Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

acute phase doesn't really exist...

[km...]

This is one of the reasons why it would be very helpful to have more concrete definitions for some of these terms. To me acute basically means a period of time where symptoms peak. It can be mild, severe, non-existent or anywhere in between and it generally happens within a few days to a few months after last dose. My acute period started around 8-10 weeks off and lasted a month or two. That was when my symptoms were at their worst. But everyone is different.

Don't forget Grandma, about Ohio.

lol. What about Ohio Bets?

I believe I read an earlier post on yours that you said you live in the Cleveland area. So me and Heaven1 were thinking of forming a face to face group.

I believe I read an earlier post on yours that you said you live in the Cleveland area. So me and Heaven1 were thinking of forming a face to face group.

I would absolutely love to be in your group. However we moved from Ohio to Texas a few years ago. Read on Facebook that there is one in Austin but that's not close enough for me. I wish you well on your group in Ohio! Sure wish I was there!

I actually think there might be truth to this my doctor is a kind soul, but not necessarily benzo wise. Just someone willing to listen to her patients. She read (or maybe just skimmed) the Ashton Manual when I gave it to her and came up with a taper plan that was pretty close to what's in the manual, but turned out to be very aggressive for me. As a consequence I had a fairly rocky taper and at the end had symptoms I would term fairly acute. In other words the worst symptoms came at the very end and they were really bad. I reinstated fairly quickly and started a slowly MT that was fairly uneventful until a couple of weeks ago.

So I would believe that, in spite of all the good work Ashton did, that she wasn't careful enough with some long term patients. My taper was pretty close to by the book Ashton and I suffered. I'm hoping and praying that by listening to my body more this time and tapering slowly I can avoid what happened in 2014. Should I be hopeful or not?

I think the acute means an increase in symptoms levels, but it doesn't always mean that this increase will be huge, compared to earlier waves during the taper.

On Day 13 today, some surges yesterday which I didn't have during the "smooth" part of the taper till 1.5 mg, but not as bad as the phase between 1mg and the jump.

But compared to the first 2 days after the jump, which were almost euphoric, and days 9-11 without surges, there is a difference.

PS. Edit: Also Day 14 is when according to Ashton the acute phase peaks, let's see how that goes.

I would absolutely love to be in your group. However we moved from Ohio to Texas a few years ago. Read on Facebook that there is one in Austin but that's not close enough for me. I wish you well on your group in Ohio! Sure wish I was there!

Maybe one will come up. So far, there are only two of us. I just don't know how many ppl on BB live in Ohio......