Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Doctor's appointment from hell !!!!!! HELP !!!!!!!

[To...]

Any chance your doc would take a look at the Ashton schedule for Valium and prescribe according to that? You could take all your other benzos to the doc and give them back to them for disposal as a gesture of your willpower and intent to quit. Valium did make me sleepy in the beginning but once I started cutting, that went away. You can avoid that entirely by taking your full dose at night.

Just forget it !!!      :brickwall:

Yeah sure she knows all about the Ashton Manual I guess that's why she wants me to do a 50 % cut to start with.      :brickwall:

Thanks for your reply but I'm NOT taking ANYTHING back to that doctor after she been treating and distrusting and disbelieving me like a junky and a drug seeker. She gave me few enough prescriptions as it is already. I payed good money for these drugs and the only problem here is that she should have prescribed me some Valium too so I could chose to still do a taper. Even if I would bring them back in, WHICH WON'T HAPPEN IN A TRILLION YEARS !!!!!!, then what do I get back for it ?? A small box of 25 5 mg Valium pills ? She already only prescribed me for about 7 weeks. If I turn these meds back in and it goes wrong with the small amount of Valium she will prescribe me I don't even have a rescue dose to take. Not turning in anything !!!!!      :tickedoff:

I knew it this morning when I was getting out of bed. I was thinking she's (my doctor) going to ask me to turn in my meds and sure enough you are asking me to do it on this forum which I also knew but it won't happen. I'm not going to pay for the Valium on top of the other meds I got prescribed. These doctors think I have money to waste on all these bull shit meds !!? I'm going to have a hard time getting by as it is with my meds already without turning shit back in.    :tickedoff:

NOT TURNING BACK IN ANYTHING !!!!!!!!!           :tickedoff:

:laugh:  You must have stroke a wrong key there but thanks anyway.      :thumbsup:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [To...]

• [be...]

• [Ce...]

• [br...]

Top Posters In This Topic

can you just go and see a doctor that doesn't know you? For "a huge family problem" that needs the pill you need to handle it?

To get my stuff I lied to doctors in a way that closed the door to heaven for me. All I wanted was the prescription so that I could taper the way I did it. I saw different doctors for that...

can you just go and see a doctor that doesn't know you? For "a huge family problem" that needs the pill you need to handle it?

To get my stuff I lied to doctors in a way that closed the door to heaven for me. All I wanted was the prescription so that I could taper the way I did it. I saw different doctors for that...

That wouldn't even be a lie either ! That's exactly how my situation is, why do you think I relapsed ? Because I was having fun in my current family and domestic situation ... ?? I was on 4 mg, almost done ...

"A huge family problem ..." I like it.    :laugh:

I think you deserve winning an Oscar for this !!!    :laugh:

That's exactly what I'm going to do, the only good thing about these doctors is that there are more than enough and if communication with the current one fails (from her end not mine that is) maybe it's time to MOVE ON.    8)

Life saver advice.      8)

:thumbsup:

That wouldn't even be a lie either ! That's exactly how my situation is, why do you think I relapsed ? Because I was having fun in my current family and domestic situation ... ?? I was on 4 mg, almost done ...

That's exactly what I'm going to do, the only good thing about these doctors is that there are more than enough and if communication with the current one fails (from her end not mine that is) maybe it's time to MOVE ON.    8)

Hahaha!! Yeah! I hate it to lie. I hate it to manipulate. But stupid doctors LOVE to be manipulated. Just be what they want you to be: A little child, big eyes, and in front of a god in white! who knows the solution!!

"I heard about Valium but I don't know if that can help.. I am just a normal person, and have no idea from medicine.."

After each time I had the wish to eat soap to get my mouth clean again... :tickedoff:

Hahaha!! Yeah! I hate it to lie. I hate it to manipulate. But stupid doctors LOVE to be manipulated. Just be what they want you to be: A little child, big eyes, and in front of a god in white! who knows the solution!!

"I heard about Valium but I don't know if that can help.. I am just a normal person, and have no idea from medicine.."

