Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

cheering for you BG!  I'm sure you will fair really well post walk off!! 

It's really a good feeling seeing that light at the end of tunnel.  i was here weeks back seeking advice and supports.  Today im one week out post jump. i want to come in and share my easy taper experience and provide comfort to those who are still tapering, assuring that healing does happen!

after switching to DMLT, the last leg of my taper became easy for me, especially down to low dosage.  i started to experience some of the withdrawals symptoms again after i reach below 0.025mg A (0.25 V).  I assumed that was when i hit my non-therapeutic dose.  few days later, i jumped at 0.008A  (0.08 V). Since the jump, my main sxs are periodic anxiety, some mood swing, and chest tightness, but they are most mild and very tolerable.  I envision there will still be some bumps in the up coming week, but i can feel healing is happening.  I rmb i had a lot of doubts during my taper.  i now feel compelled to post an encouraging note and assure you guys that with proper taper, i'm confident everyone will be able to do this.

fight on!!

Wonderful news, Fisher! So happy for you. Please check in again and let us know you're doing.

Gardie :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

BG, glad to see that you are down so low (I think .16 is below the threshold at which the benzos are active) and doing well.  Just think, you body probably doesn't even know the drug is still there but you are still doing well.  I think you have nothing to fear from here on out.  :thumbsup:

Hi Horizon, I hope my body doesn't know, but think you are pretty much on mark. I have noticed since I have been getting lower, that I am not having the little blips or anything that could be called wd, I have been blessed and I know it. I am not expecting to just walk off and not have some type of left over wd...but I will deal with whatever I must, and one day will take all my leftover Valium to a Drug Drop off. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...and that is a good feeling.

How are you doing? Thanks for posting and your supportive words, means a lot. Best to you. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Doing great here.  I have gotten to the point where most days the thought of the ordeal that I went through doesn't even run through my mind once.  No symptoms, nada....It's like that dark room has been walled off....I can't go back in there even if I wanted to.  It also seems that I am able to drink caffeine without issue now, also exercising 6 days a week, things are good!  ;D

Glad to hear you are doing well FisherK.  What you have sounds like what I was had the first few weeks after hopping off.  Mild, manageable symptoms.  Most of the anxiety was self induced worrying about some sort of inevitable horror that had to be around the corner.  That never came and it is all gone now....I am sure the last remnants will be gone as well for you very soon. :thumbsup:

BG, glad to see that you are down so low (I think .16 is below the threshold at which the benzos are active) and doing well.  Just think, you body probably doesn't even know the drug is still there but you are still doing well.  I think you have nothing to fear from here on out.  :thumbsup:

Hi Horizon, I hope my body doesn't know, but think you are pretty much on mark. I have noticed since I have been getting lower, that I am not having the little blips or anything that could be called wd, I have been blessed and I know it. I am not expecting to just walk off and not have some type of left over wd...but I will deal with whatever I must, and one day will take all my leftover Valium to a Drug Drop off. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...and that is a good feeling.

How are you doing? Thanks for posting and your supportive words, means a lot. Best to you. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Doing great here.  I have gotten to the point where most days the thought of the ordeal that I went through doesn't even run through my mind once.  No symptoms, nada....It's like that dark room has been walled off....I can't go back in there even if I wanted to.  It also seems that I am able to drink caffeine without issue now, also exercising 6 days a week, things are good!  ;D

Thanks so much for this, it is such a reassuring post. Onward and Upward always. :thumbsup::smitten:

That's good to hear. I'm so happy for you! :)

Yay! I'm so happy to see buddies doing well.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for checking in, how are you doing Gwinna?💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

SO awesome to read your post Horizon!!

Sober, you are doing really well, so happy for you, Acceptance and fortitude is so important. Stay Strong. 💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

horizon, that's exactly how i feel right now, constantly looking over my shoulder for that other shoe to drop.  i hope things will continue to improve from this point on.

begood,  i theorize at certain low dosage your body wont' register its effect anymore, and will go into acute withdraw even when you're still taking the minute amount. it happened around 0.025mg Ativan (0.25mg A) for me.  the taper was going pretty smooth until i hit that threshold. that's probably my non-therapeutic dosage.  those sxs stayed pretty consistent both in intensity and frequency since then til now i'm one week off. 

thanks everyone for your encouragement! best wishes to all!

horizon, that's exactly how i feel right now, constantly looking over my shoulder for that other shoe to drop.  i hope things will continue to improve from this point on.

begood,  i theorize at certain low dosage your body wont' register its effect anymore, and will go into acute withdraw even when you're still taking the minute amount. it happened around 0.025mg Ativan (0.25mg A) for me.  the taper was going pretty smooth until i hit that threshold. that's probably my non-therapeutic dosage.  those sxs stayed pretty consistent both in intensity and frequency since then til now i'm one week off. 

Hi Fisher, thanks for your input, so far I have not had any wd problems, I would say things started changing for the better around the 0.19mg dosage, before that had blips of wd, nothing bad, maybe because going through 2 horrific tapers I knew what to expect, and it never got anywhere near those wd. I will deal with whatever comes my way, as we all do, one step at a time. I will be at the finish line in the near future, and hoping all will be OK, my goal remains to Walk Off, and deal with anything that comes my way concerning wd. :thumbsup:. Best to you always.💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi Fisher, thanks for your input, so far I have not had any wd problems, I would say things started changing for the better around the 0.19mg dosage, before that had blips of wd, nothing bad, maybe because going through 2 horrific tapers I knew what to expect, and it never got anywhere near those wd. I will deal with whatever comes my way, as we all do, one step at a time. I will be at the finish line in the near future, and hoping all will be OK, my goal remains to Walk Off, and deal with anything that comes my way concerning wd. :thumbsup:. Best to you always.💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks to both of you for sharing. It's so helpful to read about what different people experience at the end of their tapers.

Gardie :smitten:

Thanks to both of you for sharing. It's so helpful to read about what different people experience at the end of their tapers.

:smitten::hug: :hug: :hug:  :smitten:

I'm still doing OK with my switch to even cuts rather than percentages. Not exactly easy, but doable. I make sure to take care of myself. Eat right. Do very light exercise. Keep my distractions handy. Do something mindful every day.

Hope everyone else is doing well, too.

I'm still doing OK with my switch to even cuts rather than percentages. Not exactly easy, but doable. I make sure to take care of myself. Eat right. Do very light exercise. Keep my distractions handy. Do something mindful every day.

Gardie, I have come to the conclusion, that it does not matter how we taper, only that we taper to a speed and amt that does not cause us to have profound wd. It sounds like things are going well, and it is good that you are taking the best care of yourself that you can. Stay Strong. 💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Gardie, I have come to the conclusion, that it does not matter how we taper, only that we taper to a speed and amt that does not cause us to have profound wd. It sounds like things are going well, and it is good that you are taking the best care of yourself that you can. Stay Strong. 💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

You hit the nail on the head, BG! ;D

You hit the nail on the head, BG! ;D

:smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:

Thank you all so much for your wisdom and positivity in this thread. I've been in knots for months, having read all of the horror stories of others on the larger forums. I had a setback last week because I probably cut too fast (I think I have to go much slower than most) and panicked. Of course the panicked probably made my symptoms so much worse! It's so nice to have found you guys. I'm hopeful that slowing down, staying positive, and pressing forward at my own pace will be the answer. How do you all know when/how much to cut? I was trying for 5% every 2 weeks, but the lower I get, the harder that is. Any insights would be so appreciated as I rethink my strategy!

Thank you all so much for your wisdom and positivity in this thread. I've been in knots for months, having read all of the horror stories of others on the larger forums. I had a setback last week because I probably cut too fast (I think I have to go much slower than most) and panicked. Of course the panicked probably made my symptoms so much worse! It's so nice to have found you guys. I'm hopeful that slowing down, staying positive, and pressing forward at my own pace will be the answer. How do you all know when/how much to cut? I was trying for 5% every 2 weeks, but the lower I get, the harder that is. Any insights would be so appreciated as I rethink my strategy!

