Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

Hi Gardie thanks for the friendly message, for now I am just holding. Tomorrow ill try some exercise and see some family see if that helps me get out of this.

Begood, thank you :) I was hoping you would respond. Can you tell me a little more about the failed tapers and what you have learned. (if you want to talk about it)

Maybe I could learn something more. I already learned a lot from reading in this group. No rush, don't punish yourself, don't obsess over your taper. This has been my main mistake. I was so focussed to get off asap. But now I get it, In what kind of state will I get off when I continue this way. Probably not a good one  :idiot:

Anyway thanks for having me. Again for now just holding...

I learned that tapering is not a race to get off, I know that if I go fast I am going to suffer needlessly and I am not going down that road again. The first two times I went too fast and cut too much, was sick the whole time and when I got off I could not function at all, it was beyond hell. Yes please hold, and not for a short while, it may take some time...think month or more, try not to overthink anything involving tapering and time. Believe in the process of time and patience. I have a plog where I have been writing for ages my story of my taper, it is in the Progress Log area. You could read it if you have time, it pretty much is a log of how I have been doing and what I have learned along the way. Stay Strong, and believe me, it does not have to be horrible, but we have to accept and Love our Brain and treat it with the respect it deserves. I have a great friendship with my Brain. :)

Ill have a read in your blog. You are very right though about treating your brain with respect. Mine has had a hammering this year and maybe even before with the on and off use of A. Thanks again for teaching me how to. <3

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey look! My favorite support group on the forum!  :-* How's everybody doing? Hanging in there, I hope.

I want to glide off as I have learned from this group because I have read many pages. I wish I was smarter in the beginning and accepted the fact that this is a long process and coming of faster doesn't mean healing faster. I believe now that you could be mostly healed coming off. I thought healing only starts once your off.

Hi, BattleGaba! Welcome aboard.  :thumbsup:

It took me a while to realize and accept this, too. I felt so awful during my taper that it was a struggle to remind myself that the discomfort came from my brain healing! I read other people say it here and it made me feel a little better at the time, but I never really believed it until now. I look back over the past six months and can honestly say it was all worth it!  I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time right now. I hope a long hold brings you some relief soon!

I just started a hold myself today as things were getting rocky.

Gardie :)

Hi, Gardie!  :highfive:

I'm sorry you have to hold, but glad you are listening to your body and doing what you need to do for yourself. You'll get there!

I am going really slow this third taper and it is working well, sure I have some wd, but just blips honestly, nothing like what many are going through...Our Brain is healing and it takes time...lots of time and much patience.

Hi, begood!  ;)

I'm so happy that you're doing well! You're right about time and patience. It's pretty much become my mantra. Easier said than done on tough days, but you have a great attitude and you will get through this!

So I'm celebrating today! It's been six months since this all started, and I can't even believe how much better I feel. It would have been unimaginable when I was in the thick of it. I'm so proud of everybody doing these slow, careful tapers; looking back I'm realizing just how much I was healing during withdrawal. Let's keep up the awesome progress!

Thinking of you guys.  :smitten:

Gwinna

Hey look! My favorite support group on the forum!  :-* How's everybody doing? Hanging in there, I hope.

I want to glide off as I have learned from this group because I have read many pages. I wish I was smarter in the beginning and accepted the fact that this is a long process and coming of faster doesn't mean healing faster. I believe now that you could be mostly healed coming off. I thought healing only starts once your off.

Hi, BattleGaba! Welcome aboard.  :thumbsup:

It took me a while to realize and accept this, too. I felt so awful during my taper that it was a struggle to remind myself that the discomfort came from my brain healing! I read other people say it here and it made me feel a little better at the time, but I never really believed it until now. I look back over the past six months and can honestly say it was all worth it!  I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time right now. I hope a long hold brings you some relief soon!

I just started a hold myself today as things were getting rocky.

Hi, Gardie!  :highfive:

I'm sorry you have to hold, but glad you are listening to your body and doing what you need to do for yourself. You'll get there!

I am going really slow this third taper and it is working well, sure I have some wd, but just blips honestly, nothing like what many are going through...Our Brain is healing and it takes time...lots of time and much patience.

Hi, begood!  ;)

I'm so happy that you're doing well! You're right about time and patience. It's pretty much become my mantra. Easier said than done on tough days, but you have a great attitude and you will get through this!

So I'm celebrating today! It's been six months since this all started, and I can't even believe how much better I feel. It would have been unimaginable when I was in the thick of it. I'm so proud of everybody doing these slow, careful tapers; looking back I'm realizing just how much I was healing during withdrawal. Let's keep up the awesome progress!

Thinking of you guys.  :smitten:

Gwinna

Hey Gwinna, that is great 6 months and feeling better, yes we do heal as we taper. It is good to hear that you saw the Light..and believed that you could get through your taper, by slowing down and being aware. I was just thinking today..how bad I felt at this dose before when I was unsuccessful, it was hell, just pure hell and I felt that way twice, anyway I realized that it did not have to be that way thank goodness. As Cant would say Onward and Upward. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gardie thanks for the friendly message, for now I am just holding. Tomorrow ill try some exercise and see some family see if that helps me get out of this.

Begood, thank you :) I was hoping you would respond. Can you tell me a little more about the failed tapers and what you have learned. (if you want to talk about it)

Maybe I could learn something more. I already learned a lot from reading in this group. No rush, don't punish yourself, don't obsess over your taper. This has been my main mistake. I was so focussed to get off asap. But now I get it, In what kind of state will I get off when I continue this way. Probably not a good one  :idiot:

Anyway thanks for having me. Again for now just holding...

