Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I am drowning in despair

[Be...]

I'm OK thanks. I finally contacted my colleagues in work and explained to them what exactly had happened to me. They have been unanimously supportive, and outraged.

All of them think I can get work there again when I'm better. I have felt the first stirring of hope in many, many months.

Last weekend was probably my lowest point in this whole saga. I'm glad I made it through.

I was inspired to reach out to my colleagues after talking to this guy

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/bad-side-effects-of-drugs-such-as-valium-a-medical-disaster-1.2824495

He promised me that life could be worth living again.

I now need to think about tapering. I needed something to aim for. Not just getting well to be an unemployed guy in his mid 40s. I need to square up to this bastard again, and beat it.

Belfast. I have been thinking of you and your family and wondering if you had the meeting and if it was helpful.

That first glimmer of hope is a really good sign. Hold onto the feeling and go to it, the small glimmer of hope, when things seem hopeless. Give yourself huge kudos for leaving your job on your terms, instead of hanging on until you were fired. You did the really smart thing there.

I am here for you as we all are.

Awesome Belfast. So glad you talked to your co-workers and got the support you needed. And you spoke directly to Shane Kenny - the guy in the news article as well? How cool.

Time to get rolling on your taper. You're going to kick this poison in the ass, and then get back out there as a journalist and make a mighty roar. You're not going to be a benzo statistic, but a benzo destroyer.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ne...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [...]
    • [Re...]
    • [sh...]
    • [ha...]
    • [fe...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [...]