Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. :(

Sorry, Stephen did you read my post below?

Sorry. I did. I put in the sad face thinking it would look like it does in Facebook. Not so much sad as just kind of weary.

Think this - https://emojipedia.org/disappointed-face/

A yellow face with a frown and closed, downcast eyes, as if aching with sorrow or pain. May convey a variety of unhappy emotions, including disappointment, grief, stress, regret, and remorse.

I'll fix it. I appreciate the response.  :smitten:

Basically I was trying to convey my appreciation that someone heard me in this trying time. I feel weary and beat down, but very humbled to be heard, basically.

Thanks. :(

Sorry, Stephen did you read my post below?

Sorry. I did. I put in the sad face thinking it would look like it does in Facebook. Not so much sad as just kind of weary.

Think this - https://emojipedia.org/disappointed-face/

A yellow face with a frown and closed, downcast eyes, as if aching with sorrow or pain. May convey a variety of unhappy emotions, including disappointment, grief, stress, regret, and remorse.

I'll fix it. I appreciate the response.  :smitten:

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hey all, I am a month out now and everything seems to be going well.  I haven't had any major symptoms at all and only had mild, intermittent anxiety during the first 2.5 weeks, completely manageable while working full time.  Sleeping has been 7-8.5 hours which is probably better than pre benzo(caffeine free for 6 months now).  The rough time that I had imagined happening post taper does not appear to be in the cards and I am truly believing that I am going to be fine.  Actually I think I am better than before. 

How is everybody doing?

Hey all, I am a month out now and everything seems to be going well.  I haven't had any major symptoms at all and only had mild, intermittent anxiety during the first 2.5 weeks, completely manageable while working full time.  Sleeping has been 7-8.5 hours which is probably better than pre benzo(caffeine free for 6 months now).  The rough time that I had imagined happening post taper does not appear to be in the cards and I am truly believing that I am going to be fine.  Actually I think I am better than before. 

How is everybody doing?

Wonderful news, thanks for letting us know. I really believe that we will get better, as time goes on, some better than others, and accepting things as they are to me has been key. Not too bad for me...just blips of very mild sx compared to my first two tapers...and mostly I feel good. I start my ten day taper today and then rinse and repeat. So happy for you, enjoy your life. 💖 Peace and Healing.

How is everybody doing?

Wonderful news, thanks for letting us know. I really believe that we will get better, as time goes on, some better than others, and accepting things as they are to me has been key. Not too bad for me...just blips of very mild sx compared to my first two tapers...and mostly I feel good. I start my ten day taper today and then rinse and repeat. So happy for you, enjoy your life. 💖 Peace and Healing.

Thank you!  Glad to hear that you are only having blips of mild symptoms...I think that is a good sign that you are on the right taper and indicates that things are going to be fine once you walk off.  :smitten::thumbsup:

Horizon - holding for a few more days at 2.3mg then going to start the DLMT again but go slower. I think I mentioned before that I mistakenly went from 2.9-2.3 V in 6 days so want to make sure I am ready to start tapering again but feeling confident I am.

Thanks for checking in - your progress is inspiring to me.

I definitely think you are wise to hold after that big cut and good that your are feeling confident. 

I didn't see too many accounts of "easy tapers" here when I first came and that was scary....

Yeah it definitely scares me to read about hard tapers. Mine was so easy at the start and got me from 10mg-3mg V and then I started to feel it. So now going slow is the plan and I hope I am one of the easy tapers. I haven't had it too bad though so far - not "easy" but thankfully just the same 3 s/x the whole time.

What’s the general consensus around here about updoses? I’m at 2mg of Valium and struggling right now. I would like to get back to the previous stability I had. I hadn’t yet reasoned out how I would continue with my taper, but prior to last week my symptoms are fairly low and I feel like I could’ve started. Now I feel like I need to get stable and I’m worried that I won’t at the same dose I’m at now. As close as I am I don’t wanna put my healing at risk, though.

How is everybody doing?

Thank you!  Glad to hear that you are only having blips of mild symptoms...I think that is a good sign that you are on the right taper and indicates that things are going to be fine once you walk off.  :smitten::thumbsup:

:smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:

What’s the general consensus around here about updoses? I’m at 2mg of Valium and struggling right now. I would like to get back to the previous stability I had. I hadn’t yet reasoned out how I would continue with my taper, but prior to last week my symptoms are fairly low and I feel like I could’ve started. Now I feel like I need to get stable and I’m worried that I won’t at the same dose I’m at now. As close as I am I don’t wanna put my healing at risk, though.

Hi Stephen, it is an individual decision for each of us...many will say never updose...but I have twice to save my life after a too fast taper X 2 and stroke like sx...so instead of staring a stroke down...I up-dosed and happy I did. There are no absolutes when it comes to tapering...you must do what feels right for you always. I know people that have up-dosed for few days and did well, and others that needed to go back to when they felt OK. Yes one loses time...but if one is miserable then it is back to the drawing board, especially if much time has passed. It could very well be the stress of things in your life right now causing things to escalate, and maybe working on your feelings about things would be better than up dosing for now...take it day by day, and if time and patience isn't working for you, or you get hold of your stress and feel better...well then it could be easier to decide what to do. There is an Up-dose thread in Support Groups. Remember that this tapering we are all going through is not easy, it takes lots of time...and patience and then Life steps in and wham we have to accept another change. Hang on and Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Horizon, congratulations on a smooth landing so far. I hope you continue to feel better and better!

Stephen, the lower doses of Valium can be difficult. I felt terrible during that part of my taper. If you don't want to updose, what about just holding for another week or two? I held 2-4 weeks between cuts depending on how I was feeling. Are the symptoms tolerable?

begood, it's always a pleasure reading your posts. I'm glad you're managing well and hope things continue to go smoothly for you.

Glad to see this group going strong.

Gwinna

Horizon, congratulations on a smooth landing so far. I hope you continue to feel better and better!

Stephen, the lower doses of Valium can be difficult. I felt terrible during that part of my taper. If you don't want to updose, what about just holding for another week or two? I held 2-4 weeks between cuts depending on how I was feeling. Are the symptoms tolerable?

begood, it's always a pleasure reading your posts. I'm glad you're managing well and hope things continue to go smoothly for you.

Glad to see this group going strong.

Gwinna

Thanks Gwinna, likewise...How are you doing?, hope things are much better for you. Thanks for the words of encouragement for all here and on the Boards. 💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi all!

Checking in with an update :) . I'm making my next switch to liquid today (I take 1 mg of tablet and trade it for its equivalent (1 ml) of pharmaceutical liquid, and do a daily microtaper with that ml until it's gone.) . I think today, to make the transition mentally easier (I always worry about the switch because I feel it like a cut), I will also make my first tiny dose reduction bringing me into the "3's" officially, so that my daily dose is 3.99 mg. 

Slow and steady, I am getting there.

Sending everyone love  :smitten:

Thanks begood and gwinna. I got more sleep last night and by the morning I was tired and sleepy and had to pull myself out of bed for the sake of good sleep hygiene.

Once again, I have the next week off of work and I plan to keep trying what I'm trying right now. No processed sugar, few processed foods, walking every day and lots of relaxation and unplugging. Mostly from online, less TV, etc. For me personally I feel better the less I'm in front of screens of any kind.

That has me thinking a lot recently about my career, but that's for another day.

Thanks begood and gwinna. I got more sleep last night and by the morning I was tired and sleepy and had to pull myself out of bed for the sake of good sleep hygiene.

Once again, I have the next week off of work and I plan to keep trying what I'm trying right now. No processed sugar, few processed foods, walking every day and lots of relaxation and unplugging. Mostly from online, less TV, etc. For me personally I feel better the less I'm in front of screens of any kind.

That has me thinking a lot recently about my career, but that's for another day.

I have made similar changes to my diet and I’ve also began walking each morning.  I’ve began following Tara Brach and listening to her podcasts.  Mindfulness has been so helpful to not just cope with what’s happening now but also to unravel stories and patterns that don’t serve me anymore, from before I even knew what a benzo was. Ditto on the unplugging and screen time.  :thumbsup:

Keep on doing the best you can, one step at a time, you have a plan and that is great, and know that it is OK to make changes to your plan as you go. I agree about screen time. 💖 Peace and Healing.

Hi all!

Checking in with an update :) . I'm making my next switch to liquid today (I take 1 mg of tablet and trade it for its equivalent (1 ml) of pharmaceutical liquid, and do a daily microtaper with that ml until it's gone.) . I think today, to make the transition mentally easier (I always worry about the switch because I feel it like a cut), I will also make my first tiny dose reduction bringing me into the "3's" officially, so that my daily dose is 3.99 mg. 

Slow and steady, I am getting there.

Sending everyone love  :smitten:

Good for you, and so agree with Slow and Steady.💖Peace and Healing.

321.gifTomorrow I will be at 0.160mg of Valium, my 10 day taper went well. Just wanted to post here, tomorrow I will post on my plog more details. Hang in there, with a good plan, you can get to the lower doses too. Stay Strong. 💖Peace and Healing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ca...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [ha...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ry...]
    • [Os...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Br...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [me...]