Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

Hi All,

Love reading all the posts here.  Over all, I think I am very fortunate that I am doing as well as I am. I am tapering off Klonopin and after the first few months of figuring things out I am on a somewhat even keel afa prepping my liquid K and drawing up the doses every 1-2 weeks. I think because of the daily liquid micro-taper, my symptoms are easier than if I was doing cut/hold. I couldn't deal with thinking about an up-coming cut and subsequent sxs. :o

I am semi retired and now I work seasonally with kids. Summer in the woods all day and winter teaching skiing. When I am working I am extremely active either hiking or on the slopes and I have little symptoms. I know I am not myself, people close to me notice at times I am sad, but for the most part I am distracted when I am with the kids.

However, on my days off I have terrible depression/anxiety/invasive thoughts. I am so exhausted from the physical activity of my work I can't do anything physical, I really need those days to replenish physically, especially since I lost so much weight and muscle before starting my taper due to tolerance withdrawal. I try to be kind to myself but I keep thinking that I am making the sxs up on those days....like I must be faking.

Can anyone relate to this?

Juelli

Welcome, juelli! I'm so glad that you have worked out a gentle system of tapering that allows to you work, especially with children. It sounds wonderful.

I can understand your feelings. I also find if I exert myself one day, I crash the next and need to take it easy. I've learned to mostly accept that. You are doing so much that it is natural you need days off to replenish yourself. It would be good if you could find something distracting for those days, something that doesn't require a lot of energy but will enable you to change the channel from the discouraging thoughts. Those kind of thoughts are a normal part of tapering. And when those thoughts come, tell yourself they are normal and they will pass. Then change the channel. Distraction is key to this. Over and over and over until it becomes a habit. The thoughts come and quickly you remember to change the channel. With practice, it will get easier and quicker.

You are doing great with your work and microtapering system. I wish you continued success and a gentle walk off at the end.

Gardie :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Love reading all the posts here.  Over all, I think I am very fortunate that I am doing as well as I am. I am tapering off Klonopin and after the first few months of figuring things out I am on a somewhat even keel afa prepping my liquid K and drawing up the doses every 1-2 weeks. I think because of the daily liquid micro-taper, my symptoms are easier than if I was doing cut/hold. I couldn't deal with thinking about an up-coming cut and subsequent sxs. :o

I am semi retired and now I work seasonally with kids. Summer in the woods all day and winter teaching skiing. When I am working I am extremely active either hiking or on the slopes and I have little symptoms. I know I am not myself, people close to me notice at times I am sad, but for the most part I am distracted when I am with the kids.

However, on my days off I have terrible depression/anxiety/invasive thoughts. I am so exhausted from the physical activity of my work I can't do anything physical, I really need those days to replenish physically, especially since I lost so much weight and muscle before starting my taper due to tolerance withdrawal. I try to be kind to myself but I keep thinking that I am making the sxs up on those days....like I must be faking.

Juelli

[glow=red,2,300]"Welcome Juelli",[/glow] glad that you found this thread. It is great that when you work you are engaged and distracted, so if you can do that then....I think with time you can do it on your off days too. The thoughts of making up sx's is not your fault, it is benzo lies...the drug lies to you...it does not want you to get off...it will tell you all kinds of things to delay you, and mostly benzo lies want you to feel bad. So as Gardie said do not listen to the channel, turn it off...talk to the thoughts and let them know that you are not going to listen anymore...it takes work...but you can do it. Keep busy with something you like to do, that is relaxing and not physical, and have patience that by changing your thoughts you can turn around the benzo lies. Best to You. 💖 Peace and Healing.

Hi All,

Juelli

Welcome, juelli! I'm so glad that you have worked out a gentle system of tapering that allows to you work, especially with children. It sounds wonderful.

I can understand your feelings. I also find if I exert myself one day, I crash the next and need to take it easy. I've learned to mostly accept that. You are doing so much that it is natural you need days off to replenish yourself. It would be good if you could find something distracting for those days, something that doesn't require a lot of energy but will enable you to change the channel from the discouraging thoughts. Those kind of thoughts are a normal part of tapering. And when those thoughts come, tell yourself they are normal and they will pass. Then change the channel. Distraction is key to this. Over and over and over until it becomes a habit. The thoughts come and quickly you remember to change the channel. With practice, it will get easier and quicker.

You are doing great with your work and microtapering system. I wish you continued success and a gentle walk off at the end.

Thank you so much, Gardie! Im glad I'm here, too. I will work on this! :thumbsup:

"Welcome SoberHope", I have found that we must make choices with tapering...and the best thing for me, was to find the best taper plan for me, and adjust as necessary. And not to get swept away on all the things that could happen...granted we do not know day to day some of the things that will come our way, but I am not going to let those things bring me down. Right now we are battling to get back to our Life back and be benzo Free. "Accepting the Process of Healing...Time and Patience, and being Grateful"..even in the bad times...it helped me to get stronger and all have served me well. Best to you. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

"Welcome Juelli", glad that you found this thread. It is great that when you work you are engaged and distracted, so if you can do that then....I think with time you can do it on your off days too. The thoughts of making up sx's is not your fault, it is benzo lies...the drug lies to you...it does not want you to get off...it will tell you all kinds of things to delay you, and mostly benzo lies want you to feel bad. So as Gardie said do not listen to the channel, turn it off...talk to the thoughts and let them know that you are not going to listen anymore...it takes work...but you can do it. Keep busy with something you like to do, that is relaxing and not physical, and have patience that by changing your thoughts you can turn around the benzo lies. Best to You. 💖 Peace and Healing.

"Placing my response to both of you, somehow you both missed my posts..." :smitten:

Thanks begood!

My biggest dilemma is that many think I am tapering too fast. I followed Ashton and cut from 10mg last October (1mg cuts every 7-10 days) and I am now at 2.5mg. I haven't had a rough taper so listening to my body as much as possible and have been able to handle these cuts. I plan on going from 2.5mg to 0 in about 3 months, using Tapering Strips to do a daily micro taper from 2mg-1mg in 28 days and then 1mg to 0 in 28 days (after I finish tapering from 2.5 for 10 days then 2mg for 10 days. so 66 days total about.

Does this seem too fast? I don't want to rush things but so far my body has handled this.

Thanks!

Thanks begood!

My biggest dilemma is that many think I am tapering too fast. I followed Ashton and cut from 10mg last October (1mg cuts every 7-10 days) and I am now at 2.5mg. I haven't had a rough taper so listening to my body as much as possible and have been able to handle these cuts. I plan on going from 2.5mg to 0 in about 3 months, using Tapering Strips to do a daily micro taper from 2mg-1mg in 28 days and then 1mg to 0 in 28 days (after I finish tapering from 2.5 for 10 days then 2mg for 10 days. so 66 days total about.

Does this seem too fast? I don't want to rush things but so far my body has handled this.

Thanks!

A wise person once said if you think it...it is so, but this is your taper, and if you feel OK and not having sx, then do what you have been doing. There are two types of people that give advice...those that want to scare you and are mean...and those that have been in the rabbit hole and want to keep others out, wishing someone had told them the truth. The thing about Valium, it will bite you in the butt, maybe not right away and then sometimes one is lucky and can get off without problems...but further down. But you asked does it seem too fast, yes it is for most, and the biggest thing I see that you have made a timeline, and in benzo land that has been knocked down many times over and over. So if it is working for you proceed, but be wary of sx and if they increase you will have to stop tapering, but you know this. Keep busy and try do the best you can each day, and believe that hopefully you are one of the lucky ones that can get off without many problems, I am rooting for you. BTW I have no idea when my last vapor dose will be, just don't care, I just do not want to visit Hell for the third time.

It would really help if you placed your sig with your medical history with benzo's, then you would not have to write it out, it would be there for others to read and decide if they can help, it does make a difference. Best to you, Believe that you can. 💖 Peace and Healing.

Thanks begood - I had a setback last night because I took NyQuil to help me sleep and I feel awful this morning - never again will I take NyQuil. I am going to go slower now in my taper. And I will update my signature. Thanks so much!

Hi Guys... :)

Just wanted to drop in cos you are all so fantastic..!! :)

Nice to see new faces here too..!!

:)

Still day by day for me atm, but its all understandable...

Will see how well I can keep up.. -still monoposting.. :(

I hope you are all well, and a special get well to BG..

Hi Guys... :)

Just wanted to drop in cos you are all so fantastic..!! :)

Nice to see new faces here too..!!

Still day by day for me atm, but its all understandable...

Will see how well I can keep up.. -still monoposting.. :(

I hope you are all well, and a special get well to BG..

Good to see you, Cant.  :hug:

Thanks begood - I had a setback last night because I took NyQuil to help me sleep and I feel awful this morning - never again will I take NyQuil. I am going to go slower now in my taper. And I will update my signature. Thanks so much!

Stay Strong. :smitten:

"Welcome SoberHope", I have found that we must make choices with tapering...and the best thing for me, was to find the best taper plan for me, and adjust as necessary. And not to get swept away on all the things that could happen...granted we do not know day to day some of the things that will come our way, but I am not going to let those things bring me down. Right now we are battling to get back to our Life back and be benzo Free. "Accepting the Process of Healing...Time and Patience, and being Grateful"..even in the bad times...it helped me to get stronger and all have served me well. Best to you. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

"Welcome Juelli", glad that you found this thread. It is great that when you work you are engaged and distracted, so if you can do that then....I think with time you can do it on your off days too. The thoughts of making up sx's is not your fault, it is benzo lies...the drug lies to you...it does not want you to get off...it will tell you all kinds of things to delay you, and mostly benzo lies want you to feel bad. So as Gardie said do not listen to the channel, turn it off...talk to the thoughts and let them know that you are not going to listen anymore...it takes work...but you can do it. Keep busy with something you like to do, that is relaxing and not physical, and have patience that by changing your thoughts you can turn around the benzo lies. Best to You. 💖 Peace and Healing.

"Placing my response to both of you, somehow you both missed my posts..." :smitten:

Thank you Begood! Hmmm...i saw you first post and responded + now I can't find it.  :-\  Anyway, I appreciate your reply. I do need to get a more positive internal conversation going!

Juelli

Hey Gardie, wise words indeed!!  :smitten:

Harmonee

Thank you Begood! Hmmm...i saw you first post and responded + now I can't find it.  :-\  Anyway, I appreciate your reply. I do need to get a more positive internal conversation going!

Juelli

No worries Juelli, posts get lost. Hope you had a nice day. Stay Strong. :smitten:

Just wanted to let you all know...I am out of the 0.20's and officially today "0.19mg" of Valium. I am so happy to be down, still have a long way to go, as you know I am not rushing anything. I will continue to "turtle off" to fumes...and I know that I will have company. 💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

graphics-turtles-396889.gif

Great news begood.

I am going to hold longer on this current dose and go down much much slower - I think the slower one tapers, the less painful it is and also makes being benzo-free easier with less w/d s/x - so slow slow slow is my new method. I was having trouble with 2.5 so (sadly) had to go back up to 3.0 and now going to taper slowly down from there. When I got mad about this, I reminded myself that I was taking 10mg in October and now I am 70% down which is pretty huge. Things are better now for the most part.

I also talked to my doctor about switching to liquid Valium when I get back so I can taper much slower towards the end - liquid Valium can be used with water. I just want to go slow and be able to function.

Thanks again everyone - hope you are all having a great weekend!

Great news begood.

I am going to hold longer on this current dose and go down much much slower - I think the slower one tapers, the less painful it is and also makes being benzo-free easier with less w/d s/x - so slow slow slow is my new method. I was having trouble with 2.5 so (sadly) had to go back up to 3.0 and now going to taper slowly down from there. When I got mad about this, I reminded myself that I was taking 10mg in October and now I am 70% down which is pretty huge. Things are better now for the most part.

I also talked to my doctor about switching to liquid Valium when I get back so I can taper much slower towards the end - liquid Valium can be used with water. I just want to go slow and be able to function.

Thanks again everyone - hope you are all having a great weekend!

Keep up the good work, you are doing what I had to do, revisiting my taper and making better decisions...and it has worked so well for me. You will be fine...just take your time. :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [ns...]
    • [...]
    • [he...]
    • [No...]
    • [Er...]
    • [bo...]