Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Where is the best place to go for benzo recovery?

[Ti...]

[0c...]
If you have 25000 dollars per month you could try ATMC. Or, an idea I had was to go to a tropical paradise (Jamaica) for a while and recover there. That didn't really work out. Tropical paradises aren't really paradises once you'Re living there, especially if in benzo w/d. Really home is the best place to recover. ..

I'm sorry your in this mess.  I was there myself.  Like most people will agree to, the best method is a slow steady taper .  unfortunately some people cannot do this because they can't do this them selves what ever the reason may be.  I was one of those people.  I needed help to get off.  If you have medical insurance you have lots of options.  I went to a place called hotel California by the Sea, in New port beach California.  I live. In nebraska but went there for help as I couldn't find anything around here where any doctors knew what they were talking about.  It is a very good place.  I did a 15 days detox in And they program is very good.  Did 90 days there.  And the Huntington memorial hospital in Pasadena California, then continued another 14 days detox at hotel California by the Sea.  The environment is very good for healing.  Just thought I'd share my experience. 

I'm sorry your in this mess.  I was there myself.  Like most people will agree to, the best method is a slow steady taper .  unfortunately some people cannot do this because they can't do this them selves what ever the reason may be.  I was one of those people.  I needed help to get off.  If you have medical insurance you have lots of options.  I went to a place called hotel California by the Sea, in New port beach California.  I live. In nebraska but went there for help as I couldn't find anything around here where any doctors knew what they were talking about.  It is a very good place.  I did a 15 days detox in And they program is very good.  Did 90 days there.  And the Huntington memorial hospital in Pasadena California, then continued another 14 days detox at hotel California by the Sea.  The environment is very good for healing.  Just thought I'd share my experience.

Do you know what that program would cost out of pocket?  It sounds like a great program...Do they do an accelerated Ashton then follow your progress as an outpatient?  It sounds fast.  I would be interested in hearing more about benzo friendly but realistic programs, if they actually exist!  Thanks

My parents' basement, lights off, air conditioning blasting... 😜

Try to laugh. It helps.

Benzo recovery really lacks in actual establishments. You're safe with your mom. And, in time, you'll recover.

Help your cns along with some almond milk, salmon, walnuts, seeds, berries, leafy greens. I know time is the only healer, but proper nutrition helps the body heal from everything.

Timmy-  my post was a bit heated, and I apologize; but, it truly came from a place of suffering and experience.  Perhaps there are good places with doctors, such as the detox place mentioned above... But do not go to a pych unit!  They encouraged me to go back on a benzo and wanted me to stay there until I started sleeping normally.  If my family and I hadn't fought to get me out of there, I would have been stuck for who knows how long.  I was forced to participate in meetings like I was a drug addict, forced to take all of my pills of which the doses were way too high, forced to have my arm ripped out to have blood drawn at 7am when I had just finally fallen asleep, and was only allowed outside in a cage for fresh air twice a day for 5 minutes.  I won't even talk about the room or the lounge area.  I only stayed one night and it was horrible.  I met people who had been there for many weeks.  Like you, all I wanted was a place that could get me stable and take care of me.  For me, the only place is home.  I did take meds the first 6 months to prevent suicide, and perhaps that is just you need. Anyway, good luck.  I know how miserable this journey is.  I still can't believe this has happened to me. 

Well the program at hotel California by the Sea was exspensive.  Like $30,000 to $50,000 a month depending on your negotiating skills upon entering.  They were not a benzo friendly place in terms of giving you forever to detox.  I did 15 days at Huntington memorial hospital in Pasadena, then went to HCBTS and did an additional 14 days of tapering until being off.  3 days total. These places don't let you detox forever because they have to Bill your insurance, and your insurance won't pay for extended devices that go on for months.  There is a place in Colorado though that is benzo friendly and has you do a slow taper.  When you leave there you are still tapering yourself as you go back to.e for the next ........how ever long.  I just didn't see the point.  I needed off of them.  They were killing me.  I met a lot of people through the program who medically detoxed off benzo and recovered quickly afterwards ( like 6 months time) in fact, almost everybody I knew that had gotten off benzos recovered quickly except me, but I had horrible withdrawal symptoms in tolerance going in and was a very rare case..  the things that people like me and many others on this site that are going through,  (the ringer)  for extended periods, such as me at 17 months, are the minority.  So don't feel like you will be sick forever if you stop benzo.  Most people aren't and they move on fairly quickly.  All you see is people on this site talking about their issues, so that's all you know.  It can instill fear into you and keep you from getting off of the benzo.  It sure did me.  That's why I stayed on them longer than I should have.  But the people on this site are just a small fraction of the people who have taken benzos and moved on with their lives after stopping them.  Don't let this site scare you into thinking the worst.  This site is a great place to get advice and find people to relate to your symptoms and let you know that there is hope and your not going crazy if you are at witts end and feeling hopeless.  This site both saved my life and harmed me in terms of making me afraid to stop the benzos.  I would have stopped them much sooner and probably would have less damage that they caused me by staying on them so long in tolerance withdrawal if I wouldn't have been so scared by what I read on here about getting off of them.  But, if it wasn't for this site, I probably never would have found out that I was in tolerance withdrawal and maybe I would have died from taking these things.  No doctor could help me not had the knowledge that I found on this site.  So if you need off of these benzos, then get off of them.  Things will work out and your life will move on.  You'll be glad you did.  The shorter time you are on them, the better.

Timmy I said this before, actually when you were talking about tapering I don't know if that was ur recent relapse or the one before that. It is hard to remember. It is the one where the doctor told you that you have anxiety and wanted you to start taking it. so you did.

This is something that I would never post in this forum for any other pI would never to try to give you any medical advice. maybe consider taking a break for a while and you go the K.  to go on maybe 6 months or longer.BTW I mean under a doctors care. I am not a doctor so that is who you have to work with.  Please know that I'm giving you this advice with you because I want you to succeed. You have in the cycle for such a long time of using, quitting and then using again. You cannot get through the quitting so go a different route this time.

Once you have your life totally stabilized then find a reason to quit. It is very very hard to quit. you need to really want it. Find a psychiatrist, go to NA and get a face to face with other people who have or are going through it. This is incredible tough to do. You have to want it. I kind of think you may believe you want it, but I'm not sure. you really do.

So everyone reading this especially if you are a new BB, I don't go around telling ppl to get back on benzos, you kind of had to be here to understand, you don't reinstate every for any reason.

Timmy I so badly want you to succeed. Maybe try to change the cycle.