Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tappering .5 Xanax after long time use

[...]

I did 100ml because the 1ml syringe didn't  work well

I took 42.4ml

But  thats for a 1mg pill.  I have .5mg pills

Also....I must have still been sleeping because I wrote down on the jar I only took 20ml this morning so I could spread it out.. so I saved my xxxx by writing that down :) I double checked and only 20 ml was used.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Bi...]

• [sh...]

I took 42.4ml

But  thats for a 1mg pill.  I have .5mg pills

If you put two  .5mg pills in 100ml of milk, then the ratio is 1mg=100ml.  And if you drank 42.4 ml of that solution, then you drank .424mg of xanax.

And you should have enough liquid left for tomorrows dose.

I took 20ml... I just saw the bottle and wrote on it.

I used 1 of my  .5mg pill in 100ml milk

Also....I must have still been sleeping because I wrote down on the jar I only took 20ml this morning so I could spread it out.. so I saved my xxxx by writing that down :) I double checked and only 20 ml was used

-I took 20ml of the 100ml milk with .5 mg pill in it-

1  .5  In 100ml milk

I took 20ML so far

From now on use x2 .5 for this formula to work?

Yes.  The ratio should be 1mg per 100ml.  Two .5mg tablets = 1mg.  So add two .5mg tablets to your 100ml of liquid.

The 20ml of .5mg=100ml that you have already  was actually .1mg of xanax.

Ok since I already took 20ml of the. 5mg in 100ml milk

What do i take next for my full dose?

As I said, you have already taken .1mg, so to get to .424, you need to take an additional  .324mg. If your using the mix you made with one .5mg pill, you need to take an additional 64.8ml.

4.24,  4.24,  4.22,  4.22,  4.20,  4.20

4.18   4.18   4.16  4.16  4.14  4.14

4.12.  4.12  4.10  4.10  4.08  4.08

4.06. 4.06.  4.04. 4.04. 4.02. 4.02

4.00  4.00  then what ?

So if I keep this schedule what % are we looking at?

4.24,  4.24,  4.22,  4.22,  4.20,  4.20

4.18  4.18  4.16  4.16  4.14  4.14

4.12.  4.12  4.10  4.10  4.08  4.08

4.06. 4.06.  4.04. 4.04. 4.02. 4.02

4.00  4.00  then what ?

So if I keep this schedule what % are we looking at?

That depends on what dose you compare to, the "start" dose.

That schedule is reducing .14mg every 2 weeks.  So if you start at .45 its 3.1%

At .4, it will be 3.5%

At .35 it will be 4%, etc.

BTW, those numbers, 4.24, 4.222, 4.20, etc are liquid doses for 1mg=10ml, NOT 1mg=100ml.

Thank you ..

I'm just very scared of getting tinnutus .. also what do i do if I do start getting sound in my ears? Updose? What do people do?

I had tinnitus during my taper.  I just tried not to think about it.  Try not to think about symptoms that could be.  Everyone's wd is different and you are not doomed to everything you read about.  If you taper slowly you can avoid the bad symptoms.

PS- my tinnitus is completely gone now

Stay strong!

Sharkey

Sorry to bother you

But I messed up again....

Today's dose should have been  42.2

I took so far 20.22 I messed up the decimal.

Well, if your planned dose was 42.2ml, and you only took 20.2ml, just take another 22ml.

20.2+22=42.2.

I found it  really helps to put your taper plan on paper, either as a software spreadsheet, or just a handwritten schedule, then record your dose-by-dose progress.  You can also use it keep a log of any feelings, reactions, etc.

Guys the more I do this taper the more scared I get. I have had Ocd since 10 . Diagnosed when i was 18 and I'm now 40.

This taper and reading has me obsessed with getting Tinnitus . I was forced off zoloft because I couldn't take it anymore with low level Tinnutus.

This alone has me thinking I have a predisposition to getting tinnitus. I wish I knew what to do.. I have the slight hissing already in my left ear... nothing bad but having ocd just makes me gravitate towards it.

I take Luvox for my ocd currently.

Not sure if the time for me to do this is now.. I can't stop worrying.. and I'm not sure what to do if I do develop tinnutus.

To think I started xanax not for anxiety but for my Tmj...

3.1% taper and im scared as hell. I read non stop about what I could take to prevent tinnutus. I don't want to be in a situation where I regret this.

What's crazy is all the tinnutus reading I did on zoloft months ago, people were and are prescribed xanax for tinnitus!!!

Not sure what to do now.. I can only assume my tapering to fast is causing my issue.. I have a slight hissing in my left ear again. I can't hear it when I watch TV.

I'm also not sure what my left ear was doing when I took out the trash the other day.. after I came inside my house my left ear was thumping and making weird internal noises. What's this called?

Do I need go back up to .5 and wait for a few weeks and start again?

Not sure if I'm panicking over nothing but my Ocd is all over any and all noises I can hear. I can only hear these things when it's very quite or if focus on it ..  sorry for being a nuisance to everyone ..

Any suggestions??

I have a good gram scale. It has a +/- 3 which is significant.

It's one step up from the regular gemini.. it's the gemini pro-

so would this scale work?  I am really just trying to get off 0.125.  Started with 0.25 every once in awhile but have been taking 0.125 for months. I  just wrote a thread about how to split pills but it is a very less than exact science to split the 0.125 and it isn't going well.  i see yours is the pro version of this.  it looks like they have the same measuring.. to 0.001..  but it is cheaper.  I'll spring for the expensive one though if there is something i am missing but want to make sure it can do what i need it to do- in either case

https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-MilliGram/dp/B0012TDNAM

Valeriegrace

0.25 on and off

0.125 since July and not going well in taper

For benzos even the better model  that I have has a 3 +/- variance to much for benzos but someone else could weigh in

The model I had were no good I had 2 I needed to return within a span of 2 weeks. The cheaper one you linked has a good reviews but it's not accurate enough

I just ordered this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004C3I3AA/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

But I'll be using it for ssri meds

Have you ever tried a liquid titration?