Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

Hello everyone,

I haven't been here in quite a while!

I took my last dose of klonopin on February 16th, 0.00125mg, so truly just walked off. I very fortunately had a quite uneventful taper, I attribute this to gong super slow, especially towards the end. Just a month over two years on klonopin and a two year taper, might seem an excessively long taper to some, but I figured going super slow and listening to my body when I knew it wasn't ready for a cut was so much better than trying to be a hero speed demon and rushing off only to have a terrible time and possible updose again and again. I will forever be thankful for this forum, it really did get me through some rough patches, when I was so c fused and terrified I would spiral out of control again and again! There were days at the beginning of my taper that I would spend literally all my waking moments pouring over posts just looking for reassurance, and I found that and it was invaluable to me.

I will try my best to remember to come back from time to time, if only to remind those that were in the same place as I was two years ago that hope is not lost and with patience and perseverance benzo dependancy can be overcome!

[glow=red,2,300]"Congratulations", [/glow]thanks for sharing your inspiring story and how Patience and Perseverance has guided you, we all must find something that will help us get through tapering. Even if all we can muster I would say, be Grateful for the little things and accept that this is a Process of Healing and it will take as long as it takes. Best to you. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all, I'm gently stepping off today from about .015 mg klonopin.  Still feeling good, positive, and most importantly, sleeping!  I'll be sharing my journey in graph form in a few weeks.

Y'all, I'm gently stepping off today from about .015 mg klonopin.  Still feeling good, positive, and most importantly, sleeping!  I'll be sharing my journey in graph form in a few weeks.

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

[5d...]

Yay!!! So happy for you!  👏🏻👏🏻

[5d...]

Hello everyone,

I took my last dose of klonopin on February 16th, 0.00125mg, so truly just walked off. I very fortunately had a quite uneventful taper, I attribute this to gong super slow, especially towards the end. Just a month over two years on klonopin and a two year taper, might seem an excessively long taper to some, but I figured going super slow and listening to my body when I knew it wasn't ready for a cut was so much better than trying to be a hero speed demon and rushing off only to have a terrible time and possible updose again and again. I will forever be thankful for this forum, it really did get me through some rough patches, when I was so c fused and terrified I would spiral out of control again and again! There were days at the beginning of my taper that I would spend literally all my waking moments pouring over posts just looking for reassurance, and I found that and it was invaluable to me.

I will try my best to remember to come back from time to time, if only to remind those that were in the same place as I was two years ago that hope is not lost and with patience and perseverance benzo dependancy can be overcome!

I’m so happy for you and very encouraged! Congratulations 🎉🎊

[5d...]

Congratulations. Your screen name reminds me of Stephen King’s Dark Tower series.

Hello everyone,

Congratulations Rosabell!  This gives us all encouragement.  I too will probably be going very slowly to remain functional as I taper

Congratulations. Your screen name reminds me of Stephen King’s Dark Tower series.

It's a direct reference.  =) Hile, gunslinger!

[5d...]

It's a direct reference.  =) Hile, gunslinger!

AHHHH! I fell in love with Roland, madly. Hile, fellow gunslinger!

So...I was doing a DLMT from 3mg of Valium, taking 2mg pills and titrating 1mg with liquid. My math has always been bad and I think I actually went from 3mg to 2.3 in a week (and I feel fine - I never notice these daily reductions). I thought I was going from 3mg to 2.93 today then checked the math and I am actually at 2.3.

Going to keep going to 2mg then probably slow down until I get to 1...

It makes sense because I could never feel the effect of the liquid dose at all. Good news is I didn't notice the day to day cuts which were .1mg.

So...I am now officially at 2.3mg of Valium! And yes, this last tapering part was pretty darn easy!

[5d...]

So...I was doing a DLMT from 3mg of Valium, taking 2mg pills and titrating 1mg with liquid. My math has always been bad and I think I actually went from 3mg to 2.3 in a week (and I feel fine - I never notice these daily reductions). I thought I was going from 3mg to 2.93 today then checked the math and I am actually at 2.3.

Going to keep going to 2mg then probably slow down until I get to 1...

It makes sense because I could never feel the effect of the liquid dose at all. Good news is I didn't notice the day to day cuts which were .1mg.

So...I am now officially at 2.3mg of Valium! And yes, this last tapering part was pretty darn easy!

Good to hear!!

I’m going through a pretty rough patch right now. Lots of muscle spasms, touches of insomnia, and an overall increase in anxiety. My job has gotten really stressful the last few months. But I think what really put this into hyperdrive was that my wife is leaving on a trip for three weeks soon.  She’s been training for the past 14 months to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. I’m exceedingly proud of her of course and I want her to succeed and do well. But she has been anxious about leaving me alone for three weeks given how I feel when things get really bad. So I’m coming on this message board again for the first time in a while to make sure I have support as she heads out on her adventure.

It’s a unique thing to feel so fragile at times and then to have a spouse who can do such amazing things. I don’t know what else to do with that except to take it at face value. To be proud of her and to give myself the grace required to understand my fight is no less amazing. She has been very supportive of me through all this and deep down I am glad that in a time where I was stable she took the opportunity to focus on a part of her life that made her happy. So much over the last five years has revolved around me and my situation. 

Anyway, just reintrucing again. Hugs to all of you.

Not really noticing any major side effects still, that's a great sign that the slow taper has worked.  But the better news is that I found out that my mom told me that she had been on lorezapam for decades, she didnt knew that benzos lost their effectiveness over time, her docs never told her that, nor the side effects, so she has been able to drop in 3 months from 3 mg to 1 mg.  Really proud of her.

Not really noticing any major side effects still, that's a great sign that the slow taper has worked.  But the better news is that I found out that my mom told me that she had been on lorezapam for decades, she didnt knew that benzos lost their effectiveness over time, her docs never told her that, nor the side effects, so she has been able to drop in 3 months from 3 mg to 1 mg.  Really proud of her.

It's great that you are not having anything major and yes, that is a great sign that the slow taper has worked.  :thumbsup:

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I’m going through a pretty rough patch right now. Lots of muscle spasms, touches of insomnia, and an overall increase in anxiety. My job has gotten really stressful the last few months. But I think what really put this into hyperdrive was that my wife is leaving on a trip for three weeks soon.  She’s been training for the past 14 months to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. I’m exceedingly proud of her of course and I want her to succeed and do well. But she has been anxious about leaving me alone for three weeks given how I feel when things get really bad. So I’m coming on this message board again for the first time in a while to make sure I have support as she heads out on her adventure.

It’s a unique thing to feel so fragile at times and then to have a spouse who can do such amazing things. I don’t know what else to do with that except to take it at face value. To be proud of her and to give myself the grace required to understand my fight is no less amazing. She has been very supportive of me through all this and deep down I am glad that in a time where I was stable she took the opportunity to focus on a part of her life that made her happy. So much over the last five years has revolved around me and my situation. 

Anyway, just reintrucing again. Hugs to all of you.

Hi Stephen, glad to hear from you, I think it is normal for you wife to worry, you both have been through a lot. Yes you must allow her to have her moment and I know that you are not begrudging it at all, it is just hard to see others that can lead a normal life, when we have to put the brakes on so often. Three weeks is a long time, but it will go fast, but please come on BB and get the support you need. I know things have been hard for you, but your day will come and you will be well again. Just do not put more pressure on yourself, just do one hour at a time and do the best you can. Stay Strong.💖 Peace and Healing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ca...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [ha...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ry...]
    • [Os...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Br...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [me...]