After each time I had the wish to eat soap to get my mouth clean again... :tickedoff:

:laugh:  This stuff is good.

"I heard Valium might be a good idea to switch to or even Klonopine. I'm clueless and don't know about any of these meds ... but I read it on the internet ... " 

I won't even mention I've been off for 3 years !!! This is my first taper and and I've been on 10 mg of Xanax a day for 20 years ... ".

"Can I try with Valium ??" I just want to get off ...    :2funny:

:clap:

:)  Am I getting better ? This is quite new to me ...

don't tell them you read things in the internet. Then he knows you are doing research. Don't forget: You are a stupid patient. You are unable to read or think!!!

So change it into: "... a doctor I saw last year told me about Valium to taper, but I did not understand him, it was too complicated.. but yesterday that came into my mind again. Could you explain it in more simple words to me?"

Got it?

(don't forget the soap!)

don't tell them you read things in the internet. Then he knows you are doing research. Don't forget: You are a stupid patient. You are unable to read or think!!!

So change it into: "... a doctor I saw last year told me about Valium to taper, but I did not understand him, it was too complicated.. but yesterday that came into my mind again. Could you explain it in more simple words to me?"

Got it?

(don't forget the soap!)

:laugh:  Oh My Gosh you're the best teacher anyone can get ...

YOU'RE SO GOOD !!!!!!      :2funny:

This is a heads up guys,  I know its frustrating for you, I get that!  You are allowed to discuss your personal experiences,  but I think this thread is drifting into doctor-bashing, which is against forum guidelines:

Anti-doctor, Anti-psychiatrist and Anti-medicine Comments

Many of our members report negative experiences with doctors, psychiatrists, the pharmaceutical industry, health regulators, or the medical profession as a whole. While we do not wish to outlaw comments about how members feel let down and mistreated in their personal medical care, you must keep your feelings and comments in perspective.

Thanks

Magrita

This is a heads up guys,  I know its frustrating for you, I get that!  You are allowed to discuss your personal experiences,  but I think this thread is drifting into doctor-bashing, which is against forum guidelines:

Anti-doctor, Anti-psychiatrist and Anti-medicine Comments

Many of our members report negative experiences with doctors, psychiatrists, the pharmaceutical industry, health regulators, or the medical profession as a whole. While we do not wish to outlaw comments about how members feel let down and mistreated in their personal medical care, you must keep your feelings and comments in perspective.

Thanks

Magrita

:brickwall:

Yes but you leave out the most important part of the sentence and the rule :

While we do not wish to outlaw comments about how members feel let down and mistreated in their personal medical care

This actually says we can express our opinions and feelings about doctors and it's allowed to do so. What the rule really doesn't include is that we shouldn't or can't call our doctors names ... like being "stupid". I think it should be added to the rule because "keeping things in perspective" seems pretty very vague to me ... " The rule tends more to allowing us to express our feelings and opinions. Make no mistake though. I do hear and understand where you're coming from but some doctors are "stupid". People are being mislead, abused and mistreated and apparently we can't say anything about it.      :-\

And how are we supposed to express our personal opinions and feelings with mal physicians and mal practice if we just can't say how it really is. Anyways seems like we will have to do our utter best to not cross the line you were talking about.      :( 

:-[  Actually the rule is an oxymoron.

I'm lucky and have a good doctor. Never had a need to manipulate or to lie. But, I wouldn't anyway because if I was honest with myself I'd feel I was only manipulating or lying to myself. Fact is, I'm not a very good liar anyway. Happy I don't need to be. B

I'm lucky and have a good doctor. Never had a need to manipulate or to lie. But, I wouldn't anyway because if I was honest with myself I'd feel I was only manipulating or lying to myself. Fact is, I'm not a very good liar anyway. Happy I don't need to be. B

