Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My job makes it forcing me to get a flu shot

[re...]

Everything is fine, Remy. You haven't done anything wrong, no one has. Just a reminder that it's a hot button debate topic to start with....lets all just be patient and hear each other out and help the OP feel better  :thumbsup:

[46...]

Kiddo,

My intention is not to scare people into getting flu shots.  I shared my very personal experience of watching my son suffer from the flu to point out just how deadly the flu can be as a cautionary tale.  I also offered I had no ill effects from the 3 flu shots I've had during my withdrawal.  I, too, believe in our bodies innate ability to heal but it sure didn't in the case of my son the thousands of other people hospitalized for the flu every year.  I am grateful for the care the medical care my son received in the hospital.

As per PM, no, my son was not "at risk," for contacting the flu, ie diabetic or overweight.  On the contrary, he was a student-athlete when he caught the flu. 

Somewhere this thread turned anti-vaxxer.

i deeply care about people especially here that's why I advise against vaccines. i do believe that those of you who are pro vaccine do it with good intentions and a clean mind. i really respect that. my own kids have not been vaccinated. they are the 2 most healthy children I know, my daughter 4 and my son 2 do not get seriously sick ever. runny nose for couple days is the worst I have experienced. they have not seen antibiotics.

I do believe that vaccines compromise those young immune systems by turning them into overdrive. 

I don't want this to turn into a heated debate and I really wish you all well. But I feel i need to share important information.

Willdoit,

Thank you for the clarification and I'm certainly glad your son recovered from the flu. As I said previously, the flu can be very dangerous, and yes, even in healthy people that don't fall within the 'higher risk' category. However, people who do not get the flu shot are not destined to get the flu, nor end up in the hospital. That was my point about 'scaring' members.

Vanille - have you made any decisions about how you'll proceed with work?

[46...]

Kiddo1997,

👍🏼  You're welcome.  Sorry if my posts weren't more clearly written and included spelling errors; my brain was really struggling yesterday with cognitive issues making writing coherently on my iPhone with a water damaged screen and a keyboard on the fritz didn't help matters. 

Niners,

Please do share your research regarding the dangers of getting a flu shot.  I normally don't engage in these debates but this one is about the health and well being of others.  My beloved late grandfather caught the mumps as a child and lost his hearing which caused great difficulties in life.  My sister almost died from measles as a child and we both suffered terrible side effects from the chicken pox.  My son nearly died from the flu 3 years ago.  You don't see many cases of mumps, small pox, measles anymore.  Why?  Hmmmm.

Comparing ingesting benzos to getting vaccinated that's saved millions upon millions of lives all over the world?  I've done the research, too.  I assure you my husband and I were much better informed about vaccinating my children than these drugs.  I'm happy to link you to the research that supports the safety of vaccinations.

I'm probably going to get kicked out for making this comment, but it is worth that risk. Reba, a health care worker has a very difficult situation due to her job and the requirements for her to keep her job. I understand her concerns and fears. This has turned into a debate and I believe it is no comfort for Reba. Willdoit, you said that your son got the flu and was in the ICU for 4 days to recover. I have a question. Was he vaccinated? If so, how did that work? You say you have done your research but have you also read that just because you have the flu vaccine, there is absolutely no guarantee that you will not get the flu. Ask your doctor if he will sign and date a document with a guarantee that you won't have a bad reaction to the vaccine or get the flu. Don't be surprised by his reaction! Again, I question the ethics of the medical profession, who pledge to "do no harm" to the patient while prescribing bad drugs that injure and kill millions. The forcing of an employee to have something injected into their bodies without their consent is beyond unethical. Reba, I hope and pray that you will get a satisfactory resolution to this emotional crisis. I also hope that your recovery is just around the corner.

I guess I do not understand your fear of the flu shot.  I take one every year as I am older and have found it to be helpful in not contacting the flu and even helpful in not getting as many colds.  I just always take mine in Oct or Nov so that it will be active during the months more likely for flu season.  Also, I never take mine when I am running a fever or currently sick as I have found that to be a bad thing.  But otherwise, I have found taking the flu shot every year to be helpful to my well-being.

Had the flu twice in my life; stayed in bed for a couple of weeks and felt awful.

Would I consider having the flu shot? Not in a million years.

I would rather leave my profession than risk my health.

I've been getting a flu shot every fall for 20 years. I've never had any problem with them, in fact, I feel better knowing that I will not get the flu. Oh, did I mention, I haven't gotten the flu for 20 years?

This is not about whether a flu shot is dangerous or harmless.  It's about whether or not an individual has veto authority over what can be injected into his blood stream, or for that matter, into his childrens' blood streams.

• 4 weeks later...

I posted to this thread when it first started that I was declining the flu shot out of fear that it would rev up my symptoms. I was supposed to get it in October for work.

I ended up getting it a couple weeks ago at work and I haven't had any issues with symptoms increasing.

Just sharing my experience that it didn't cause any symptoms or side effects.

I am terrified of the flu and the vaccine

My pdoc himself said I don't like the flu shot or the flu. An infectious disease doc I went to said the same. He specialized in Cfs and fibro. For ppl w sensitive systems ( pre benzo) he said it can tip the immune system the wrong way.. For many this was the beginning of their chronic fatigue

I don't know the research but his name is dr John chia. He isn't anti vaccine

Neither am I

My whole family Got the flu shot

I can't. I am too much in acute.

Also years ago I got the h1n1 and my legs tingled and burned for 3 wks. I was pregnant and terrified.

Most ppl don't react

For years I didn't but that year I was vulnerable

My Cns has a long way to go to heal....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [so...]
    • [cr...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [ba...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [...]
    • [El...]