Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Clonazepam Withdrawal

[Gr...]

Hello Buddies!

I have been taking clonazepam on and off for 21 years. Was taking 3mg. 3x a day for the last several years which I started tapering off of in late spring and am currently holding at .3725 or so. I have been keeping this mostly to myself but realized I needed help (not good at asking for it) to get through this so am finally doing an introduction. I’ve been just trying to get through each day until I’m free of this. I know it will get better but that my taper needs to slow way down (just need to get my PCP on board). Looking ahead to a better and healthier me.

Hi GreenFire :hug: and Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you joined the forum!  Withdrawal is tough, especially hard without support, well done to you. You will find some valuable support and information on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

In general it’s advised to cut the daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days. Some need to go slower, it depends on how they feel.  The aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable.  You might consider the titration method, this will slow it down. 

Check out  Ashton’s Manual, it’s a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

You might like to check out this members support group:

Klonopin Club 

When you can, please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]