Well ... I never did it before. I've always been straight forward and honest as can be getting into EACH single detail with my doctor. Also I've been a Christian for most of my life and it's against my believe to lie to anyone so I just won't do it and I highly doubt I could actually pull it off. As for manipulating that one is definitely out of the question too. But guess what ? Playing honest with these kind of people only backfired for me and you have to come up with something. This whole ordeal and problem got me thinking and marigold is definitely on to something here. That's why I let her train me but I highly doubt I will be able to pull it off. I would have to act REALLY stupid in front of those doctors and I don't even think I could if I tried ...    :laugh:

I think that's good TR. But I think if you were honest with a doctor and said. Look I'm all messed up with these bloody pills. Please help me straighten it out without my having to suffer so much you might be surprised. There are doctors willing to help. Trick is to try and remain calm. It's awfully hard but a better visit is more likely. Even if you end up in tears that's ok. But when we get kind of out of control and don't make sense doctors often don't know quite how to react either. Try to look at a doctor as a real human being. With problems of their own. Sick kids, divorces etc. They have a multitude of problems as well so if you explain your problems coherently they often respond very favourably. They identify better. Get what I'm saying?  :smitten: B

I think that's good TR. But I think if you were honest with a doctor and said. Look I'm all messed up with these bloody pills. Please help me straighten it out without my having to suffer so much you might be surprised. There are doctors willing to help. Trick is to try and remain calm. It's awfully hard but a better visit is more likely. Even if you end up in tears that's ok. But when we get kind of out of control and don't make sense doctors often don't know quite how to react either. Try to look at a doctor as a real human being. With problems of their own. Sick kids, divorces etc. They have a multitude of problems as well so if you explain your problems coherently they often respond very favourably. They identify better. Get what I'm saying?  :smitten: B

:laugh:  Do you mean I have to act like a sick puppy in order to get help ?      :(

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is so right on....problem I have is staying calm enough to get my point across, I think I have too much respect for these guys, or something....

No TR. Don't misread stuff. Act like a human being with a benzo problem who needs help. We all have our emotions. Just try to share them realistically with a doctor. Lol if you want to be a sick puppy go the vet. Seriously, just be yourself. Maybe write down what you believe your needs are ahead of time. Take this with you. I often write down a list before a doctors appointment. Saves some confusion when I get there and end up tongue tied. B

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is so right on....problem I have is staying calm enough to get my point across, I think I have too much respect for these guys, or something....

Yes barb but you know how it went down for me on this appointment. That's what this whole thread has been about. What's in bold above and what you just wrote is exactly what I did and it backfired. Giving me the impression I was a liar and a drug seeker !!!!!!      :tickedoff:

No TR. Don't misread stuff. Act like a human being with a benzo problem who needs help. We all have our emotions. Just try to share them realistically with a doctor. Lol if you want to be a sick puppy go the vet. Seriously, just be yourself. Maybe write down what you believe your needs are ahead of time. Take this with you. I often write down a list before a doctors appointment. Saves some confusion when I get there and end up tongue tied. B

No barb I was asking you the question if I had to act like a sick little puppy in order to get help. I didn't say I ever would. I always been realistic and acting human with my doctor and it backfired. I think Marigold1 is the only one here that has actually come up with a decent solution to this problem and being honest with my doctors only backfired. She didn't even give me the time to explain anything on my last visit.

TR, being a Christian I was wondering if you've prayed for your doctors/care givers BEFORE you see them? I do and ask the Lord to give them wisdom etc. for me and their other patients.

TR, being a Christian I was wondering if you've prayed for your doctors/care givers BEFORE you see them? I do and ask the Lord to give them wisdom etc. for me and their other patients.

For this one yes I did. But most of the time I don't because strangely enough most of the time these appointments or whatever turn out a 1000 times better when I don't pray before going out there and I shouldn't have prayed. It's like God just don't want me to constantly ask Him for help and bother the angels with my every day life so I just leave these beings alone most of the time. I mean think about it. Would you like it if your little one would constantly ask you about every mondaine thing or task he has to do or take care of ? It would drive you literally nuts !!!!! God is not an employee or handyman ... and I don't want to bother Him too much. I want to live a natural live without the constant chit chat between me and God in my head.