Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Paradoxical to kolonopin/ what do you do? HELP ME!!!!!!

[Pl...]

If this is a failed reinstatement which it is .... Can I just cold turkey...... was gonna try pills one last time instead of the liquid.... My heart feels like its gonna give out... Can't stop rocking back and forth and pacing..... been like this for months and months and months ..i. M gonna die

If it were me, I would try the pills instead of the liquid before I considered a CT...CTs are brutal and there is no guarantee that you will be better afterwards, even if you are paradoxical to the K. You said you've been like this for months...does the Akathesia coincide with the switch to liquid? Is your doctor benzo-wise, can he/she give advice or help in any way? Again, I'm not a doctor or medical professional, just trying to help out a friend.

If this is a failed reinstatement which it is .... Can I just cold turkey...... was gonna try pills one last time instead of the liquid.... My heart feels like its gonna give out... Can't stop rocking back and forth and pacing..... been like this for months and months and months ..i. M gonna die

If it were me, I would try the pills instead of the liquid before I considered a CT...CTs are brutal and there is no guarantee that you will be better afterwards, even if you are paradoxical to the K. You said you've been like this for months...does the Akathesia coincide with the switch to liquid? Is your doctor benzo-wise, can he/she give advice or help in any way? Again, I'm not a doctor or medical professional, just trying to help out a friend.

Thank you left,    The akasthesia is leftover from my ativan withdrawal but worse taking kolonopin.... I feel I am in a full blown ct already and suffering bad side effects but I understand what your saying..... I am going to try to go back to pills in the next few days or so..... I hope it doesn't feel like an updose or anything.... Did you have that experience where it felt like an updose? I hope not.....

I took some l theanine.... Anything...... I'm afraid of the beta blocker inderal because it acts on the vestibular system ..... I haven't tried that yet...... Have alot of other things going on.... Need relief desperately...

Please...I feel your pain and I know exactly what you are going through.

I am not going to be a whole lot of help since I am in my own torture but I wanted to tell you that I had the same thing happen when I was on Kpin

I would take it and would feel worse!!!???  it was very scarey

you can read my torrid tail in my PG or BB but I am kindled also and its really bad now

I have been to more drs then I can count and am being convinced that this may not be all w/d but possible Lyme???

My dizziness and head feelings are horrid (feels as if my brain is swollen)...I never feel good anymore...never

so I never went to LT because any small change throws me into worse symptoms...I must always have TEVA brand even  I am scared of taking anything new also

if you want to PM me I am here...I will say going to Valium helped at 1st but the lower I go the worse I feel...I just don't get the feeling I did on Kpin which was paradoxal.

I see you are a believer in Christ also...we can pray for one another

Peace be upon us

Pleasebehere,

'Hi liberty....I'm paradoxical in that it overly sedates my mind like a zombie but my body is in complete overdrive.... There is no calmness ever.... It is pure hell...'

Trying to make sense of that ...  I've been on both drugs.

Just going to throw out an idea ... antipsychotics, or to be precise neuroleptics, can 'calm' the mind but cause akathisia/physical restlessness/some kind of distress. I don't know if your situation is somehow similar.

I know clonazepam can have an effect on dopamine. When I once switched to diazepam I experienced akathisia ! I seem to be having some dopamine/achetylcholine disruption that I didn't have before the lorazepam.

I can see how through several mechanisms going from lorazepam to clonazepam or just being on clonazepam could do this. It seems to me it's neurological.

While you could try adding a drug, but usually when you experience this type of reaction it's best to remove the offending drug. How to do that, is a different matter altogether.

Thank you left,    The akasthesia is leftover from my ativan withdrawal but worse taking kolonopin.... I feel I am in a full blown ct already and suffering bad side effects but I understand what your saying..... I am going to try to go back to pills in the next few days or so..... I hope it doesn't feel like an updose or anything.... Did you have that experience where it felt like an updose? I hope not.....

I took some l theanine.... Anything...... I'm afraid of the beta blocker inderal because it acts on the vestibular system ..... I haven't tried that yet...... Have alot of other things going on.... Need relief desperately...

Please, I didn't have any trouble switching back to all pills. For me, it did not feel like an updose. I held for 2 months after to re-stabilize  before I started cutting again.

I've seen people post about l-theanine, but I don't know exactly what it is. I suggest that you not change any other medications or supplements when you revert to all pills. You can then better determine if any improvements are a direct result of switching back to pills.

You're in my thoughts and prayers , Left  :smitten: