Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

SIP ON DAILY LIQUID DOSE ALL DAY? INSTEAD OF MULTIPLE DOSES?

[ho...]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ho...]

• [...]

• [...]

• [tj...]

Top Posters In This Topic

While as a generalization, stable blood levels are desireable, with long half-life meds like diazepam and K, it really isn't critical.  And since sleep disruptions and difficulties a asleep are common problems during withdrawal, it would put sleep way ahead of uniform dosing on my list of priorities.

I agree. Go with the sleep and just dose when you wake up. Great that you are sleeping well.

well im still heavily medicated lol. im sure that will change one day. i just cannot go to sleep early. my body just on a bad schedule right now. i wish i could have a "normal" day time schedule but cant. maybe one day....

hey sg sorry for another question. so its ok not to take my 3 doses 8 hours apart of my k to keep blood levels stable? as i said before having to set alarm to dose then go back to sleep is a nightmare. when you say do it the same every time do you mean do it the same times everyday? so i need to set up a schedule? i want to keep my blood levels as stable as possible but having to do it every 8 hours is a complete nightmare. so the goal is to do it the same times everyday? also heard i need to dose 1 hour after eating and 2 hours before or something. i mean this is impossible to come up with a schedule for this. thank you for any suggestions.

I would set a schedule and stick with it. Do what works for you. Waking to dose is usually not a good idea.

thanks sg, so taking at the same time every day is more important or the same hours apart every 24 hours,  in your opinion?

I'm going to chime in here about your dose times. I think you're worrying too much about the times.  Yes, we want stable blood levels of the drug but if a person sleeps 8 or 9 hours a night and only doses during the day, they're actually not spreading it evenly throughout the day.  For example, I was in the hospital and they gave me 1 mg Ativan 4 times a day and the times were between about 7 am and 8 pm or something.  So for about 11 hours no drug given.  The other 4 doses were I guess about 3 or 4 hours apart. But I didn't go into withdrawals in the middle of the night since I didn't get a dose then.  I think if you just take a dose when you wake up naturally, and another dose before you usually fall asleep, and the other dose halfway in between those two it'll be fine.  And I think what SG is saying about doing it the same every day also has to do whether you rinse the jar after drinking your dose and things like that.  If you do rinse the jar, do it every day. If you don't rinse the jar, then never rinse it and your body will get used to the routine that you stick to. The only thing that should change is the amount of med you're reducing.  I hope this made sense and was somehow helpful.  :)

thank you so much af1. just this certain person tried to drill in my head (and shes a nurse) that I HAVE to get the same in 24 hours. but having to set that alarm and take my dose and go back to sleep is making me miserable. thank you for clarifying what you think about do the same everyday. im taking my doses now at 8-4-12 and waking up usually about 11. (forcing myself) so ill just take my dose when i wake up and then again at 4 then at midnight. thats 11 hours ill have no dose but i dont know how else to do since my sleep schedule is so messed up. thank you for much for your help.

You're welcome. I think your body will adjust just fine and before I even tapered (before the hospital thing) I took 3 doses of Ativan at 8pm, 3am, and 2pm.  Weird schedule, but I never felt withdrawals between the 3am and 2pm dose.  I took the dose at 3 am because that's when I woke in the middle of the night.  Sleep well!

While as a generalization, stable blood levels are desireable, with long half-life meds like diazepam and K, it really isn't critical.  And since sleep disruptions and difficulties a asleep are common problems during withdrawal, it would put sleep way ahead of uniform dosing on my list of priorities.

this seems to be the consensus builder. sleep is more important. i cant take setting the alarm anymore when im in a deep sleep. builder i pmd you about something. thank you

hey sg sorry for another question. so its ok not to take my 3 doses 8 hours apart of my k to keep blood levels stable? as i said before having to set alarm to dose then go back to sleep is a nightmare. when you say do it the same every time do you mean do it the same times everyday? so i need to set up a schedule? i want to keep my blood levels as stable as possible but having to do it every 8 hours is a complete nightmare. so the goal is to do it the same times everyday? also heard i need to dose 1 hour after eating and 2 hours before or something. i mean this is impossible to come up with a schedule for this. thank you for any suggestions.

I would set a schedule and stick with it. Do what works for you. Waking to dose is usually not a good idea.

thanks sg, so taking at the same time every day is more important or the same hours apart every 24 hours,  in your opinion?

