Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

new and need liquid taper plan pls!

[ge...]

Yes, 10mg+20ml PG+80ml water is 100ml of solution .1mg per ml

Its still about a 12 day supply.

Nothing changes, it's the same amount of ativan, just less liquid. 

Your taper schedule will now be:

.82mg (8.2ml)

.81mg (8.1ml)

.80mg (8.0ml)

.79mg (7.9m

.78mg (7.8ml)

.77mg (7.7ml)

etc, etc.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ge...]

• [bu...]

• [ho...]

• [bu...]

Thank you builder!  You have been so much of a help!!!

I dont have the pg until tomorrow, can i still do it with water for tonight?

It just sucks so bad when they dont have liquid ativan at my pharmacy :tickedoff:!!!

Builder, sorry i have been on .85mg since tuesday.

Today was full of withdrawals. Do you think i should stay on it for a week days?its been 7 days since i cut to .85mg from 1mg.

I was thinking starting to taper on to 8.4ml on wednesday.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Builder, sorry i have been on .85mg since tuesday.

Today was full of withdrawals. Do you think i should stay on it for a week days?its been 7 days since i cut to .85mg from 1mg.

I was thinking starting to taper on to 8.4ml on wednesday.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I think you should hold at 8.5 for a few more days.

Builder i read your post about daily tapering.

I am actually doing weekly tapering. Do you mind setting me up with a schedule? My pharmacist gave me one for dry taper but it backfired.

I would really appreciate it. I am currently taking 70ml from 80ml of liquid Ativan, thats 1/8th. Should i go slower?

Thank you so much! I am just so nervous about not getting the right achedule and messing up. I am.also on citalopram which i can to eventually taper too. But first lets drop ativan!

What is your current dose in MG.

What taper (cut) rate do you want to do?  (either in mg, or a %age)

i am desperate neeed of a taper plan. preferably titration. ive gotten different spreadsheets from various sources and dont know if i can trust them. as you can see by my signature the MASSIVE destruction ive put my body through in the past 11 months. so i want to go very slow, 5% a month. im on 2.5 klonapin currently. 1 mg tablets. the last spreadsheet i got was to use 600 ml water with alcohol (keep 100 ml for next dose batch) and reduce by 1 ml a day. i am on the fence about using alcohol because im a recovering alcoholic and my liver does not detoxify at full capacity, and im scared of using the pg because i the mthfr gene mutations where i cannot have folic acids and im not exactly sure what the pg is and how it would affect the mutations. ive searched many sites and groups and heard milk isnt a great option for klonapin. i know its supposed to be the full milk but does it really work for solubility and also how long can i keep it because i dont want to waste. i dose three times a day, 8 hours apart. if the milk doesnt keep for long how can i do this without constantly making doses and wasting. are the numbers correct on the last spread sheet with the 600 ml remove 100 for future use and reduce at 1 ml for 5% a month? what do you think about the milk does it work well with klonapin, how long do i need to dissolve it? what about the pg, how long do i have to dissolve it, somebody said 24 hours?? i desperately need some help here. i was playing on eyeballing my three doses to keep it simpler and blood levels stable. any and all suggestions would be helpful. i need a spreadsheet because brain not functioning correctly and need a guideline so i have the 600 ml one to go by. please help  :-[

"i am on the fence about using alcohol because im a recovering alcoholic and my liver does not detoxify at full capacity, and im scared of using the pg because i the mthfr gene mutations where i cannot have folic acids and im not exactly sure what the pg is and how it would affect the mutations. ive searched many sites and groups and heard milk isnt a great option for klonapin."

No offense but I am always amazed at the way folks who are dependent on a dangerous drug that is almost certainly causing both emotional and physical damage, will obsess about the "risks" of methods to withdraw.

The amount of alcohol or PG you will need is tiny, and will cause no problems (I am also a recovering alcoholic,  and if I had not had access to Rx valium, I would definitely done the vodka taper).  You will get more alcohol in a glass of fruit juice than you will need for your taper.  And PG is a widely used food/pharmaceutical/cosmetic additive that you are almost certainly using every day.  K does have greater solubility in PG than in alcohol.  Alcohol and PG are the most widely used solvents for both Rx and OTC liquid meds.  Both alcohol and PG are used as solvents for Rx liquid benzos.

