Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

This past week I have started experiencing something I used to call "sleep inertia".  Basically difficulty in getting up in the morning.  Throughout my whole taper and up until last week I was always awake, and wide awake, either before or substantially before my alarm went off.  This past week I have been sleeping like a log and am being woken up by my alarm.  This is how I was before I touched Benzos and it looks like a good sign that things are getting completely back to the way they were....I was even late to work a couple times this week.  ;D

A good reminder for all of us, that things will get better, that is wonderful. I am hoping that my sleep will return too, although I have adjusted well to less sleep. Already I am sleeping a bit longer, and best of all dreaming again. Thanks for your post. 💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a year since this whole thing began. My life is completely different - and better! I feel that I am no longer experiencing withdrawal symptoms, though my brain is definitely still healing. I'll probably post something longer in my blog or in the post-withdrawal section, but I wanted to check in with my favorite support group first. You guys rock.

Gwinna

It's been a year since this whole thing began. My life is completely different - and better! I feel that I am no longer experiencing withdrawal symptoms, though my brain is definitely still healing. I'll probably post something longer in my blog or in the post-withdrawal section, but I wanted to check in with my favorite support group first. You guys rock.

Gwinna

So happy for you, it is great that you feel better and life is good for you. Your post gives so much hope and support. I also feel really good, almost normal...since I have not known normal for a long while...I think that is what I am feeling... :D But I am willing to keep the feeling regardless. I believe also that the Brain takes a bit more time to heal, and I feel I am healing now more and more. Thanks for coming on and posting...such wonderful posts here today. :thumbsup:💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Great posts - healing is happening!

I've been dreaming much more lately...a good sign! And no nightmares.

One day closer to ALL of us being healed!

Gwinna

Thanks for the update, Gwinna. I'll look for your other post. :smitten:

Great posts - healing is happening!

I've been dreaming much more lately...a good sign! And no nightmares.

One day closer to ALL of us being healed!

Yep, a good positive vibe going here.  Good to see.  :thumbsup:

Doing well...sped up my DLMT/taper to .02 one day, .03 the next day and it's been 9 days since I sped it up a little and doing well - no bad symptoms. Sleep is decent (lots of dreams) and days aren't bad. Mornings are becoming less rough too but very few surges when i wake up. Phew.

Working out every morning and "tapering up" my exercise has really helped. I was so afraid to work out again for months and now it's a game changer...32 push ups this am and stretches and jumping jacks...might brave a hot yoga class soon.

Healing is happening for ALL of us.

Doing well...sped up my DLMT/taper to .02 one day, .03 the next day and it's been 9 days since I sped it up a little and doing well - no bad symptoms. Sleep is decent (lots of dreams) and days aren't bad. Mornings are becoming less rough too but very few surges when i wake up. Phew.

Working out every morning and "tapering up" my exercise has really helped. I was so afraid to work out again for months and now it's a game changer...32 push ups this am and stretches and jumping jacks...might brave a hot yoga class soon.

Healing is happening for ALL of us.

Great post Sober, keep on doing what is working for you, you are smart to know when you must tweak your taper...remember always that we can not be hard on ourselves ever...but we can not give in to negative thoughts either, Rome was not built in a day and tapering is something that we all have to go through. Hang tight and keep up the great attitude, believe it or not...it makes a lot of difference. Stay Strong.💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

thanks for the post-withdrawals update, horizonZD and gwinna!  it's given us lots of hope and motivation.

i'm feeling much better at low dosage as well. i hope more buddies can come on this board.  The positive vibe is contagious and having right frame of mind is half of the battle!

Thank you begood!

BTW: Exercise has really been a game changer for me - wish I had started earlier. But it's helping a lot at my low 1.8mg V dose (is that dose even "therapeutic" now??)

Agreed Fisher....Horizon and Gwinna are inspiring and we need to stay positive no matter what. Bad attitudes breed bad tapers ...I truly believe this.

I have really stopped reading the "horror stories" on here - nothing I can do will really help someone who is bedridden, but say that i am sorry they are suffering (and I have done that numerous times). i feel so sorry for these people but think they make their situation worse by posting how awful they feel every day. And it scares other members sadly.

I focus on reading only the positive posts (like begood's blog) and try and help the newbies when i can.

Positivity catches on.

• 2 weeks later...

534.gif Morning everyone, just wanted to post that of this morning I am at 0.13mg of Valium, a long time coming, but so happy that I can definitely see the light brazing at the end of the tunnel, still going to walk off in Fumes. I have learned that each one of us, has to find what works best, and it really can be less painful, with "Patience & Time", and for me...going sloooooooooooow,...I could walk off right now, but I want to finish what I started. For you see my biggest downfall in life has been "Impatience". Best to all with their taper.

I am so grateful for BB and the platform we have here to get help, or support others. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

534.gif Morning everyone, just wanted to post that of this morning I am at 0.13mg of Valium, a long time coming, but so happy that I can definitely see the light brazing at the end of the tunnel, still going to walk off in Fumes. I have learned that each one of us, has to find what works best, and it really can be less painful, with "Patience & Time", and for me...going sloooooooooooow,...I could walk off right now, but I want to finish what I started. For you see my biggest downfall in life has been "Impatience". Best to all with their taper.

I am so grateful for BB and the platform we have here to get help, or support others. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

:clap: Yay BG!!! So happy for you! :hug:

:clap: Yay BG!!! So happy for you! :hug:

Thanks Gardie. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

BG, you see, now I travel after you everywhere!

Just to send you a very big hug

So glad for your aproaching the “walking in fumes”

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Look at you, I am so proud of you, trust me...I spent months on Introductions...because I could not figure out...how to navigate the boards...but I did and dear Cona...you will too. :hug::mybuddy::hug::smitten:

Look at you, I am so proud of you, trust me...I spent months on Introductions...because I could not figure out...how to navigate the boards...but I did and dear Cona...you will too. :hug::mybuddy::hug::smitten:

🤗😊😊 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:❤️❤️❤️I am more proud of your achievement, learning Patience and being so brave

and giving us All so much

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

🤗😊😊 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:❤️❤️❤️I am more proud of your achievement, learning Patience and being so brave

and giving us All so much

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:smitten::hug: :hug: :hug:  :smitten:

BG, glad to see that you are down so low (I think .16 is below the threshold at which the benzos are active) and doing well.  Just think, you body probably doesn't even know the drug is still there but you are still doing well.  I think you have nothing to fear from here on out.  :thumbsup:

BG, glad to see that you are down so low (I think .16 is below the threshold at which the benzos are active) and doing well.  Just think, you body probably doesn't even know the drug is still there but you are still doing well.  I think you have nothing to fear from here on out.  :thumbsup:

Hi Horizon, I hope my body doesn't know, but think you are pretty much on mark. I have noticed since I have been getting lower, that I am not having the little blips or anything that could be called wd, I have been blessed and I know it. I am not expecting to just walk off and not have some type of left over wd...but I will deal with whatever I must, and one day will take all my leftover Valium to a Drug Drop off. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...and that is a good feeling.

How are you doing? Thanks for posting and your supportive words, means a lot. Best to you. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Cheering you on!  :smitten:

Cheering you on!  :smitten:

:smitten::)  :smitten:

cheering for you BG!  I'm sure you will fair really well post walk off!! 

It's really a good feeling seeing that light at the end of tunnel.  i was here weeks back seeking advice and supports.  Today im one week out post jump. i want to come in and share my easy taper experience and provide comfort to those who are still tapering, assuring that healing does happen!

after switching to DMLT, the last leg of my taper became easy for me, especially down to low dosage.  i started to experience some of the withdrawals symptoms again after i reach below 0.025mg A (0.25 V).  I assumed that was when i hit my non-therapeutic dose.  few days later, i jumped at 0.008A  (0.08 V). Since the jump, my main sxs are periodic anxiety, some mood swing, and chest tightness, but they are most mild and very tolerable.  I envision there will still be some bumps in the up coming week, but i can feel healing is happening.  I rmb i had a lot of doubts during my taper.  i now feel compelled to post an encouraging note and assure you guys that with proper taper, i'm confident everyone will be able to do this.

fight on!!

cheering for you BG!  I'm sure you will fair really well post walk off!! 

It's really a good feeling seeing that light at the end of tunnel.  i was here weeks back seeking advice and supports.  Today im one week out post jump. i want to come in and share my easy taper experience and provide comfort to those who are still tapering, assuring that healing does happen!

after switching to DMLT, the last leg of my taper became easy for me, especially down to low dosage.  i started to experience some of the withdrawals symptoms again after i reach below 0.025mg A (0.25 V).  I assumed that was when i hit my non-therapeutic dose.  few days later, i jumped at 0.008A  (0.08 V). Since the jump, my main sxs are periodic anxiety, some mood swing, and chest tightness, but they are most mild and very tolerable.  I envision there will still be some bumps in the up coming week, but i can feel healing is happening.  I rmb i had a lot of doubts during my taper.  i now feel compelled to post an encouraging note and assure you guys that with proper taper, i'm confident everyone will be able to do this.

fight on!!

[glow=red,2,300]"Congrats on your Jump Off." :thumbsup:[/glow]  Thanks Fisher for posting here and letting buddies know that with a good taper speed and Patience we can all get off of benzo's. I am feeling pretty confident that when I walk off, it will be pretty much what I have felt. Honestly things have been OK and I am feeling really blessed, but you know what? I deserve this, after two failed tapers, this is my sweet revenge against the  >:D Benzo.

So happy you are adjusting well to Life again, it just will get better and better. I am interested in what you said about the dosages being non-theruptic, I need to read up more on that. Thanks again for posting and sharing. 💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Great report FisherK - thanks for posting. And glad your taper is going so well begood. A good way to start the day!

:smitten::hug: :hug: :hug:  :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Re...]
    • [Po...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Os...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [kn...]
    • [gr...]