I'm going to chime in here about your dose times. I think you're worrying too much about the times.  Yes, we want stable blood levels of the drug but if a person sleeps 8 or 9 hours a night and only doses during the day, they're actually not spreading it evenly throughout the day.  For example, I was in the hospital and they gave me 1 mg Ativan 4 times a day and the times were between about 7 am and 8 pm or something.  So for about 11 hours no drug given.  The other 4 doses were I guess about 3 or 4 hours apart. But I didn't go into withdrawals in the middle of the night since I didn't get a dose then.  I think if you just take a dose when you wake up naturally, and another dose before you usually fall asleep, and the other dose halfway in between those two it'll be fine.  And I think what SG is saying about doing it the same every day also has to do whether you rinse the jar after drinking your dose and things like that.  If you do rinse the jar, do it every day. If you don't rinse the jar, then never rinse it and your body will get used to the routine that you stick to. The only thing that should change is the amount of med you're reducing.  I hope this made sense and was somehow helpful.  :)

thank you so much af1. just this certain person tried to drill in my head (and shes a nurse) that I HAVE to get the same in 24 hours. but having to set that alarm and take my dose and go back to sleep is making me miserable. thank you for clarifying what you think about do the same everyday. im taking my doses now at 8-4-12 and waking up usually about 11. (forcing myself) so ill just take my dose when i wake up and then again at 4 then at midnight. thats 11 hours ill have no dose but i dont know how else to do since my sleep schedule is so messed up. thank you for much for your help.

You're welcome. I think your body will adjust just fine and before I even tapered (before the hospital thing) I took 3 doses of Ativan at 8pm, 3am, and 2pm.  Weird schedule, but I never felt withdrawals between the 3am and 2pm dose.  I took the dose at 3 am because that's when I woke in the middle of the night.  Sleep well!

thank you so much for easing my mind. soooo glad i dont have to set that alarm tonight. then going back to sleep for a couple hours its like a toxic nap and waking up horror combined. thank you.  :)

You're welcome!  Let us know how it goes. Setting an alarm to take a dose to me is like waking a sleeping baby to feed him/her, LOL.  NO WAY ,  ha ha ha ha.  Hopefully you'll feel better not having your sleep interrupted.  :)

You're welcome!  Let us know how it goes. Setting an alarm to take a dose to me is like waking a sleeping baby to feed him/her, LOL.  NO WAY ,  ha ha ha ha.  Hopefully you'll feel better not having your sleep interrupted.  :)

I didn't set my alarm today and took when I got up and going to dose every seven hours. That will leave ten hours between nighttime dose and morning dose. I'm hoping thats ok. Now having to figure out the eating thing. When I should eat according to my dosing. This really is making my life near impossible as I'm unable to cook right now and my husband doing the cooking so I can't have set times to eat. This is ridiculous. Very upset over it.

Do you have to take the Klonopin on an empty stomach or something? I didn't know any of the Benzos had to be taken with or away from mealtimes or whatever.

Do you have to take the Klonopin on an empty stomach or something? I didn't know any of the Benzos had to be taken with or away from mealtimes or whatever.

I've heard a few different things. Apparently has to do with absorption.

I agree with everyone above about sleep is more important than perfectly spreading you doses.  I took doses of K twice a day and didn't have much interdose withdrawal so if you are dose more than twice you should be fine between doses.  I never did anything to adjust my meal times with doses. I personally don't thing that is necessary. 

Stay strong!

sharkey

I agree with everyone above about sleep is more important than perfectly spreading you doses.  I took doses of K twice a day and didn't have much interdose withdrawal so if you are dose more than twice you should be fine between doses.  I never did anything to adjust my meal times with doses. I personally don't thing that is necessary. 

Stay strong!

sharkey

thank you Sharkey for the reassurance. Just frustrating as I don't want these pills to  control every aspect of every single thing I do everyday. I've decided to dose every seven hours starting when I wake up. It'll be ten hours between nighttime dose and morning dose but I don't see any other way. Thanks for the encouragement. Nicole

And if you're wondering about food and Klonopin, you can call any pharmacy and ask a pharmacist.  If it doesn't say anything on the bottle or the paper that comes with your prescription about taking with or away from food, I wouldn't worry about it either.

And if you're wondering about food and Klonopin, you can call any pharmacy and ask a pharmacist.  If it doesn't say anything on the bottle or the paper that comes with your prescription about taking with or away from food, I wouldn't worry about it either.

thanks af just people in withdrawal saying that it affects absorption in some way. I'm not gonna worry about it I guess.

I am taking 2 doses a day.  One at 6 am before work, then another at 4-5pm.  I have found that my symptoms flare up when taken on an empty stomach. I would really think it has to do with absorption issues. My main symptoms are fatigue, headaches,and neck aches. I dissolve 2mg in 100 ml of liquid. I am down to 66ml of liquid. I am dosing 33ml twice a day.  I started this back in March I believe. It has taken me this long to get down 34ml!!!! I could have sped up a bit but I hold when I have stress or things going on!! Best wishes!!

