Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What movie is this line from?

[...]

Claude Rains was to die for

Do you remember him in 'Now Voyager'. Bette Davis, who has a face like the back of a bus, has gone nuts because of her evil, nasty mum, ( O.M.G. This movie is ME ). Anyway Rains as a lovely shrink turns up during one of Bette's major wobblies and carts her off to a fabulous 'Rest Home'. She not only gets sane, she also gets gorgeous, takes a cruise, goes home,tells mum off ,mum has a heart attack and dies. Bette gets oodles of money,has a very minor wobbly which is cool because we get to see more of our hero' Claude Rains.

'She had it coming' /line from a musical

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ce...]

• [Sh...]

• [so...]

• [wa...]

Will you stop it already, with these gorgeous manly men.

'Medication Boys'

Can't help it Rabbit...there's SO many out there.... ;)

Is this a movie line or is it a guess to the clue??... :)

Liam Neeson in Rob Roy.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Dr. Strangelove.

You and I must like the same movies Cece. I wasn't sure anyone would get the Rob Roy line. I love that movie, Tim Roth was fantastic.

And you knew about the fiendish thingy too!

Will you stop it already, with these gorgeous manly men.

'Medication Boys'

That's great, Rabbit!...Nurse Ratchet.....medication time....medication time....  :o

"I am big! It's the pictures that got small."

Anything that Bette Davis did was good. What a Dame.

'Karen and I are wearing long underwear'

With Celeste Holm in the back of a very cold car.

'All About Eve'

Gone With The Wind

"What a dump!"

"What a Dump" was said in 3 different movies of note.

"Beyond the Forest" - Betty Davis

"Dead Ringer - Betty Davis

"Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" - Elizabeth Taylor

Anything that Bette Davis did was good. What a Dame.

'Karen and I are wearing long underwear'

With Celeste Holm in the back of a very cold car.

'All About Eve'

That's gotta be one of the best lines in movie history, Rabbit! I love it when she totally comes clean in that scene....so humble. She was an amazing actress.

I didn't know my clue was so obvious! ... :laugh:...and popular! ... :D :D :D

"Dead Ringer - Betty Davis is the one I had in mind.

I think she's is Mel Gibson in Hacksaw Ridge??

In case I'm right next clue:  "Bring out yer dead. Bring out yer dead. Bring out yer dead...."

If I'm wrong please disregard... :)

YES you are correct ma'am.  Hacksaw Ridge.  Just saw this movie.  I thought it was outstanding.  It renews your faith in someone doing the right thing and having convictions even when the whole world is going mad.

XX

She

Here's an interesting thing about "Dead Ringer'. Years ago down in L.A. I was looking for somewhere to park the family siamese for three weeks while we shuffled off to England. Someone in the 'Industry' recommended 'Konnie's Kitty Kastle'. Upon arrival at the 'Kastle' I had to snicker, because the first thing you saw was a large pink plastic cat, sitting on the top of a fake post. Things got even weirder when I met Konnie. She was a dead ringer for Bette Davis, blond bob and the works.It turned out that Konnie had been Bette's double in many movies including 'Dead Ringer'. She showed me her photo album of them playing nice together. L.O.L. I swear everyone knows everyone in Hollywood. Another L.O.L. Accommodation for the cats went by how 'Big' you were in the industry. We got middle of the road for Sang, and that was only because I threw in the D.Ds name to impress.

The Williamsburg Story.

YES you are correct ma'am.  Hacksaw Ridge.  Just saw this movie.  I thought it was outstanding.  It renews your faith in someone doing the right thing and having convictions even when the whole world is going mad.

XX

She

Sure does, She...True stories are my fave in the movie department. And Mel Gibson is a fine director in this, as he is with any movies he directs/stars in. You know how the directors and well known actors just seem to put the quality in any movie??  He's one of those. IMO, of course!... :)

Rabbit...you are such an interesting woman....you could write a book!

Just a reminder of the last clue:

"Bring out yer dead. Bring out yer dead. Bring out yer dead...."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

And yes I agree Mel Gibson did an outstanding job on Hacksaw Ridge.  The lead actor Andrew Garfield did also and hope there are Oscar nominations forthcoming for the director, picture and actors.

• 2 weeks later...