At a ratio of 1mg to 2ml of vodka or PG, the max amount you would need to ingest would be 1ml/day (and that's actually .4ml of actual alcohol.)

Milk does have sufficient solubility (lipid soluble) to liquify your K.  And the "storage problems" are no different than for the milk you probably already keep at home. 

If you really don't want to use any of these proven methods to liquify, your doc can write you a scrip for a compounded clonazepam suspension.  There are several reasons why compounded are probably not as suitable as a actual solution, but many folks have successfully tapered off using compounded suspensions.

IMO, the risks of continuing to take a benzo ( and your really at a pretty high dose) significantly out weigh the "risks" associated with any given taper protocol.  Sadly, there are no "perfect" methods for tapering off of benzos, but most of the common "imperfect" methods are probably better than staying on your benzo.

Hi builder

I had a few more questions:

Can i keep the liquid ativan in the fridge or room temperature?

Do i shake the bottle before taking my dose? Because of suspension

Thank you so much

Hi builder

I had a few more questions:

Can i keep the liquid ativan in the fridge or room temperature?

Store at room temp, and protect from light.  Lower temps reduces solubility.

Do i shake the bottle before taking my dose? Because of suspension

It s solution, not a suspension.  Shaking shouldn't be necessary but it certainly isn't going to hurt.  (I always stirred mine before each use anyway.)

Thank you so much

Thank you builder much appreciated!

I had a question about escitalopram: my dr wants me to switch from citalopram to escitalopram (10mg). I have been on citalopram for 3 months now. Do you or anyone know if that would be better for anxiety?  Or is it better i taper off citalopram too? She wants me to be on it until april ( 9months)

Hi builder

I just put my 10mg of ativan in 20mg of pg and i noticed it takes time to melt. Should i have crushed it first and then put the pg in?

Just for the next dosage.

Thank you again

Do not confuse the breaking down ("melt") of the tablet with dissolving of the ativan.

Only a tiny percentage of the tablet is actually ativan, the rest isble fi inactive excipient ingredients, some of which will probably not be soluble.

Crushing the tablet first is probably not necessary, but it could be helpful.

Oh i see! Thank you builder, makes sense.

The ativan is more or less melted by the pg.

But.i just realized my 10ml syringe jumps 2ml so getting to 8.5ml is gonna be tough ( either 8.4 or 8.6ml!!) How can i do this?

Or do you know of any syringes i can buy online? ( free shipping to canada pls)

Oh i see! Thank you builder, makes sense.

The ativan is more or less melted by the pg.

Dissolved, not "melted".

But.i just realized my 10ml syringe jumps 2ml so getting to 8.5ml is gonna be tough ( either 8.4 or 8.6ml!!) How can i do this?

Read between the lines...the space between 8.4 and 8.6 is 8.5!  Or get a 1ml syringe. And one more time. consistency is more important than accuracy.

Or do you know of any syringes i can buy online? ( free shipping to canada pls)

Most pharmacies will give you 1ml and 10 syringes for free.  Also readily available from Amazon.

Its so hard to read between the lines! I think ill get one from the pharmacy.

I took 4ml then another 4ml then 2.5ish ml,basically three doses.

I just want to be precise as possible.

And the pg tastes awful!

Thank you again for all your help builder,i will keep consistency in mind rather than accuracy.

Hi builder

So i had insomnia yesterday

But i really want to get off Ativan. Can i go from 8.5 ml to 8 today? Would that be a good idea? I have been on it 4 months, would it affect me a lot?

Hi builder again

I asked a doctor about the potency of liquid ativan and shesaid she is not sure it will be good for 12 days. Just wanted to make sure, is that true?

The ativan will remain potent and stable for many weeks.  The ONLY threat to your liquid is contamination.  Its important to keep your utensils and containers as clean as possible. 

FWI, Rx liquid benzos, which are formulations of benzo, water, and either alcohol or PG, have a shelf life of 3 years.

Quit worrying!!

Hi Builder,

This is crucial: do I have to take the dose AT THE SAME TIME every single day? I sleep around 11pm, sometimes I take it at 9 or later.

Please let me know if this will affect me

thanks

Hi builder

I am trying my best to quit worrying.

So the timing wont affect me? I thought you needed to take them at specific time so they stay balanced in your body.

How have you been taking it.  There is no need to do your taper any differently than you did your regular dosing. 

When you take it isn't really going to make much difference in how your respond.  If you find that a particular dosing schedule actually does cause problems, then just change it.  No big deal.

One more time...consitency is (much) more important than accuracy.

• 1 month later...

"i am on the fence about using alcohol because im a recovering alcoholic and my liver does not detoxify at full capacity, and im scared of using the pg because i the mthfr gene mutations where i cannot have folic acids and im not exactly sure what the pg is and how it would affect the mutations. ive searched many sites and groups and heard milk isnt a great option for klonapin."

No offense but I am always amazed at the way folks who are dependent on a dangerous drug that is almost certainly causing both emotional and physical damage, will obsess about the "risks" of methods to withdraw.

The amount of alcohol or PG you will need is tiny, and will cause no problems (I am also a recovering alcoholic,  and if I had not had access to Rx valium, I would definitely done the vodka taper).  You will get more alcohol in a glass of fruit juice than you will need for your taper.  And PG is a widely used food/pharmaceutical/cosmetic additive that you are almost certainly using every day.  K does have greater solubility in PG than in alcohol.  Alcohol and PG are the most widely used solvents for both Rx and OTC liquid meds.  Both alcohol and PG are used as solvents for Rx liquid benzos.

At a ratio of 1mg to 2ml of vodka or PG, the max amount you would need to ingest would be 1ml/day (and that's actually .4ml of actual alcohol.)

Milk does have sufficient solubility (lipid soluble) to liquify your K.  And the "storage problems" are no different than for the milk you probably already keep at home. 

If you really don't want to use any of these proven methods to liquify, your doc can write you a scrip for a compounded clonazepam suspension.  There are several reasons why compounded are probably not as suitable as a actual solution, but many folks have successfully tapered off using compounded suspensions.

IMO, the risks of continuing to take a benzo ( and your really at a pretty high dose) significantly out weigh the "risks" associated with any given taper protocol.  Sadly, there are no "perfect" methods for tapering off of benzos, but most of the common "imperfect" methods are probably better than staying on your benzo.

in response to builders post: i am on the fence about using alcohol because im a recovering alcoholic and my liver does not detoxify at full capacity, and im scared of using the pg because i the mthfr gene mutations where i cannot have folic acids and im not exactly sure what the pg is and how it would affect the mutations. ive searched many sites and groups and heard milk isnt a great option for klonapin."

IMO, the risks of continuing to take a benzo ( and your really at a pretty high dose) significantly out weigh the "risks" associated with any given taper protocol.  Sadly, there are no "perfect" methods for tapering off of benzos, but most of the common "imperfect" methods are probably better than staying on your benzo. my response is this: in response to my quote on top of your comment, i by no means think alcohol is going to send me off to the drunk train again however with my being heterogenous to both mthfr gene mutations, my liver does not detoxify at full capacity and i have a VERY STRONG REACTION TO ALCOHOL besides that im an alcoholic and because of the gene mutations. and as far as the pg, it turns into lactic acid in your body, with these gene mutations i could have lactic acid toxicity already i dont know. if i put something with pg on my skin it burns like fire. with these gene mutations it throws in whole other issues i have to deal with it. as far as the milk, it has to be prepared daily and my husband has to do it for me and he does have a life and sometimes theres day i do not see him at all. and i have to dose from my bed in the morning as i can barely walk. so all options i have issues. alcohol in fruit juice? thats what we are giving are children these days? interesting i just looked at my cranberry apple juice i didnt see alcohol listed on it. and also i cannot get liquid k bc my doctor cut my off of my k im getting it through another source. and when i called the pharmacy to ask exactly what pg is they didnt even know what it was so that was encouraging. but whatever i guess im just screwed. thanks  :thumbsup: