Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

My taper has become easier - the morning adrenaline/cortisol chemical surges have been gone for 4 days! A miracle for me. I really have only one symptom left and that is crushing afternoon fatigue which I am feeling now. I don't lie down though, instead I go and literally walk it off which always helps.

I was worried that i would be stuck feeling worse and worse at the lower doses, but now starting to feel better and better. I am at 2.08mg of Valium, doing a DLMT and things are improving.

Remember, every day is one day closer to being fully healed.

Pete it is wonderful to hear your good news. Finding a pace for you...is paramount, this is a great learning experience for all of us, and we have to find what is best for us. Really no rules how to do this, but to take the risks and find out and then adjust as necessary. You are right, what works for one person, may not work for another, but it all comes down to choices and we all Pray we make the right one. You will know, as you will feel better. Of course we all will have some sx, it just depends how much one wants to dwell on them...distraction is key and telling ourselves...that what we are feeling or thinking is not us...and that we are healing and move on. I really believe the thoughts we feed our Brain will make us or break us...it is our choice the food we give it. Best always to you...💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

begood !!!!!

"I really believe the thoughts we feed our Brain will make us or break us."

SO true!

I feel the best when I ignore my symptoms. I just came back from a walk outside and kicked that heavy headed afternoon fatigue to the curb, literally. I now feel so much better.

Find your pace, stick with it and you will succeed. It does take trial and error and it is individual. Get advice from buddies, but know that what works for one person, might not work for you. This is an individual process. I panicked in the beginning and would seek answers but really the answers were in myself all along.

Keep moving - do not sit still and obsess about symptoms. Don't post about how bad you feel every day - it will honestly just give those symptoms more power. The word distract is used a lot on here but for good reason - don't come on BBs and expect answers or miracle supplements (been there, done that, so I know the feeling) - get outside in the real world and literally walk off those symptoms.

And always remember that you WILL heal.

begood !!!!!

"I really believe the thoughts we feed our Brain will make us or break us."

SO true!

I feel the best when I ignore my symptoms. I just came back from a walk outside and kicked that heavy headed afternoon fatigue to the curb, literally. I now feel so much better.

Find your pace, stick with it and you will succeed. It does take trial and error and it is individual. Get advice from buddies, but know that what works for one person, might not work for you. This is an individual process. I panicked in the beginning and would seek answers but really the answers were in myself all along.

Keep moving - do not sit still and obsess about symptoms. Don't post about how bad you feel every day - it will honestly just give those symptoms more power. The word distract is used a lot on here but for good reason - don't come on BBs and expect answers or miracle supplements (been there, done that, so I know the feeling) - get outside in the real world and literally walk off those symptoms.

And always remember that you WILL heal.

:smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:

the morning surge has really been a problem for me as well. for me, it usually subsides around 10.  im so happy that they disappeared for you, and that your taper has became easier for you at lower dose.

thank you for the advice to ignore the symptoms and feed our brain positive thoughts.  i actually went to the movie this afternoon, haven't been able to do that for the past 3 months.  it really felt pretty good!!  however, it's a lot easier to do when things are going great.  i just need to constantly remind myself to be optimistic when things are not doing so good.

best wishes

Awesome that you went to the movies FisherK - a great distraction. You are doing a good job if you are able to do that. Stay optimistic as hard as it can be - it truly helps me to keep reminding myself that every day is a day closer to healing.

hi all,

after few days of leveling with improved sxs, im excited to report that i started my next batch of cut in the daily taper manner last night.  i will give this a try for the next 10 days or so.  i hope this will work out better for me than the cut and hold method previously.  didn't really feel anything from last night's cut at the moment, but like to ask all of you who has been doing daily cuts that how many consecutive daily cut days you do before you start to feel the effect? how do you know if i need to take a breather day or two?

gardie:  good idea to skip the first 3 steps!  :)

wish everyone easy taper and recovery!

hi all,

after few days of leveling with improved sxs, im excited to report that i started my next batch of cut in the daily taper manner last night.  i will give this a try for the next 10 days or so.  i hope this will work out better for me than the cut and hold method previously.  didn't really feel anything from last night's cut at the moment, but like to ask all of you who has been doing daily cuts that how many consecutive daily cut days you do before you start to feel the effect? how do you know if i need to take a breather day or two?

gardie:  good idea to skip the first 3 steps!  :)

wish everyone easy taper and recovery!

Fisher, that would probably vary by how long the half life of the med is. Xanax is very short. Valium is very long. I'm on Librium, also very long. So long that I can never really figure out how long it takes to feel a cut. Seems random. But then the waves and windows are a random and normal part of this.

I keep a notecards on my kitchen counter with each day's reduction and then a space to write down if I notice any spike in symptoms. If I get a spike that won't quit for several days, I figure I need to hold a bit.

Gardie :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

on 2/21 I went off the Klonopin, and its now 3/30 and I've not looked back.  When I got off I was sleeping downstairs on our sofa bed because baby was in our bedroom.  In the past 40 days, our baby moved into her own room, and mama went to sleep on a cot (its comfy) to help our baby transition and I came back upstairs into the bedroom, where I had not been for almost 9 months. So, lots of transitions and changes and definitely some anxiety hits here and there but the change went well, my sleep improved such that I am waking up less, and getting about 30 minutes more sleep a night than a month ago.  My wife says the house feels normal again with all of us up here, and I am glad we transitioned so well (well, almost, apparently I snored last night so my wife went back to the cot in the baby room.