I am taking 2 doses a day.  One at 6 am before work, then another at 4-5pm.  I have found that my symptoms flare up when taken on an empty stomach. I would really think it has to do with absorption issues. My main symptoms are fatigue, headaches,and neck aches. I dissolve 2mg in 100 ml of liquid. I am down to 66ml of liquid. I am dosing 33ml twice a day.  I started this back in March I believe. It has taken me this long to get down 34ml!!!! I could have sped up a bit but I hold when I have stress or things going on!! Best wishes!!

thank you for your reply. What liquid are you using, milk? I wonder why symptoms flare up on empty stomach? I would assume, on empty stomach it would slow down absorption? But there's no rhyme or reason to this mess. You're making great progress! Did you have trouble adjusting to liquid from dry pills? Did it make you feel weird?  Keep up the good work!

thank you for your reply. What liquid are you using, milk? I wonder why symptoms flare up on empty stomach? I would assume, on empty stomach it would slow down absorption? But there's no rhyme or reason to this mess. You're making great progress! Did you have trouble adjusting to liquid from dry pills? Did it make you feel weird?  Keep up the good work!

I am using 5 ml of alcohol, vodka. I let them dissolve for at least an hour.  Then add 95ml water.  I then use a liquid syringe.  My thoughts are if you take it on an empty stomach it sort of passes thru. My symptoms flare up but not horrificly.  I did have trouble adjusting to liquid!! So I did it in steps.  I did want to get to all liquid instead of tapering half liquid first.  I had tolerance withdrawal at .5mg.  I regretfully jumped up to 2 mg because it was so bad.  I could have gotten by on 1-1.5mg I think. 

I am using 5 ml of alcohol, vodka. I let them dissolve for at least an hour.  Then add 95ml water.  I then use a liquid syringe.  My thoughts are if you take it on an empty stomach it sort of passes thru. My symptoms flare up but not horrificly.  I did have trouble adjusting to liquid!! So I did it in steps.  I did want to get to all liquid instead of tapering half liquid first.  I had tolerance withdrawal at .5mg.  I regretfully jumped up to 2 mg because it was so bad.  I could have gotten by on 1-1.5mg I think.

I'm gonna go to half liquid and half dry pills too but I'm using milk not alcohol. I'm going to get adjusted to liquid before I pull any reductions. Are you feeling any better now you've got adjusted to the liquid?

Ya once I adjusted to liquid I was ok.  It took 2 weeks if I remember.  I truly believe slow and steady wins this race.  Every time I've tried to speed up I paid for it!!

Ya once I adjusted to liquid I was ok.  It took 2 weeks if I remember.  I truly believe slow and steady wins this race.  Every time I've tried to speed up I paid for it!!

for sure I've learned that the hard way! Keep up the great progress!

I like your plan.  Don't worry about below 1.5mg until you get there.  There is always a way to get doses even.

Don't worry, whole milk works great with K.  I would not have liked it otherwise.

Your numbers are correct.  1mg K into 200ml is a .005mg/ml liquid.  1ml a day is .005mg a day, which would add to .15mg a month...6%, close enough.

hi sg in your opinion is there a bad thing in liquid titrating too slow. Was told going too slow in the long run can cause "tolerance" and of course that makes it worse. I believe in listening to your body but just was told horror story about going too slow. Just would like your opinion.

Don't worry, whole milk works great with K.  I would not have liked it otherwise.

Your numbers are correct.  1mg K into 200ml is a .005mg/ml liquid.  1ml a day is .005mg a day, which would add to .15mg a month...6%, close enough.

hi sg in your opinion is there a bad thing in liquid titrating too slow. Was told going too slow in the long run can cause "tolerance" and of course that makes it worse. I believe in listening to your body but just was told horror story about going too slow. Just would like your opinion.

I don't agree.  Take all the time you want and go as slow as you want.  Low-stress tapers are a very good thing.

Hey hopefreegirl,

How are you doing now with not waking yourself up to take a dose? 

AF

well I can't really tell difference. I'm having serious outside life stressor s right now so that's not helping. But I don't think any difference, just glad I'm not waking up in toxic nap mode lol

I don't agree.  Take all the time you want and go as slow as you want.  Low-stress tapers are a very good thing.

thanks sg, girl just blamed her slow taper for putting her in tolerance but I don't believe that. Thank you!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Mt...]
    • [Cu...]
    • [je...]
    • [...]
    • [SB...]
    • [je...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [Os...]