Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

321.gifTomorrow I will be at 0.160mg of Valium, my 10 day taper went well. Just wanted to post here, tomorrow I will post on my plog more details. Hang in there, with a good plan, you can get to the lower doses too. Stay Strong. 💖Peace and Healing.

Congratulations, BG!!!

That is AWESOME news begood!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

.160.... you are so close to 0.

:smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

Thanks, so close now, and a long time coming, but I knew from the get-go, this time would be longer and a different taper. And so far it has, like night and day...compared to first two tapers..Once one lets go of the expectations and just believes that they will do it...one step at a time...and "Accept the bad as we do the good along the way...it is easier. "Accepting the Process of Healing is everything"...and throw in a big dose of "Gratitude" and things are doable...slowly and letting go of a time frame.. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

321.gifTomorrow I will be at 0.160mg of Valium, my 10 day taper went well. Just wanted to post here, tomorrow I will post on my plog more details. Hang in there, with a good plan, you can get to the lower doses too. Stay Strong. 💖Peace and Healing.

Congratulations, BG!!!

Thanks Gardie, I see you are down to 4mg...that is great.!!326.gif 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

hi everyone!

im on ativan for short term. full 1.5mg dose for 3 weeks and have been tapering ever since.

it's great to have a board that is more positive.  I frequently fear to go many boards because i always sympathize with others and identify myself with their suffering.  it revs up my sx, just reading those stories.  i know everyone has different physical and psychological make up and different circumstance, but its hard to think straight when you have bad days on benzo...

i just want to say big thanks for everyone's positive vibe here!

hi everyone!

im on ativan for short term. full 1.5mg dose for 3 weeks and have been tapering ever since.

it's great to have a board that is more positive.  I frequently fear to go many boards because i always sympathize with others and identify myself with their suffering.  it revs up my sx, just reading those stories.  i know everyone has different physical and psychological make up and different circumstance, but its hard to think straight when you have bad days on benzo...

Welcome, FisherK. It sounds like you've got this figured out. Best to focus on the positive as much as possible. :thumbsup:

[09...]
Wanted to pop in and say I’m doing really well! I’m 100% better since starting DLMT. I hope everyone is doing okay. ♥️

hi everyone!

:smitten:  :thumbsup:    :smitten:

Wanted to pop in and say I’m doing really well! I’m 100% better since starting DLMT. I hope everyone is doing okay. ♥️

:smitten::thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :smitten:

Awesome!  glad to hear that DLMT is doing well for you.

You are really getting down there.  :thumbsup:

You are really getting down there.  :thumbsup:

I know, it is hard to believe...and I have been at it for so long...but wouldn't have changed the time it has taken. Hope you continue to do well.610.gif.💖Peace and Healing.

wow begood,

incredible!! that's a lot of dedication and perseverance!  just out of curiosity, do you still feel any effect of the drug at that low dosage? are all the sxs pretty tolerable every time you make a cut? at what dosage do you consider "walk off"?

wish everyone smooth sailing whether in recovery or taper!

wow begood,

incredible!! that's a lot of dedication and perseverance!  just out of curiosity, do you still feel any effect of the drug at that low dosage? are all the sxs pretty tolerable every time you make a cut? at what dosage do you consider "walk off"?

Thanks, yes it takes a lot, but with a good plan, and lots of patience...it has not been bad at all. No I do not feel any effect of the drug at all. Yes the sxs seem to be less each time and what I may have are only little blips of things...nothing bad at all, tolerable and go away quickly...hence I think when I have them...it lets me know that part of the Brain is healing more. Since I do 0.03 total per taper, I will walk off at 0. :thumbsup:610.gif💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

that's great begood!

do you remember what was the last dosage you felt the effect of the drug? or the last time you had more pronounce sxs after a cut?

thanks

Sandia my DLMT queen - YESSSSSSS! You are doing a 100% kick ass DLMT job!

begood my turtle hero - so awesome how low you are and soon will be strolling off.

This is all such GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Sandia my DLMT queen - YESSSSSSS! You are doing a 100% kick ass DLMT job!

begood my turtle hero - so awesome how low you are and soon will be strolling off.

This is all such GREAT NEWS!!!!!

You are such a dear sweet Man. I love being a turtle. :D610.gif💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

that's great begood!

do you remember what was the last dosage you felt the effect of the drug? or the last time you had more pronounce sxs after a cut?

thanks

To be honest, I think it really did not help me much, I was given it for my Bil Meniere's disease, it seemed to lessen the sx for a while, but the disease remained. I think I was just tied to the pill, because it had helped for a short time. I had more sx when I was cutting 0.25mg at a time..felt them for about 2wks, but could still function, drive etc, then I held for 2months. As I got lower in dosage, I started just holding for 30 days. It has worked well for me. 610.gif💖Peace and Healing.

wow begood,

Thanks, yes it takes a lot, but with a good plan, and lots of patience...it has not been bad at all. No I do not feel any effect of the drug at all. Yes the sxs seem to be less each time and what I may have are only little blips of things...nothing bad at all, tolerable and go away quickly...hence I think when I have them...it lets me know that part of the Brain is healing more. Since I do 0.03 total per taper, I will walk off at 0. :thumbsup:610.gif💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

At these lower doses, are you cutting .03mg and holding, or cutting .03mg daily?

wow begood,

At these lower doses, are you cutting .03mg and holding, or cutting .03mg daily?

I am tapering daily said amt for 10 days and then holding for 30 days. :)

anyone else has easier taper experience that they can share?

wish everyone well!

Fisher, if you read through this thread you will find people sharing their experiences. I have my story written up in there somewhere. It's the one with the picture of the baby sloth at the top of it. You can also get broad overview of my story from reading my signature at the bottom of this post.

The themes of the stories often go like this:

• Start off tapering as fast as a doctor tells you is safe.
  • Find out he is wrong.
  • Hold and stabilize.
  • Start up much more slowly.
  • Switch to a Daily Micro-taper.
  • Start up again s-l-o-w-l-y being careful not to get ahead of your body's ability to heal.
  • Successfully step off the drug without long-lasting damage.

Better to skip the first 3 steps!

Gardie :)

My taper has become easier - the morning adrenaline/cortisol chemical surges have been gone for 4 days! A miracle for me. I really have only one symptom left and that is crushing afternoon fatigue which I am feeling now. I don't lie down though, instead I go and literally walk it off which always helps.

I was worried that i would be stuck feeling worse and worse at the lower doses, but now starting to feel better and better. I am at 2.08mg of Valium, doing a DLMT and things are improving.

Remember, every day is one day closer to being fully healed.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bi...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Os...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [Re...]
    • [...]
    • [Ba...]