Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

I just wanted to check in with some good news - this wave seems to finally be lifting! It feels so real (and so permanent) when it's overwhelming in the moment, but today my anxiety is much lower and I'm nowhere near as irritable or moody. I have more energy and motivation, I can focus better...I am so relieved! Withdrawal symptoms have been different since jumping so I've had trouble maintaining perspective. Thanks for cheering me up when I needed it!

How are all the lovely folks in this thread?

Gwinna

That's wonderful, Gwinna!

I'm holding and doing OK. Waves less intense. Nice window the other day.

Gardie :smitten:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to check in with some good news - this wave seems to finally be lifting! It feels so real (and so permanent) when it's overwhelming in the moment, but today my anxiety is much lower and I'm nowhere near as irritable or moody. I have more energy and motivation, I can focus better...I am so relieved! Withdrawal symptoms have been different since jumping so I've had trouble maintaining perspective. Thanks for cheering me up when I needed it!

Gwinna

That's so fantastic to read about Gwinna! 

SS

Begood, that's so sweet you saw my cookie post :)🍪

I truly believe it is the simplest things that make the world go around.  Pockets of Good everywhere :angel:

I slipped in the street once and hit the ground hard - started crying immediately. In front of my nose a hand appeared - someone who saw me go down and responded. 

I remember this fondly  :)

:hug::mybuddy::hug::smitten:

Gwinna

Oh such wonderful news, you have made my evening...it is so true..that when we are feeling the worse and think we can not go on...things change. Of course whilst going through it...we can not see an end...but it does...so happy for you and I know you are gaining a wealth of tools to cope, and if things get wonky, remember just how far you have come...You got this. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi guys,

I thought I’d check in and report some really awesome news. For the past week or two, I’ve been feeling close to healed. I keep asking myself- how is this possible?  I’m still tapering?  Is this a window?  But I’ve had windows, and this does not feel like simply a window.

I’ve made a conscious decision to look at myself as healed. I think it’s making a huge impact in my actual healing. This decision came after the clouds parted and for the first time since I began this process, I had this understanding come over me that life is so open, I am so free to live my life in any way I wish. Nothing can hold me back. I began really embracing the expansiveness of life- allowing it to open up and I began saying yes to all of the things that I want to do with my life. I have dreams and plans again, and they feel attainable and exciting. I’ve been invited to do work that I’ve always wanted to do. The more I say yes, the more life keeps opening up. And I keep showing up.

I’m noticing that I’m not as tired as I used to be. I’ve also lost that apathetic feeling. I don’t feel anywhere near as irritable. I feel life is limitless. The end of suffering is not just ‘in sight’, it truly feels like it has arrived. I do have some “symptoms” that pop up but they feel like less intense versions of themselves if that makes any sense?  I feel my vitality returning, I feel myself returning. It’s marvelous. I’ve made an agreement with myself that I am going to live my best life.

I know I have a ways to go (maybe), to get to the end of this taper as I’m microtapering .01 mg every day (down to 4.9 mg of Valium now).  I’m wondering if I might speed it up some if this keeps going the way that it has began to turn.

Im glad I can share my happy news here 🤗

Hi guys,

I thought I’d check in and report some really awesome news. For the past week or two, I’ve been feeling close to healed. I keep asking myself- how is this possible?  I’m still tapering?  Is this a window?  But I’ve had windows, and this does not feel like simply a window.

I’ve made a conscious decision to look at myself as healed. I think it’s making a huge impact in my actual healing. This decision came after the clouds parted and for the first time since I began this process, I had this understanding come over me that life is so open, I am so free to live my life in any way I wish. Nothing can hold me back. I began really embracing the expansiveness of life- allowing it to open up and I began saying yes to all of the things that I want to do with my life. I have dreams and plans again, and they feel attainable and exciting. I’ve been invited to do work that I’ve always wanted to do. The more I say yes, the more life keeps opening up. And I keep showing up.

I’m noticing that I’m not as tired as I used to be. I’ve also lost that apathetic feeling. I don’t feel anywhere near as irritable. I feel life is limitless. The end of suffering is not just ‘in sight’, it truly feels like it has arrived. I do have some “symptoms” that pop up but they feel like less intense versions of themselves if that makes any sense?  I feel my vitality returning, I feel myself returning. It’s marvelous. I’ve made an agreement with myself that I am going to live my best life.

I know I have a ways to go (maybe), to get to the end of this taper as I’m microtapering .01 mg every day (down to 4.9 mg of Valium now).  I’m wondering if I might speed it up some if this keeps going the way that it has began to turn.

Im glad I can share my happy news here 🤗

Such a wonderful uplifting post, thank you for sharing. Your attitude will help you on your Journey, such a gift you have, embrace it and enjoy each moment of living your best life. About speeding up your taper....if it ain't broke...leave it alone, is my thinking..enjoy what is working. 💖 Peace and Healing.

That's great, Candice!  :thumbsup: I'm glad you feel you have turned a corner, I felt similarly towards the end of my taper. For me, the windows come and go but they are longer and brighter each time, and the waves are less severe. Whether or not you are fully healed, that positive attitude will take you far in this journey! You should be proud of yourself for how far you've come, you've got this!

Gwinna

This is my better-late-than-never wish to everyone for a pleasant and peaceful Thanksgiving weekend.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fteeshirtpalace-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fspree%2Fimages%2FFTNR923-BLACK-AT-DESIGN%2Flarge%2FFTNR923-BLACK-AT-DESIGN.jpg%3F1508270835&f=1

And to you, gardener!

some flowers for you

animaatjes-flowers-201610.gif

I am holding again, as promised. Not going to rush this. Had a really nasty wave yesterday. Feeling better this morning. As I look back, my new "nasty waves" are nothing compared to what I use to go through before I did my long hold and slow down. Slow and steady wins the race!

Just chiming in here.  I had a difficult taper in the beginning when I was dry cutting.  Things got much smoother (most of the time I don't even realize that I am tapering) once I started a liquid micro-taper.  I believe that and a lot of exercise has made the difference.

I am holding again, as promised. Not going to rush this. Had a really nasty wave yesterday. Feeling better this morning. As I look back, my new "nasty waves" are nothing compared to what I use to go through before I did my long hold and slow down. Slow and steady wins the race!

That is great Gardie!!...the key word...no "Rush", you will be fine. Stay Strong.💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Just chiming in here.  I had a difficult taper in the beginning when I was dry cutting.  Things got much smoother (most of the time I don't even realize that I am tapering) once I started a liquid micro-taper.  I believe that and a lot of exercise has made the difference.

Great...good attitude you have...and I believe you got this. Keep up the good job. :thumbsup: 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Great...good attitude you have...and I believe you got this. Keep up the good job. :thumbsup: 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks for the kind words.  I really hope it continues to go smooth, the beginning was more than I could handle.  I see that you are near the end yourself, best of luck with that and I hope that we are both able to walk off gently.  :thumbsup:

I have a question about vision for other long holders / slow taperers. I've been on a long hold and about a year ago or so my overall symptoms went way down. And yet I felt like I was still having trouble with derealization. Not, like, mentally, but the world felt like it was behind a wall of glass.

Recently I wondered if my vision had simply changed in the middle of all this nonsense. I've been 20/15 most of my life, but I hadn't felt normal for almost 4 years, so it seemed plausible that my vision had changed.

Anyway, I had my eyes checked and sure enough they showed I needed glasses. A very slight prescription.

I picked them up today and everything is much more clear, but now I'm wondering about something. Two things seem possible to me.

#1 - My vision changed in the midst of my taper and all this other stuff and I just didn't notice because I had so much going on and it seemed similar enough to symptoms I'd experienced before.

#2 - My vision has been altered due to tapering / withdrawal.

Finally, even if it's #2, does it mean anything? Does it matter?

Thanks for the kind words.  I really hope it continues to go smooth, the beginning was more than I could handle.  I see that you are near the end yourself, best of luck with that and I hope that we are both able to walk off gently.  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

#1 - My vision changed in the midst of my taper and all this other stuff and I just didn't notice because I had so much going on and it seemed similar enough to symptoms I'd experienced before.

I'm sorry, I don't know. You'd probably get more ideas from the Withdrawal Support board. That board is more for asking about symptoms.

Gardie :)

[f2...]

I have a question about vision for other long holders / slow taperers. I've been on a long hold and about a year ago or so my overall symptoms went way down. And yet I felt like I was still having trouble with derealization. Not, like, mentally, but the world felt like it was behind a wall of glass.

Recently I wondered if my vision had simply changed in the middle of all this nonsense. I've been 20/15 most of my life, but I hadn't felt normal for almost 4 years, so it seemed plausible that my vision had changed.

Anyway, I had my eyes checked and sure enough they showed I needed glasses. A very slight prescription.

I picked them up today and everything is much more clear, but now I'm wondering about something. Two things seem possible to me.

IMO It doesn’t matter.

Just moved down from .44 mg Klonopin to .40 mg, and slept 7.5 hours last night.  No physical symptoms this morning to speak of  :D

Congrats!  It feels great knowing freedom is just around the corner.

Just moved down from .44 mg Klonopin to .40 mg, and slept 7.5 hours last night.  No physical symptoms this morning to speak of  :D

[glow=red,2,300]"Congrats."[/glow] May the rest of your Journey go well. 💖 Peace and Healing.

:clap: Wonderful news!

Still good  today too thinking 1 or 2 more days and down to .375 mg

Still good  today too thinking 1 or 2 more days and down to .375 mg

If you've been going at this rate for awhile with no problems, that should work fine. You're short-term user, so I would expect you'd be able to keep going with a quick taper. Cheering for you!  :clap:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Le...]
    • [vo...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [jo...]
    • [...]
    • [Li...]
    • [ry...]