Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Please help. Need urgent advice.

[ma...]

I would try to hold where you are at and ride it out. Something similar happened to me. I'm not going to sugar coat it. It took 4-5 months for those super intense symptoms to subside . You feeling worse probably isn't from the Valium, its that your body is freaking out.

I would talk to the Doc and say that this is ruining your life and that you need to hold until you feel better. Good luck. When I was in that awful place it truly was a nightmare. You will get through it, and you will feel much better.

Linnie...do you mind me asking what kind of sxs you were having.., I am completely bed bound and severely ill.... Kindled .....please look at signature.. I have been holding  about 2 months and feel sicker and sicker.......Thank you

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ma...]

• [Be...]

• [be...]

• [Su...]

« on: December 19, 2016, 01:14:25 pm »

Self prescribed up to 40mgs valium per day for anxiety for 9 months (from internet). Non-Benzo wise Psych put me straight down to 10mgs and then 2mg cuts every two weeks. Got to 6mgs and held for 6 months but got worse and worse and felt like I was going to die. Psych would not listen and refused to updose me, so I re-instated by myself (internet valium) back up to 30mgs per day in order to do second slow taper as per advice on BB's and from well-meaning BB members. No longer feel like I'm dying, but still feel extremely unwell. Terror/exhaustion/suicidal depression/cog fog/agoraphobia are main symptoms. Please can anyone offer me any further advice? My life has fallen apart and I'm feeling lost despite advice from well-meaning people. I've been told I need to 'stabilise' before starting new taper, but don't feel I have and don't know what being 'stable' would feel like. I am on low dose mirtazapine to help me sleep at night. I know I have a long way to go and am petrified and so confused.

I'm just putting this in here from "Maverick40" on  this thread

The reason I'm doing that is because I read all of this thread, from the beginning, today, and got extremely concerned on behalf of M40. This discussion ended in "mid air" leaving any readers who followed the discussion - like I did - in a very worried, suspense-filled state, concerned for the wellbeing of out fellow Buddie, M40.

It is a good relief to know - following a bit of research -  that things have turned for the better, somewhat, and that, now, things may move more positively in a much better direction for him.

I suppose when we are utterly terrified by the state we're in, we are also utterly self-absorbed to the point that we neither recognise, nor apparently care, that the content of our posts can have a very severe, harsh affect on others.

Unfortunately, that issue and this example of it is one of the most unhelpful aspects of this site.  :(

« on: December 19, 2016, 01:14:25 pm »

Self prescribed up to 40mgs valium per day for anxiety for 9 months (from internet). Non-Benzo wise Psych put me straight down to 10mgs and then 2mg cuts every two weeks. Got to 6mgs and held for 6 months but got worse and worse and felt like I was going to die. Psych would not listen and refused to updose me, so I re-instated by myself (internet valium) back up to 30mgs per day in order to do second slow taper as per advice on BB's and from well-meaning BB members. No longer feel like I'm dying, but still feel extremely unwell. Terror/exhaustion/suicidal depression/cog fog/agoraphobia are main symptoms. Please can anyone offer me any further advice? My life has fallen apart and I'm feeling lost despite advice from well-meaning people. I've been told I need to 'stabilise' before starting new taper, but don't feel I have and don't know what being 'stable' would feel like. I am on low dose mirtazapine to help me sleep at night. I know I have a long way to go and am petrified and so confused.

I'm just putting this in here from "Maverick40" on  this thread

The reason I'm doing that is because I read all of this thread, from the beginning, today, and got extremely concerned on behalf of M40. This discussion ended in "mid air" leaving any readers who followed the discussion - like I did - in a very worried, suspense-filled state, concerned for the wellbeing of out fellow Buddie, M40.

It is a good relief to know - following a bit of research -  that things have turned for the better, somewhat, and that, now, things may move more positively in a much better direction for him.

I suppose when we are utterly terrified by the state we're in, we are also utterly self-absorbed to the point that we neither recognise, nor apparently care, that the content of our posts can have a very severe, harsh affect on others.

Unfortunately, that issue and this example of it is one of the most unhelpful aspects of this site.  :(

So "FizzleWitch" I take from this you think your advice is the supreme authoritative  one on this site over everyone else's?!  We are all on here for one reason and everyone has their own take on things.  I'm guessing it was my advice, being the first reply, to be the offensive one you are referring to regarding a "possible" reinstatement (amongst others with similar advice)?!!  All thoughts, from everyone of us are advisory and given in good faith based on our own experiences whether you like it or not -- so what gives you the God-given right to override others opinions in order for your own to be sacrosanct?!  If "Maverick40" wanted a new thread without our posts in it he would have sanctioned it by creating one himself!  As at this moment in time you are just a member on this site like the rest of us, not a Moderator, I take offence at your arrogance  >:( End of rant  :smitten:

So "FizzleWitch" I take from this you think your advice is the supreme authoritative  one on this site over everyone else's?!  We are all on here for one reason and everyone has their own take on things.  I'm guessing it was my advice, being the first reply, to be the offensive one you are referring to regarding a "possible" reinstatement (amongst others with similar advice)?!!  All thoughts, from everyone of us are advisory and given in good faith based on our own experiences whether you like it or not -- so what gives you the God-given right to override others opinions in order for your own to be sacrosanct?!  If "Maverick40" wanted a new thread without our posts in it he would have sanctioned it by creating one himself!  As at this moment in time you are just a member on this site like the rest of us, not a Moderator, I take offence at your arrogance  >:( End of rant  :smitten:

Then you take it very wrongly, Susie, and you are quite out of order.

My sole concern was that readers who may have stumbled on this thread and read it from the beginning, could easily have been left in a severe state of upset not otherwise knowing that Maverick40 had found a remedy - which he made clear, by default, on another thread, but not this one.

My post had nothing to do with you.

Your intervention is as wrong-headed as it is unwarranted.

My sole concern was that readers who may have stumbled on this thread and read it from the beginning, could easily have been left in a severe state of upset not otherwise knowing that Maverick40 had found a remedy - which he made clear, by default, on another thread, but not this one.

Ok, in that case I offer my sincere apologies.  I guess I'm over-sensitive with what I've been through myself -- sorry  :smitten::thumbsup:

Ok, in that case I offer my sincere apologies.  I guess I'm over-sensitive with what I've been through myself -- sorry  :smitten::thumbsup:

That's very kind of you and I understand, fully.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: