Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

Thanks for dropping in Cantfly - you are showing signs of improvement which is great and very inspiring.

I know the feeling of toxic naps - I avoid napping now because I don't really nap and feel worse after. It's hard but I just stay awake.

Hope you have a great Sunday :)

Thanks Sober..

lol, its now Monday here, -and bed time... :(

Your right, they arent realy "naps".. But I only need to reach the point of drifting off to relax my guts and muscles... The rest I roll with because for me it feels like healing time, and I can control it by getting up, or even lessen it by waking up a bit more.. -but thats taking a bit of practice I must admit...

I imagine its not as intense as what you experience...

I hope things keep improving for you as you chip away at it...

:)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Cantly - have a great sleep. You must be far away - I a on the east coast in the US. :)

Going for a long walk in the cold soon - always helps!

I'll be stepping off in about 2 weeks at .03 mg Klonopin. Woohoo!

"Woohoo! indeed." Best to you on your continued Journey to Wellness. 💖 Peace and Healing.

Just wanted to update to provide another account of how it goes after hopping off:

Wed: - Felt anxiety, trouble sleeping, First "sxs" I had felt since August.  Everything had been very smooth up to this point.

Thursday: - Felt anxiety and realized that it was probably the anticipation of being off that was causing it rather than the actual withdrawal. Decided to go ahead and hop off at .02 and be done with it.  I immediately felt better.

Friday (+24 hours) - Felt tense all day and a bit of anxiety at night.  I took a couple of extra strength Tylenol which knocked out the anxious feeling and was able to sleep about 6 hours.  I still think the anxiety was me anticipating something bad happening.

Saturday(+48 hours) -Feeling very good so far, very little anxiety or other symptoms.  A little head pressure but I think that is from the weather changing radically here in Florida.

I probably will be walking off at the dose you did, I do not want to walk off any sooner, I decided long ago I would walk off in fumes....and so far doing that. Many say there is no sx this low, but I have noticed an uptick in my Meniere's disease, the reason I was put on Valium. I am not sure if it is post sinus infection...or like I said an uptick. I may end up holding longer if it keeps getting worse...but I am sure I will be overthinking a bit when I get as low as I can go, but I hope not too much...but we will see. You have done well, just breathe and relax...you are off. :thumbsup: 💖Peace and Healing.

BG, Yes, as you of course know it is far better to err on the conservative side with Benzos.  Yesterday I was feeling better than I have in a couple of decades, today I feel a bit irritable.  That could be from the fact that I haven't slept as well as I was pre jump, only getting around 5 hours for the past few nights.  Feeling quite a bit better after a good bike ride.

Hi Guys... :)

More new faces..!  -Soon well be a mob.. Harmonee, -dont roll your eyes.. :)

Wishing the best to those jumping.. -ooops -Stepping n sliding off... (must have been in the trenches too long..)

And those getting close too... :)

lol, BG, Carefull what you wish for... By conversion, you are at Horizons Ativan stepping off dose..!!

-Well done Horizon...  -A huge mile stone reached..!!

As most of you know... (sorry)

I had to slow right down at low dose too, and stepped off feeling pretty good, -starting to get out and about in life..

Post Valium went fairly well, no nasty suprises... Well, life conspired against me, but the fact I survived that speaks volumes for a slow taper, Imo..

I did have symptoms, and some were new, but overall the intensity and length was much like previous cuts...

At about 4 months things got much better, and I moved on to my final jump off lyrica.. -That hasnt gone quite so well...  But Im surviving... (I pushed too fast)

I was tapering 2meds while in tolerance on another, and the main thing I wanted to say was, -What an amazing ability the body has to heal when given enough time and support..  Even if things do get rough, just relax through it and let the body do its thing... -All will be well..

***Recently..

The last few days, sleep has improved a bit.. Light sensitivity isnt so bad, and a few other indications that im steadying out a bit from the last wave... The physical "anxiety" has started to retreat into some pretty intense afternoon toxic naps, which im taking as a real good sign, esp. as its nearly gone from my mornings and days... 

Its funny, I have been here before, actually several times before I joined BB, but I had no idea what it all was apart from feeling real bad from various WDs..  A lot of it was all mixed in with the mess from dropping 75% V before I even found BB.. A great thing I have gotten from this site is the information to kinda put it all together, -which gives me the ability to not over worry and even let it all go to an extent... It also reinforced how different we all are, and that its much better to trust my own taper, than worry about suffering what others may be experiencing...

Its hard to explain what that first bit of real healing is like.. For me it was a mental freshness, and after that I just knew it would all be ok in the end...

You guys will all get there too... -Just wait and see..!  :)

And thats more than enough of a blurt from me... :(

Its just good to drop in and read from you all...  Wishing Everyone the best...

Cant, Good to see that you are doing better.  Question:  What has been your worst symptom since getting off?

Just wanted to update to provide another account of how it goes after hopping off:

Wed: - Felt anxiety, trouble sleeping, First "sxs" I had felt since August.  Everything had been very smooth up to this point.

Thursday: - Felt anxiety and realized that it was probably the anticipation of being off that was causing it rather than the actual withdrawal. Decided to go ahead and hop off at .02 and be done with it.  I immediately felt better.

Friday (+24 hours) - Felt tense all day and a bit of anxiety at night.  I took a couple of extra strength Tylenol which knocked out the anxious feeling and was able to sleep about 6 hours.  I still think the anxiety was me anticipating something bad happening.

Saturday(+48 hours) -Feeling very good so far, very little anxiety or other symptoms.  A little head pressure but I think that is from the weather changing radically here in Florida.

Sunday - Into day four here.  Yesterday I felt absolutely amazing.  I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked last night however which could be responsible for how I feel to day.  I don't really feel bad, certainly nothing like I did back in June and July,  just a bit irritated and on edge.  I did a bike ride which seems to have helped quite a bit.  Also going to the gym later on. Hopefully this exercise will help me get a bit more sleep tonight.

Hi Guys... :)

More new faces..!  -Soon well be a mob.. Harmonee, -dont roll your eyes.. :)

Wishing the best to those jumping.. -ooops -Stepping n sliding off... (must have been in the trenches too long..)

And those getting close too... :)

lol, BG, Carefull what you wish for... By conversion, you are at Horizons Ativan stepping off dose..!!

-Well done Horizon...  -A huge mile stone reached..!!

As most of you know... (sorry)

I had to slow right down at low dose too, and stepped off feeling pretty good, -starting to get out and about in life..

Post Valium went fairly well, no nasty suprises... Well, life conspired against me, but the fact I survived that speaks volumes for a slow taper, Imo..

I did have symptoms, and some were new, but overall the intensity and length was much like previous cuts...

At about 4 months things got much better, and I moved on to my final jump off lyrica.. -That hasnt gone quite so well...  But Im surviving... (I pushed too fast)

I was tapering 2meds while in tolerance on another, and the main thing I wanted to say was, -What an amazing ability the body has to heal when given enough time and support..  Even if things do get rough, just relax through it and let the body do its thing... -All will be well..

***Recently..

The last few days, sleep has improved a bit.. Light sensitivity isnt so bad, and a few other indications that im steadying out a bit from the last wave... The physical "anxiety" has started to retreat into some pretty intense afternoon toxic naps, which im taking as a real good sign, esp. as its nearly gone from my mornings and days... 

Its funny, I have been here before, actually several times before I joined BB, but I had no idea what it all was apart from feeling real bad from various WDs..  A lot of it was all mixed in with the mess from dropping 75% V before I even found BB.. A great thing I have gotten from this site is the information to kinda put it all together, -which gives me the ability to not over worry and even let it all go to an extent... It also reinforced how different we all are, and that its much better to trust my own taper, than worry about suffering what others may be experiencing...

Its hard to explain what that first bit of real healing is like.. For me it was a mental freshness, and after that I just knew it would all be ok in the end...

You guys will all get there too... -Just wait and see..!  :)

And thats more than enough of a blurt from me... :(

Its just good to drop in and read from you all...  Wishing Everyone the best...

Cant, Good to see that you are doing better.  Question:  What has been your worst symptom since getting off?

Hiya..

Probably Fatigue... and the effects on my GI (slowing of)...  The sudden onset of anxiety was a shock too, but thats pretty muddy as a huge unresolved stress event happened 2wks post V...

All in all, I think things would have been fine without the added lyrica tapering, which I assume was still helping with reducing the V SX to an extent...

Sorry, it all got a bit messy for clear answers... But between 0.25V and when I stepped up the last of the lyrica reductions a few months post V I was doing quite well.. Out n about, riding, camping, getting jobs done... -It was a 99% improvement over past yrs, despite all the little SX like brain acrobatics, shrinking, zaps, pressure and fog, etc.. But there was the new anxiety, and the added "event" over-rode everything...

I do remember I felt a bit yuck between week 1 and 2, the actual medicine WD period..

I took V as a muscle relaxant, not sleep or anxiety..

Hope that helps..?  -(If my taper buddy wants to add anything, feel free... :) )

Hiya..

Probably Fatigue... and the effects on my GI (slowing of)...  The sudden onset of anxiety was a shock too, but thats pretty muddy as a huge unresolved stress event happened 2wks post V...

All in all, I think things would have been fine without the added lyrica tapering, which I assume was still helping with reducing the V SX to an extent...

Sorry, it all got a bit messy for clear answers... But between 0.25V and when I stepped up the last of the lyrica reductions a few months post V I was doing quite well.. Out n about, riding, camping, getting jobs done... -It was a 99% improvement over past yrs, despite all the little SX like brain acrobatics, shrinking, zaps, pressure and fog, etc.. But there was the new anxiety, and the added "event" over-rode everything...

I do remember I felt a bit yuck between week 1 and 2, the actual medicine WD period..

I took V as a muscle relaxant, not sleep or anxiety..

Hope that helps..?  -(If my taper buddy wants to add anything, feel free... :) )

Yes, thanks for the account.  I find that I tend to stress myself out in anticipation of this going bad, which doesn't appear to be happening.  I am looking to get out more into the outdoors and do some camping coming up here.  I find that getting outside always helps.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, If you can manage it, and it gives enjoyment.. -Its a great thing...

My main struggle is with the motivation and getting started.. :( -no reward for effort chemistry..

Even the fun of getting back on a dirt bike wasnt there to start with.. But it did come with time...

We get spoilt here in Aust...

Hi Folks

I thought I’d join this thread, I’m a short term Ativan user doing daily liquid microtaper.  I am just now stabilizing after 6 weeks of awful WD symptoms due to rapid taper and uneven dosing back in December.  I am feeling pretty good and hoping for an easy taper now although it’s early.  Maybe joining will make it so!

I’m starting the taper now very slowly, .002 mg per day and will do a symptoms based taper. At this point, just occasional mild symptoms anymore, including twinges of anxiety, tiredness and chest tightnes.

I wish you all well in your recovery.

Hi Folks

I thought I’d join this thread, I’m a short term Ativan user doing daily liquid microtaper.  I am just now stabilizing after 6 weeks of awful WD symptoms due to rapid taper and uneven dosing back in December.  I am feeling pretty good and hoping for an easy taper now although it’s early.  Maybe joining will make it so!

I’m starting the taper now very slowly, .002 mg per day and will do a symptoms based taper. At this point, just occasional mild symptoms anymore, including twinges of anxiety, tiredness and chest tightnes.

"Welcome," sounds like a good plan. Stay Strong.💖 Peace and Healing.

Hi Folks

It definitely sounds like you are now on the right track.  Stay the course and you will be off before you know it.  For me at least taking a couple of aspirin or a tylenol knocks out most of the sxs when they crop up.

Congratulations Horizon - very inspired by your posts.

Today, after 2 or 3 crap days...is a, dare I say it...window of sorts. Feel almost 80% myself. I guess the hold at 3mg helped and hopefully I am stable on this until I switch to liquid V for a daily micro-taper. It's nice to feel somewhat normal during this taper - reminds me of what life will be like down the road.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

I have been on this forum since 2012 and just now ran onto this blog. So glad I did. How refreshing to read some good post on tapering. I follow some Facebook groups too and many are very discouraging to read. I always look to see what a persons history is, their signature but that’s hard to do with Facebook groups. Many things can come in to play when withdrawing from these drugs, c/ t, cutting too much too fast, other meds. Anyway happy to find this blog.

Jackie  :smitten: :smitten:

Today, after 2 or 3 crap days...is a, dare I say it...window of sorts. Feel almost 80% myself. I guess the hold at 3mg helped and hopefully I am stable on this until I switch to liquid V for a daily micro-taper. It's nice to feel somewhat normal during this taper - reminds me of what life will be like down the road.

Thank you!  I am glad my posts are helping.  I didn't want to come of as sounding self absorbed.  I just want to post as I knew that seeing others posts, those who were getting through this was very important to me as I went through the process. 

Glad to see that you are starting to stabilize.  I would recommend waiting at least a week once you switch over to liquid to allow your body to adjust.  I had a few people tell me there was no need for that but when I first switched I did feel a need to hold.  Nothing major, but taking benzo via liquid did feel a bit different for me at least.

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thank you!  I am glad my posts are helping.  I didn't want to come of as sounding self absorbed.  I just want to post as I knew that seeing others posts, those who were getting through this was very important to me as I went through the process. 

Glad to see that you are starting to stabilize.  I would recommend waiting at least a week once you switch over to liquid to allow your body to adjust.  I had a few people tell me there was no need for that but when I first switched I did feel a need to hold.  Nothing major, but taking benzo via liquid did feel a bit different for me at least.

Horizon, how are you doing today? :smitten:

I have been on this forum since 2012 and just now ran onto this blog. So glad I did. How refreshing to read some good post on tapering. I follow some Facebook groups too and many are very discouraging to read. I always look to see what a persons history is, their signature but that’s hard to do with Facebook groups. Many things can come in to play when withdrawing from these drugs, c/ t, cutting too much too fast, other meds. Anyway happy to find this blog.

:smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:

Doing pretty good thanks for asking.  Slept better last night (7 hrs).  Had a little bit of anxiety this morning but nothing major.  I didn't need to take anything though for it though, it kind of lifted around 9:30 on its own and I have felt pretty much normal since that.  How's by you?

Hi, Jackie. Glad you found us. You make a very good point. Look at signatures! It helps to keep things in perspective. :thumbsup:

Doing pretty good thanks for asking.  Slept better last night (7 hrs).  Had a little bit of anxiety this morning but nothing major.  I didn't need to take anything though for it though, it kind of lifted around 9:30 on its own and I have felt pretty much normal since that.  How's by you?

SO glad you are doing so well Horizon. I had a good day today after 2 crap days so I am happy about that. And very happy you're post-jump is going so well!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Os...]
    • [Si...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [An...]
    • [ta...]
    • [No...]
    • [sm...]
    • [An...]