Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can't decide to hold or cut

[Da...]

I also have held for 8 days due to severe stomach cramping and nausea. I know my daily taper rate was too high because I felt ok before I raised it.  3 weeks ago symptoms nausea cramps started and I kept reducing. It got so bad 8 days ago I held. Now it's getting worse debilitating stomach cramps. Last night for first time it woke me up. Feeling scared and hoplessness. Had to tell son not to come home for Xmas.  So when you hold.  Are symptoms supposed to get worse. When in this time line can i maybe expect some relief?

Tried Zantac for my stomach. Didnt help.

I'm feeling so bad and keep thinking there's no way I'm going to get through this. My Bp was 145/95 earlier. Called the cardiologist and he said it was withdrawal related and not to worry about it but it's not that easy to forget about.

Is anyone else suffering like this?! I'm literally on the verge of vomiting all day long, my back is killing me, my chest is tight and I'm having those horrific jolt like palpitations when I'm starting to calm down. It's like my body is saying screw you, you aren't calming down.

How do others get through this?! I've been holding for 3 weeks and figured I'd be seeing some improvements at this point but every day it's like the nightmare worsens.

Hello Magnolis. I have been following your postings given i saw your posting on the DLMT thread. I made a few more cuts to my dose since I last posted. Holding now given i am extremely sensitive to clonazepam. I too have the mthfr mutation homozygous t allele c677t gene. Was wondering if you continue to treat that or are holding off until you taper off of your benzo? The decision to cut or hold is so difficult to make. I send you strength as you continue to taper and hold.

I also have held for 8 days due to severe stomach cramping and nausea. I know my daily taper rate was too high because I felt ok before I raised it.  3 weeks ago symptoms nausea cramps started and I kept reducing. It got so bad 8 days ago I held. Now it's getting worse debilitating stomach cramps. Last night for first time it woke me up. Feeling scared and hoplessness. Had to tell son not to come home for Xmas.  So when you hold.  Are symptoms supposed to get worse. When in this time line can i maybe expect some relief?

Tried Zantac for my stomach. Didnt help.

I'm feeling so bad and keep thinking there's no way I'm going to get through this. My Bp was 145/95 earlier. Called the cardiologist and he said it was withdrawal related and not to worry about it but it's not that easy to forget about.

Is anyone else suffering like this?! I'm literally on the verge of vomiting all day long, my back is killing me, my chest is tight and I'm having those horrific jolt like palpitations when I'm starting to calm down. It's like my body is saying screw you, you aren't calming down.

How do others get through this?! I've been holding for 3 weeks and figured I'd be seeing some improvements at this point but every day it's like the nightmare worsens.

Dad24, I've been wondering how you are doing. Sorry the Zantac did not help your stomach any.  Serious withdrawal symptoms such as you have been experiencing are unusual, yet possible… So many factors involved. 

I am going through the longest period of side effects after a cut ---  on the 21st day I have started to feel a bit better, able to function.  And I don't know exactly why  it has taken so long.

Perhaps these are some things that might help you:

You have recovered from cuts before, so it means that you can and will recover from this one.

Remember that we are talking about brain chemistry fixing itself naturally.  It is a huge thing for a body to do, but it almost invariably will happen.  Sometimes people take a long time.

With a family and holidays and your job, you don't seem to have space to simply surrender to your body/mind.  Surrender doesn't mean giving up, it means going with the flow of letting yourself feel as bad as you need to, recognizing that, and putting it into perspective as far as what is happening with your brain.  I would be lost without cognitive behavioral therapy, meditation, yoga, and solitude. I have not been able to attend Thanksgiving, and Christmas is up in the air for me this year.  I am just too fragile and ravaged from this business. It totally sucks! But I am down to one quarter of my original doctor prescribed dose of 3 mg Kpin.

Can you possibly retreat for even 24 to 48 hours… Hotel room, basement… It is so hard to have to be taking other people when something so radical is happening to you. Healing from benzodiazepines is a global medical event, in terms of it affecting your whole being too a  sometimes extreme degree

I am really wondering about your stomach and back issues… Whether or not they are caused by something other than this taper.  Sometimes stomach pain will radiate to the back and vice versa.

Please feel free to PM me for breathing and other calming meditation techniques… People were kind enough to do this for me and it is my privilege to pass it on.

Cheers, music lover

• 2 weeks later...
Dad ask for metoclopramide to stop the nausea. They really do work!!  Also just try and do whats best for you mate. Meditation and breathing excercises really do help!! Chin up mate !  :thumbsup: