Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Feeling of pressure in upper jaws

[st...]

I broke my jaw in a car accident in 1973.  It's bone on bone now, cartiledge is all gone.  It happened at a time doctors did not know how to fix it back then.  My Jaw was totally dislocated and had to be reduced (put back in) at a doctor's office.  So I've had pain all these years but NOW that I'm tapering off Valium.....it's bad.

So here is what I'm doing and I don't know if it will work for you being that we are all individuals or not.  Just going to tell you what is kind of working for me.  It doesn't remove the pain completely though.  I take Hyluronic Acid vitamins every day with my food.  Then I use Ice Packs.  I had a diet where I don't eat any sugars at all. I avoid all sugar, which helps reduce inflammation.  Blueberries are okay though, they are low glycemic.  At least this has worked for me.  I cannot take any pain meds, they all make me too nervous.  I also take Magnesium Citrate at night before bed with Vitamin K2.  The K2 takes it to the bones and teeth.

The ice packs take longer than meds, but I have no choice.  Hope this helps.  Oh yes, sometimes if I don't have the pressure, I use heat pads too.  It depends on whether it's inflammation, which needs the ice.  If it's muscle tightness, then heat. 

Hopeforrecovery...sorry to hear about your car accident so many years ago.  Thank you for the great advice on dealing with pain in the jaw.  It's kind of funny though...mine is not necessarily "pain" but almost like there is pressure in both upper jaws.  Hard to explain.  Seems like it comes on when my knees feel very heavy and my tinnitus comes back.  This benzo withdrawal stuff is just horrible!!

I have horrible tightness in upper jaw but mine is constant. It feels like a constant pressure.

Yes..that's exactly how mine feels.  But it comes and goes..sometimes staying for weeks and then goes away.  Hope you get some relief from this soon.

Well for the pressure then it is the ice packs that help.  And avoid all refined products and sugars.  That will stop all inflammation that causes a lot of this.

Celery and parsley juice takes down inflammation too if you can tolerate it LOL.

Following.

Looking for relief from jaw pain, too. TMJ disorder has gotten much worse with Benzo w/d.

Heat helps me, too. Am getting fitted for a night guard, as well.

Woah. I did not know there was botox for tmj.  I tried botox for migraines when I had ins. that would cover it, and it helped quite a lot. 

I would like to check into botox for tmj....I have had it for many years.  Not sure if my health coverage would pay for it, though.  Also not sure about putting a neurotoxin my body just now since my CNS is so trashed from the benzo.

Woah. I did not know there was botox for tmj.  I tried botox for migraines when I had ins. that would cover it, and it helped quite a lot. 

I would like to check into botox for tmj....I have had it for many years.  Not sure if my health coverage would pay for it, though.  Also not sure about putting a neurotoxin my body just now since my CNS is so trashed from the benzo.

You go through insurance and Botox will reimburse you for any out of pocket now

https://www.botoxsavingsprogram.com/

You go through insurance and Botox will reimburse you for any out of pocket now

https://www.botoxsavingsprogram.com/

Thank you for this info, Sam!!  I really appreciate it! :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]