Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing pretty good here, can't complain at all.  I have had a little bit of anxiety off an on but nothing unmanageable at all.  Still working, exercising and able to carry on all my other "life stuff" without issue.

That is great. :thumbsup: 💖 Peace and Healing.

Doing pretty OK - no bad w/d s/x but anxious about life and seeing my doctor today and hoping to get Rx liquid Valium to do a DLMT - which is also making me a little anxious - oh well, better than horrible w/d s/x.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Saw my GP today, found out he’s totally onboard with a slow taper and even suggested holding few weeks to months if needed.  So I should have a solid supply of lorazepam for as long as needed.  So this is all good news, I think he has some benzo smarts and experience.

I switched my liquid density Saturday to prepare for a smaller/slower taper rate.  That and some movement in dosing times seems to have triggered a little instability and symptoms.  So sensitive to this stuff right now!  I’m planning to hold stable again for awhile and get more stable so I can hopefully return to work soon.

Take care everyone!

That's good news AZbill. I hope you are feeling well today.

Saw my GP today, found out he’s totally onboard with a slow taper and even suggested holding few weeks to months if needed.  So I should have a solid supply of lorazepam for as long as needed.  So this is all good news, I think he has some benzo smarts and experience.

I switched my liquid density Saturday to prepare for a smaller/slower taper rate.  That and some movement in dosing times seems to have triggered a little instability and symptoms.  So sensitive to this stuff right now!  I’m planning to hold stable again for awhile and get more stable so I can hopefully return to work soon.

Take care everyone!

:smitten:  :thumbsup:  :smitten:

Doing alright- tired but otherwise not too bad. Celebrating the last day I’ll be using liquid as part of my dose for a bit as I will be at exactly 4 mg tomorrow and taking a hold to stabilize. Noticing yet another scratchy throat- I’ve been so sick this winter. I’m hoping I didn’t pick up another kiddo germ this week.  I’m fortunate to be able to rest during the day while the kids are at school  :thumbsup:

Doing alright- tired but otherwise not too bad. Celebrating the last day I’ll be using liquid as part of my dose for a bit as I will be at exactly 4 mg tomorrow and taking a hold to stabilize. Noticing yet another scratchy throat- I’ve been so sick this winter. I’m hoping I didn’t pick up another kiddo germ this week.

Keep up the good work, it is hard being a Parent and tapering I am sure, one day, it will be all worth it. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing.

Doing pretty OK - no bad w/d s/x but anxious about life and seeing my doctor today and hoping to get Rx liquid Valium to do a DLMT - which is also making me a little anxious - oh well, better than horrible w/d s/x.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Hopefully you will get the liquid stuff but it is still very easy to do just dissolving the dry tabs.....you're good either way.

Thanks Horizon - I found out that Duane Reade carries the liquid so I should be good, fingers crossed.

A little nervous when I hear people have a bad reaction to switching to liquid but then many people are fine with the switch so who knows? I am not overly sensitive so hope i am OK!

And if not, I will use pills and make the liquid myself. I am hoping my doc gives me a prescription for the liquid and the pills too so I have a choice. Also getting a beta-blocker to have in case of emergencies but so wary of taking anything these days, including vitamins or supplements. I spent way too much money on hemp CBD oils and don't notice much either way.

When I switched to liquid I felt a little bit of a difference, nothing bad but could just tell there was a bit of a difference.  I held for a week on liquid at my dry dose just to be on the safe side before dropping.....everything went well though after that.

Just wanted to post something optimistic on this thread - even after a bad night with 2 hours of sleep (usually I get...5 hours...which I am grateful for).

I don't think my taper is "easy" but I do feel it is easier when I read how badly some people suffer (and my heart goes out to them).

Things that make my taper seem easier:

I am not bed-bound or housebound. I go out and walk around. I work (freelance now but still work every day). I do yoga when I have the energy and don't feel off-balanced. I walk a lot. I cook healthy food for myself.

My stomach is fine. No benzo belly or weird issues.

My biggest s/x are anxiety (especially in the morning), uneven sleep and waking up every day at 5am no matter what, a sense of depression that comes and goes, brain fog (also comes and goes) and a general "why me?" sadness when I spend too much time thinking about benzos. I try and avoid the horror stories but also support people on the board as much as possible - especially new people who want to taper fast. I campaign for a slow steady daily micro-taper as those people seem to suffer the least and be able to step off and be OK.

...I do live life when I taper. I watch TV and movies, I read, I interact in the real world and try and always see and imagine the light at the end of this tunnel.

I feel very lucky. And I try and manifest this positive outlook into the future and don't get panicked like I used to about stepping off and having a horrible time. I think a slow taper where you are functioning means that stepping off will not be painful. I am so thankful I did not have to cold turkey or do a rapid taper. We are blessed that we had the information to taper slow and steady and survive and one day we will all be benzo-free.

Sending LOVE and HEALING to all.

Very positive and healthy perspective.  Keep at it!

Just checking in:  Day 8 here, feeling good this morning.  Very little if any anxiety, slept almost 7 hours.  ;D

Congrats dude.  I am now at 0.06 and planning on stepping off next weekend =) I too have found my sleep improving.

[17...]
My sleep too gets better the lower I go! I never had insomnia prior to this, so maybe the return of my normal sleep. I hope everyone continues to get better !

Just checking in:  Day 8 here, feeling good this morning.  Very little if any anxiety, slept almost 7 hours.  ;D

Congrats dude.  I am now at 0.06 and planning on stepping off next weekend =) I too have found my sleep improving.

Awesome....keep us posted.

That's great, Roland!

My sleep too gets better the lower I go! I never had insomnia prior to this, so maybe the return of my normal sleep. I hope everyone continues to get better !

[17...]
I think a huge part of this for me is a doctor who believes me and totally justifies how I feel. I feel like if more people had this support it would totally change the experience. I’m totally in control of my taper based on my symptoms and am able to see my doctor weekly to discuss how I am feeling. I wish everyone had this as it makes a fundamental difference.

I think a huge part of this for me is a doctor who believes me and totally justifies how I feel. I feel like if more people had this support it would totally change the experience. I’m totally in control of my taper based on my symptoms and am able to see my doctor weekly to discuss how I am feeling. I wish everyone had this as it makes a fundamental difference.

I agree, I only see my Doctor every 3 months and he is on board with how I am tapering and does not give me any grief..I still have a stockpile of Valium anyway. He even said a low dose for my Meniere's is OK, but I want off. It really does take the pressure off if your Doctor is on board. Of course laws are different and more are not wanting to do the paperwork for the Government, I would think. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

[74...]
I’ve wanted to do a liquid titration off the last of my Klonopin, but I have a limited supply. My doctor who used to prescribe my Klonopin lost his license (traumatic ordeal for many of his patients) and after that, I began seeing a prescribing psychologist who ended up being completely unprofessional and downright MEAN. I quit seeing her and chose not to get another doctor. I’m down to approximately.320 mg of Klonopin and have maybe 85 1 mg tablets possibly more- I should count them. Reading the liquid titration boards makes my brain explode lol. I went through a really rough patch with depression and such since November and I’m getting reliving major ways for the past 10 days. I don’t know whether to continue inexact dry cutting (who knows how much active ingredient is in 1/5 of a tablet for instance) or to do liquid and just pray this goes well. Thanks for letting me vent here.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Be...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ti...]
    • [Av...]