I haven't cut my lexapro or trazodone yet, but I have cut some supplements and cut out some activities I thought I needed to prep for sleep, without any real issues. So I guess in about 20 days I'll be writing a post on success stories =)

Hey Everyone!

on 2/21 I went off the Klonopin, and its now 3/30 and I've not looked back.  When I got off I was sleeping downstairs on our sofa bed because baby was in our bedroom.  In the past 40 days, our baby moved into her own room, and mama went to sleep on a cot (its comfy) to help our baby transition and I came back upstairs into the bedroom, where I had not been for almost 9 months. So, lots of transitions and changes and definitely some anxiety hits here and there but the change went well, my sleep improved such that I am waking up less, and getting about 30 minutes more sleep a night than a month ago.  My wife says the house feels normal again with all of us up here, and I am glad we transitioned so well (well, almost, apparently I snored last night so my wife went back to the cot in the baby room.

I haven't cut my lexapro or trazodone yet, but I have cut some supplements and cut out some activities I thought I needed to prep for sleep, without any real issues. So I guess in about 20 days I'll be writing a post on success stories =)

This is great news, you are doing well, keep up the good work, nothing about benzo tapering is easy, but it can be done, without too much trauma if one is a bit lucky. Of course you are going to still have some anxiety, but in time you will learn how to deal with it...one step at a time. Have a good day and pat yourself on the back. 💖 Peace and Healing.

Hey Everyone!

So happy to hear things are going well for you. Thank you for sharing this. It gives us all hope!

Gardie :smitten:

Glad to see Roland is doing well.  :thumbsup: I just wanted to chime in on the two month mark and state that everything is going well here.  I haven't had any real symptoms for about 5 weeks or so, even those which I had were very mild and quite manageable.  How is everyone doing here? 

Glad to see Roland is doing well.  :thumbsup: I just wanted to chime in on the two month mark and state that everything is going well here.  I haven't had any real symptoms for about 5 weeks or so, even those which I had were very mild and quite manageable.  How is everyone doing here?

Thanks so much for coming on and letting us know how you are doing. I am actually feeling really good, my benzo belly has taken a turn for the better...I no longer have chest pressure off and on...and just generally feeling pretty good. My sleep is better most nights, I am getting a bit more than 4 hours and it is a deep sleep with plenty of nice dreams. Not far from walking off in fumes, but still a way to go...but I am OK with the time. I accept everything. I really can say I have been healing on the way down. :thumbsup: I just wish everyone here at BB could feel better and have a taper that is not horrendous. Keep us posted please. 💖 Peace and Continued Healing.

Thanks so much for sharing that. So happy for you!

I've bumped my taper rate up a bit and so far symptoms are manageable. :)

Thanks so much for coming on and letting us know how you are doing. I am actually feeling really good, my benzo belly has taken a turn for the better...I no longer have chest pressure off and on...and just generally feeling pretty good. My sleep is better most nights, I am getting a bit more than 4 hours and it is a deep sleep with plenty of nice dreams. Not far from walking off in fumes, but still a way to go...but I am OK with the time. I accept everything. I really can say I have been healing on the way down. :thumbsup: I just wish everyone here at BB could feel better and have a taper that is not horrendous. Keep us posted please. 💖 Peace and Continued Healing.

Really glad to hear your sleep is improving, BG! :smitten:

Really glad to hear your sleep is improving, BG! :smitten:

:smitten::hug: :hug: :hug:  :smitten:

Superb! So glad to see that things are going very well with you being so low in dosage.  I have noticed I have been having a lot more dreams lately as well.  Keep up that positive momentum. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for sharing that. So happy for you!

I've bumped my taper rate up a bit and so far symptoms are manageable. :)

Glad to see that you're symptoms are mild and manageable, even with a higher taper rate!  ;D

I would definitely say I had an easy taper.  I did a slow, daily microtaper with liquid, and had only occasional, mild sxs.  I jumped at .5mg V and had no recurring sxs.

that is awesome!

great to see everyone is doing so well!

i also want to check in and share my easier taper experience for the past couple weeks.  ever since switching to daily taper, my sxs have reduced significantly.  morning surges is mostly gone, interdose withdrawasl much lessened and anxiety subsided.  sxs seem to be more physical than mental, which is much easier to deal with.  DMLT really made the world of difference. i would highly recommend for those who havent switched.

thanks for everyone's support and suggestion.

great to see everyone is doing so well!

i also want to check in and share my easier taper experience for the past couple weeks.  ever since switching to daily taper, my sxs have reduced significantly.  morning surges is mostly gone, interdose withdrawasl much lessened and anxiety subsided.  sxs seem to be more physical than mental, which is much easier to deal with.  DMLT really made the world of difference. i would highly recommend for those who havent switched.

thanks for everyone's support and suggestion.

That is great news about your DMLT, I am doing liquid taper and think it is the best...I did have some problems at first...so I stopped for a week and went back and it has been smooth sailing all the way down...I hope you go on the boards and give your support to those that are struggling so...we need positive feedback here...Sober is doing a fantastic job and always Cant..helping others...I will try to help out more too. We have lots of newbies that are lost right now. Mostly I have only had physical too, but this third time has been a charm for me. Keep doing the best you can each day and Victory will be yours. :thumbsup: 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

This past week I have started experiencing something I used to call "sleep inertia".  Basically difficulty in getting up in the morning.  Throughout my whole taper and up until last week I was always awake, and wide awake, either before or substantially before my alarm went off.  This past week I have been sleeping like a log and am being woken up by my alarm.  This is how I was before I touched Benzos and it looks like a good sign that things are getting completely back to the way they were....I was even late to work a couple times this week.  ;D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [fa...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Su...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [La...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Os...]