbetween maybe?  I am 11 weeks off.  Does anyone feel this is still withdrawal?  I think probably so since just about 3 months off?

I have some physical symptoms but mainly memtal that causes anxiety and some depression is there when the anxiety is less.  I have the unwanted, scary, weird thoughts mostly.  Do these go away with recovery?

Thanks.

What benzo were you on, for how long, and at what dosage?  What was your taper or acute like?

The REALLY scary, constant, cyclical thoughts leveled off and went away for me about 5 months out. I still have the “I’m not going to get better” usual that comes and goes frequently, but the mental images of me driving my car high speed into the median of another car, that came out of nowhere and we’re super intense, have left (for now at least).

Purpleheart18 I was off and on Xanax from the age of about 20 to about 6 years ago (I am 49).  It "stopped working" as I was always told (which I now know was tolerance withdrawal happening).  So they switched me to Klonipin about 6 yrs. ago.  I tapered over 3.5 months from 1mg down.  I have been off for 3 months now.

I have had a sort of dizziness return (more of an unbalanced feeling in my head than things spinning).  It makes me a tad queasy.  I had that for a short time in the beginning of w/d.  The looping thoughts came more to the forefront when the anxiety became less intense than when in acute.  Today the thoughts are better but the unbalanced feeling is there.  At 3 months out for me symptoms are there but a tad duller.

I have had a sort of dizziness return (more of an unbalanced feeling in my head than things spinning).  It makes me a tad queasy.  I had that for a short time in the beginning of w/d.  The looping thoughts came more to the forefront when the anxiety became less intense than when in acute.  Today the thoughts are better but the unbalanced feeling is there.  At 3 months out for me symptoms are there but a tad duller.

What dosage of Klonopin were taking? How did you taper?

Yeah it seems to be a reoccurring theme on here once we jump our minds clear but the underlying issues and causes still exist that created the stress and reason why we choose Benzo to begin with. My situation is no different, I’m in the absolute worst place in my life, financially, physically, mentally, family, work or lack of EVERYTHING. I bet least 50% of individuals in my shoes wouldn’t even begin to think of getting off the medication but the way I’m approaching matters is that I got to begin rebuilding somewhere and if I start with the medication that has been masking my shitty life and hard situations then least I’ll be clear minded and can begin rebuilding from the bottom up, eventually gaining back all the confidence and things I once had before. Here’s hoping at least. Think we all got to develop better coping mechanisms for life. That way we can battle our demons head on and not mask the hurt the pain, that’s all the Clonazepam has been doing.

Yeah it seems to be a reoccurring theme on here once we jump our minds clear but the underlying issues and causes still exist that created the stress and reason why we choose Benzo to begin with. My situation is no different, I’m in the absolute worst place in my life, financially, physically, mentally, family, work or lack of EVERYTHING. I bet least 50% of individuals in my shoes wouldn’t even begin to think of getting off the medication but the way I’m approaching matters is that I got to begin rebuilding somewhere and if I start with the medication that has been masking my shitty life and hard situations then least I’ll be clear minded and can begin rebuilding from the bottom up, eventually gaining back all the confidence and things I once had before. Here’s hoping at least. Think we all got to develop better coping mechanisms for life. That way we can battle our demons head on and not mask the hurt the pain, that’s all the Clonazepam has been doing.

Well said, Nick.  My circumstances regarding my life, and now quality of life, are the same.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]