Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I really need help now

[Ma...]

You're probably two weeks away from getting through the worst of Acute.  After that, it'll be easier to maintain a semblance of sanity.  Just take it minute by minute, hour by hour.  Get through the next two weeks and you'll be able to cope much better.  Just hang in there!

Thank you.  But I am at the end of my rope. I cannot do anything else.

MaricopaMom,

I think it is important at this point to get some on the ground help. There is only so much we can do as a online forum to help you right now.  Is your doctor aware of how you are feeling, and at the "end of your rope"?  You have something to live for and that is recovery. I know firsthand how terrifying this process can be. I went through a horrific CT withdrawal, but I got better, and you will as well.  I think you need face to face help right now. Here are some resources.

Suicide, Self-harm Resources

edit: quote content

Hello, I'm so sorry about what you are feeling, and I can 100% relate. I am 36 and was put on a z drug for insomnia due to undiagnosed hyperthyroidism. Eventually I got a diagnosis and my sleep started to return, with ambien. I also had no idea it could be so bad. My first five weeks were total hell. I have two small children and my fear of never being able to be a mom was overwhealming. I have the same strong disconnected feelings. As my accute subsides those feelings are lessening. I have the added fun of trying to sort out my thyroid at the same time, it can be very confusing. The thing that has helped me the most is seeing a counselor. Basically I go bawl like a baby for an hour to someone who it doesn't really effect. She points out the areas where I've been strong and it helps. I have also lost connection with my normal life in many ways. Being sick now for almost a year it becomes a sense of identity crisis. I'm hoping that like many people on here, slowly, things will improve. Look at the pink post about the phases of withdrawal. There are days where I feel as bad as I did in accute, but I am definitely coming out of that phase. I still feel numb, depressed and dizzy....disconnected. But it's not as overwhealming. I can now work in my children's classrooms, even though I don't feel normal. I can go to the store and exercise a bit. I think as time goes on you'll notice little things that have come back....but only after they're gone for a bit. I didn't notice anything I was looking for, it just sort of donned on me that things were gone. Good luck, breathe and walk if you can't ride your bike. I did aqua aerobics because I knew I couldn't fall over.