Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

Now down to .04 Klonopin.  I can step off at .03 this weekend or go a few more days and go down to .01 then step off.  Not sure yet what I'll do.

Sleep is still around 7 hours a night.  No out of control anxiety, maybe my only symptoms are dry mouth and bowel issues some days.

The only thing that I have had to contend with so far is some anxiety that would come and go during the first week and a little be of sleep loss, nothing unmanageable.  The second week went much smoother.  I was told that there was no physiological activity of .02 mg of ativan which is what prompted me to hop off a few days early instead of riding it down to .007.

Yeah I was wondering what that physiological activity limit would be for klonopin, looks like it would be .04 klonopin = .02 ativan, which would mean I am at the point where I'd lie to step off.  That said, I have a cold, so I won't step off until I am recovered from the cold!  But I feel great, another good night of sleep despite being sick!

Good idea to hold until your cold has passed.  I was lucky enough to get my sinus infection a week after the step off.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello beautiful people!

I’m wondering if anyone can offer advice. I’m at 4 mg of Valium even (down from 11 mg).  I’ve been using a pharmaceutical liquid made by Roxane to eliminate 1 mg using a DLMT, and leaving the rest of my dose in pill form. I’m currently holding to stabilize (I always do between each mg), and I’m sensing a lot of anxiety building about switching out my next 1 mg of pill for the Roxanne liquid. My body is super sensitive so I always have a reaction to this switch. My question is- do you think preparing my own liquid using the pills I am used to would be easier on my body?

I appreciate all input  :smitten:

Hello beautiful people!

I’m wondering if anyone can offer advice. I’m at 4 mg of Valium even (down from 11 mg).  I’ve been using a pharmaceutical liquid made by Roxane to eliminate 1 mg using a DLMT, and leaving the rest of my dose in pill form. I’m currently holding to stabilize (I always do between each mg), and I’m sensing a lot of anxiety building about switching out my next 1 mg of pill for the Roxanne liquid. My body is super sensitive so I always have a reaction to this switch. My question is- do you think preparing my own liquid using the pills I am used to would be easier on my body?

Gosh I am not sure, sorry.  💖 Peace and Healing.

Hello beautiful people!

Candice - I made my own Valium solution using pills (Builder guided me) and it was easy to do. I am doing liquid and pills then will do all liquid. I had a little more s/x when I did a whole day of liquid yesterday. Maybe try the Roxanne Labs solution for a dose or two and see it agrees with you.

Hello beautiful people!

Candice - I made my own Valium solution using pills (Builder guided me) and it was easy to do. I am doing liquid and pills then will do all liquid. I had a little more s/x when I did a whole day of liquid yesterday. Maybe try the Roxanne Labs solution for a dose or two and see it agrees with you.

Thanks SoberHope!  I am using the Roxanne now, I have been for a while and it has agreed with me, in the sense that I can tolerate it fine once I am adjusted to it.  My anxiety is coming from having to take a larger percentage of my dose and liquify it as I get super low (I take 1 mg at a time and trade it from pill form into the Roxanne equivalent).  For example, I am liquifying 25% of my dose in this next transition I will be making in about a week.  I'm wondering if anyone has had less of a problem adjusting to their own home made liquid as compared to the pharmaceutical liquid. :)

Hello beautiful people!

Thanks SoberHope!  I am using the Roxanne now, I have been for a while and it has agreed with me, in the sense that I can tolerate it fine once I am adjusted to it.  My anxiety is coming from having to take a larger percentage of my dose and liquify it as I get super low (I take 1 mg at a time and trade it from pill form into the Roxanne equivalent).  For example, I am liquifying 25% of my dose in this next transition I will be making in about a week.  I'm wondering if anyone has had less of a problem adjusting to their own home made liquid as compared to the pharmaceutical liquid. :)

Sorry, no experience, but you could be your own guinea pig and try dissolving a pill and just drinking the whole pill. If the homemade liquid is better than the pharmaceutical liquid, I would suspect it's because you're changing brands when you use the pharmaceutical.

Hello beautiful people!

Sorry, no experience, but you could be your own guinea pig and try dissolving a pill and just drinking the whole pill. If the homemade liquid is better than the pharmaceutical liquid, I would suspect it's because you're changing brands when you use the pharmaceutical.

I could be my own guinea pig for sure.  I guess it may be worth the shot.  Way back in the very beginning of my Xanax taper (my original benzo prior to a cross over), I tried making my own liquid using my pills, but I just 'dissolved' them in water.  I didn't use the vodka.  I shook it like crazy and made what I understood was a suspension, not a solution, as benzos don't dissolve in water.  I made sure I shook it like crazy and drank the entire thing, and after just 2 days I was in complete hell.  I had liquified a significant portion of my dose when I did that (I believe it was .375 mg of Xanax, at that time I was taking 1 mg at bedtime and the .375 mg at my second dose during the night, for insomnia).  Anyways, I guess it's worth a shot to try to make the liquid myself.  The perfect solution would be if the manufacturer of my tablets (Mylan) would custom make a taper strip.  Or if I could find a reliable scale where I could make such tiny reductions efficiently, daily (.01 mg).  The lower I get, the more complicated this seems to become, lol!  Deep breaths....

Candice -

I had problems doing all liquid that I made the first day so now I am tapering 1mg in liquid and taking the other 2mg in pill and will do this until I get down to 2mg - is working better for me. It's basically about tweaking things and finding what works best for you.

Let us know how things are going.

Hey, just wanted to check in here on day 18.  Pretty much over the upper respiratory infection and feeling good.  Was able to go to the gym yesterday and today.  I dumped my leftover Ativan in the Walgreens medication disposal kiosk yesterday which gave me a big psychological boost....done with it! :thumbsup:  Took some magnesium last night and slept 8.5 hrs.  Feeling a solid, positive vibe today.  Hope everyone is doing well here.

Hey, just wanted to check in here on day 18.  Pretty much over the upper respiratory infection and feeling good.  Was able to go to the gym yesterday and today.  I dumped my leftover Ativan in the Walgreens medication disposal kiosk yesterday which gave me a big psychological boost....done with it! :thumbsup:  Took some magnesium last night and slept 8.5 hrs.  Feeling a solid, positive vibe today.  Hope everyone is doing well here.

Thanks for keeping us updated, you are doing well, I am so happy for you. Good idea about the drug drop off...I have tons of Valium, I will do the same, after I walk off. 💖 Peace and Healing.

That is AWESOME Horizon - love that you got rid of the pills. Good riddance!!

I am so tempted by Magnesium but then I read that some people have a bad reaction to it. I know that I tried L-Theanine last night and it had no effect. Woke up at 4:30am and took another 100mg of L-Theanine and it sent me into bad morning anxiety that thankfully calmed down in a few hours. Supplements are so hard to figure out. I go down a rabbit hole researching them and then think I found one "safe" one and the ______ hits the fan.

I read the same about magnesium affecting people in negative ways.  I figured I would give it a try and it seems to work every now and then, sometimes has no effect.

Glad the Magnesium is working for you Horizon - I think supplements are probably better handled when one is off a benzo and not tapering (like me).

LOVE that you had a positive vibe today - so good to hear!

Thanks for keeping us updated, you are doing well, I am so happy for you. Good idea about the drug drop off...I have tons of Valium, I will do the same, after I walk off. 💖 Peace and Healing.

It was definitely a psychological boost.  I was off but now that I don't have any it means I am done.

[07...]
5 days into liquid micro taper & I’m pretty sure I feel better from having a way more steady dose in me. I wish I’d started this sooner.

[07...]

Awesome NMSafe, I hope if goes as smooth for you as it did for me....I was definitely wishing that I had started on DLMT to begin with.

Thank you so much! I'm SO GLAD you are doing well! :) I need to look at your siggy again. 

YOU are AWESOME NMSafe - love your energy.

It's so important to have a good outlook during this. I feel sorry for people in pain, my heart breaks for them, but I also think that they make things worse for themselves when posting about how they feel like they are dying...I try and help people on here when I feel bad. I do feel lucky that I have only had 3 s/x throughout this ordeal and they haven't changed and I am really only in a wave first thing in the morning. I know others suffer so much more. But when feeling bad, I try and lift myself up and remember the windows I have had and that I am for sure suffering but it could be worse.. And I focus the bad times into coming on here and trying to help the new people in the Introductions section - I campaign for everyone to do a DLMT and not a c/t or fast taper. Helping people with what little I know and have learned makes me feel better.  :)

Night everyone!

We ALL heal! Never forget that.

[07...]

YOU are AWESOME NMSafe - love your energy.

It's so important to have a good outlook during this. I feel sorry for people in pain, my heart breaks for them, but I also think that they make things worse for themselves when posting about how they feel like they are dying...I try and help people on here when I feel bad. I do feel lucky that I have only had 3 s/x throughout this ordeal and they haven't changed and I am really only in a wave first thing in the morning. I know others suffer so much more. But when feeling bad, I try and lift myself up and remember the windows I have had and that I am for sure suffering but it could be worse.. And I focus the bad times into coming on here and trying to help the new people in the Introductions section - I campaign for everyone to do a DLMT and not a c/t or fast taper. Helping people with what little I know and have learned makes me feel better.  :)

Night everyone!

We ALL heal! Never forget that.

Yeah, I hit a rough patch in Oct/Nov. I was cutting too fast and I was too stubborn to slow down until January hit me HARD. I'm very, very fortunate to have my husband, daughter and son-in-law who hold me close and listen to me, let me vent and validate me.  That makes such a huge difference, I'm sure, combined with my fight and faith (which has been tested, believe me). 

It was definitely a psychological boost.  I was off but now that I don't have any it means I am done.

Horizon, I assume you took the left over medication to the Pharmacy? Do they dispose of it in front of you? Just wondering...I have a lot of 2mg Valium horded. Thanks. :smitten:

Horizon, I assume you took the left over medication to the Pharmacy? Do they dispose of it in front of you? Just wondering...I have a lot of 2mg Valium horded. Thanks. :smitten:

Yes, I took it to Walgreen's pharmacy.  They didn't dispose of it in front of me, they have large metal box, kind of like a bank deposit box inside that you drop them in.  Not all of them have that though, I had to drive a bit to find one that did.

Hello everyone,

I haven't been here in quite a while!

I took my last dose of klonopin on February 16th, 0.00125mg, so truly just walked off. I very fortunately had a quite uneventful taper, I attribute this to gong super slow, especially towards the end. Just a month over two years on klonopin and a two year taper, might seem an excessively long taper to some, but I figured going super slow and listening to my body when I knew it wasn't ready for a cut was so much better than trying to be a hero speed demon and rushing off only to have a terrible time and possible updose again and again. I will forever be thankful for this forum, it really did get me through some rough patches, when I was so c fused and terrified I would spiral out of control again and again! There were days at the beginning of my taper that I would spend literally all my waking moments pouring over posts just looking for reassurance, and I found that and it was invaluable to me.

I will try my best to remember to come back from time to time, if only to remind those that were in the same place as I was two years ago that hope is not lost and with patience and perseverance benzo dependancy can be overcome!

Rosa, glad to hear that you had an uneventful taper and that your post benzo life is going well!  I was quite scared when I first came here as there are so many horror stories.  It is always reassuring to see that it is quite possible to get through this with a very minimal amount of pain.  Congratulations!!  :thumbsup:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ro...]
    • [Po...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [pe...]
    • [op...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [ca...]
    • [An...]