Hi takingon. You are definitely on the right track. We are very sensitive to stress because of excess gaba, so panic is kind of normal. It helps to just tell yourself it's normal and it will pass and then shift your focus to something else until it does. Find something pleasant to occupy your mind. I took up card making in the winter. I garden in the summer. I find it really helps to have something pleasant to think about.

My system for cutting has been to try a very small cut first, and if it goes OK, inch upward. I do daily microtaper. I was at 5%/month for awhile and inched upward to 10%. That was when I was doing percentages. I'm doing even cuts now. I tried that for a week and held for a week and when it went OK, I continued with it. I also keep a diary of my cuts and symptoms. It helps to keep things straight when I'm in cog fog. ;)

And I insert short holds now whenever I think I'm getting wobbly and always during the holidays. Sort of heads off trouble at the pass.

Hi takingon. You are definitely on the right track. We are very sensitive to stress because of excess gaba, so panic is kind of normal. It helps to just tell yourself it's normal and it will pass and then shift your focus to something else until it does. Find something pleasant to occupy your mind. I took up card making in the winter. I garden in the summer. I find it really helps to have something pleasant to think about.

My system for cutting has been to try a very small cut first, and if it goes OK, inch upward. I do daily microtaper. I was at 5%/month for awhile and inched upward to 10%. That was when I was doing percentages. I'm doing even cuts now. I tried that for a week and held for a week and when it went OK, I continued with it. I also keep a diary of my cuts and symptoms. It helps to keep things straight when I'm in cog fog. ;)

And I insert short holds now whenever I think I'm getting wobbly and always during the holidays. Sort of heads off trouble at the pass.

:smitten::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :smitten:

It's a beautiful, sunny day here. Very much enjoying it after the long, gray winter and then the rainy, rainy April. I think the good weather helps my mood a lot. Maybe that's why my taper is going well or maybe I'm one of those lucky people who gets better as they get lower. I'm down to less than half a capsule now. If I keep going at this pace I will be off this summer. My signature shows how long I've been at this. I've seen so many buddies jump ahead of me and have been so happy for them. But I've also felt like I was so far behind them and so far from the end that I would never get there myself. Still, I kept going at my slow, careful pace. And now I can see the finish line. Amazing.

This slow, symptoms-based taper has worked well for me. It's tempting to jump now and be done with it, but I will keep turtling along to the end. And it will be worth it.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbestanimations.com%2FAnimals%2FReptiles%2Fturtles%2Fcute-turtle-animated-gif-12.gif&f=1

It's a beautiful, sunny day here. Very much enjoying it after the long, gray winter and then the rainy, rainy April. I think the good weather helps my mood a lot. Maybe that's why my taper is going well or maybe I'm one of those lucky people who gets better as they get lower. I'm down to less than half a capsule now. If I keep going at this pace I will be off this summer. My signature shows how long I've been at this. I've seen so many buddies jump ahead of me and have been so happy for them. But I've also felt like I was so far behind them and so far from the end that I would never get there myself. Still, I kept going at my slow, careful pace. And now I can see the finish line. Amazing.

This slow, symptoms-based taper has worked well for me. It's tempting to jump now and be done with it, but I will keep turtling along to the end. And it will be worth it.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbestanimations.com%2FAnimals%2FReptiles%2Fturtles%2Fcute-turtle-animated-gif-12.gif&f=1

I am so happy for you Gardie, you have come a long way, and don't feel bad how long it has taken, my journey has been a long time coming too...I think we did what is best for us...everyone has to find a taper and speed that works for them...benzo's are ruthless and the wd is no picnic..."Time and Patience" has been my mantra. I never much thought about turtles, but I have a high regard for them...they set out and they do not worry how long...because they know that it is just over the next road....🐢. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [fl...]
    • [Bl...]
    • [Si...]
    • [...]
    • [fa...]
    • [Be...]
    • [Li...]
    • [...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [ro...]
    • [mo...]