Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

No permanent damage (I'm living proof)

[Mi...]

A few of those success stories are from people who don't claim to be fully healed, but who are happy now with their lingering symptoms.  Most people do heal completely though.  My nabe was on benzo's for a year, went to detox, got off them in about a week and had no symptoms at all, she told me.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Be...]

• [sa...]

• [...]

[86...]

Most people do heal completely though.

Not just that, I've heard time and time again that once withdrawal passes, the underlying issue that it was prescribed for is either gone or a lot better.

Makes sense since my anxiety and depersonalization, despite being absolutely horrendous pre-benzo, are absolutely nothing compared to what I'm experiencing right now.

:) It's really refreshing to hear positive comments!! This is really hard as we all know. I just want to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Everytime I read negative post, my anxiety rev's up. Hey, I know this is what it is. But a little encouragement goes a looong way.  Thanks

Don't want to rain on your parade, Milkyway... I'm really happy for you..but IMO, you're living proof that YOU are fortunate to not have brain damage.....I don't believe that benzo damage is a "one-size fits all".....I think it's a crap-shoot....some are fortunate, while others are not......but that's just my two cents based on MY personal experience and current severe sickness, suffering and disability that I am still  plagued with, which continues to worsen after a 14 month taper and 33 months benzo-free.