I learned that tapering is not a race to get off, I know that if I go fast I am going to suffer needlessly and I am not going down that road again. The first two times I went too fast and cut too much, was sick the whole time and when I got off I could not function at all, it was beyond hell. Yes please hold, and not for a short while, it may take some time...think month or more, try not to overthink anything involving tapering and time. Believe in the process of time and patience. I have a plog where I have been writing for ages my story of my taper, it is in the Progress Log area. You could read it if you have time, it pretty much is a log of how I have been doing and what I have learned along the way. Stay Strong, and believe me, it does not have to be horrible, but we have to accept and Love our Brain and treat it with the respect it deserves. I have a great friendship with my Brain. :)

Ill have a read in your blog. You are very right though about treating your brain with respect. Mine has had a hammering this year and maybe even before with the on and off use of A. Thanks again for teaching me how to. <3

Hi Guys..

Great to see new faces here, and old (youngish) ones...!!

Sorry it took a bit to catch up...

Harmonee, I havnt forgotten I owe you a "story"..

BG, dont roll ur eyes..!! :)

I quoted this post as I picked up on a possible confusion between BGs Progress log, and Blog...

Both are great, but Battle, The Progress Log will give you more of the tapering info from BG, with a LOT less reading..!!

-just thought I best mention...

:)

Hi Guys..

I quoted this post as I picked up on a possible confusion between BGs Progress log, and Blog...

Both are great, but Battle, The Progress Log will give you more of the tapering info from BG, with a LOT less reading..!!

Good to see you, Cant!  :hug:

Hi Guys..

Good to see you, Cant!  :hug:

HI GARDIE... !!

10 Hugs for you...

Hope you are holding up ok.. and life is treating you well..

Just off to a late bed, but wishing you a great day..

Always good to see your posts around..

Catch up better soon...

I hope everyone is doing good. I just realized I have been feeling good with my cuts and haven't even thought to check in. Never thought I would say that. Hopefully it keeps this way.

I hope everyone is doing good. I just realized I have been feeling good with my cuts and haven't even thought to check in. Never thought I would say that. Hopefully it keeps this way.

Great news! So happy for you! ;D

Happy for you, I think you will handle anything that comes your way. But things are looking good for you. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Congratulations jms12! It’s great to hear the success stories. 😊

Great to hear.. Keep up the good work..!!

A better day here too, thank goodness...!!

A big storm today, much needed.. There is tiny green stuff starting to grow all over the mud.. (ok, not quite that bad but it has been so dry for so long..)

Wishing the best for Everyone...

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping and updating:

Today I begin a hold. I've reached 1 capsule of Librium. My symptoms have been ramping up, but I pushed on to reach the 1 capsule. I like to hold at whole capsules if I can because it's simpler. Oh, wait. Not capsules any more, now capsule, singular. ;D

I hope everyone else is doing well and being as patient as possible. Turtles win this race.

Bumping and updating:

Today I begin a hold. I've reached 1 capsule of Librium. My symptoms have been ramping up, but I pushed on to reach the 1 capsule. I like to hold at whole capsules if I can because it's simpler. Oh, wait. Not capsules any more, now capsule, singular. ;D

I hope everyone else is doing well and being as patient as possible. Turtles win this race.

[glow=red,2,300]"Congrats Gardie",[/glow] so happy you are on just one capsule now. I am sure that things will calm down with a nice hold. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Bumping and updating:

Wow Gardie!

that's fantastic!

What a relief to not have to mix and measure cut and liquify -- at least for now.  Kind of like a life raft in a storm. 

The storm continues but at least there is some rest!

Inspirational and helpful...

:smitten::)

Hey everyone, I'm so glad I found this thread!  Just spent the last hour reading through and I'm so relieved to be among so many positive people. 

I'm just getting started micro tapering and have a hold planned at 7 days so I can travel at the end of the month. 

I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. :smitten:

-PH

Thanks BG, SS.  :hug: Actually, I still have to dissolve so I can divide my one capsule into 2 doses, but I don't have to be so fussy. It's much easier. I'm really counting on this hold. I think incorporating holds is the way to go. Probably I should do it more often but I have this thing about wanting to do most of my tapering in the warmer, less dark months.

Hi, Peaceful! You sound like you're are on the right track. Micro-tapering and holds help almost everyone get through this. I wish I had known about them from the start. Would have saved myself a lot of grief!

BG, Could you explain your system again? I know you taper and hold and taper and hold, but I don't know the details. I think now that I am getting so low, I need to reexamine my system. I think 5mg L is 2mg V. So I am looking at how to walk off, even if it takes a year or more. :P

I. Will. Be. Patient.

Gardie :smitten:

Hey everyone, I'm so glad I found this thread!  Just spent the last hour reading through and I'm so relieved to be among so many positive people. 

I'm just getting started micro tapering and have a hold planned at 7 days so I can travel at the end of the month. 

I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. :smitten:

-PH

Welcome, anyone that can read posts here for one hour...will do well and walk off when it is time. Doing well thanks. ...💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks BG, SS.  :hug: Actually, I still have to dissolve so I can divide my one capsule into 2 doses, but I don't have to be so fussy. It's much easier. I'm really counting on this hold. I think incorporating holds is the way to go. Probably I should do it more often but I have this thing about wanting to do most of my tapering in the warmer, less dark months.

Hi, Peaceful! You sound like you're are on the right track. Micro-tapering and holds help almost everyone get through this. I wish I had known about them from the start. Would have saved myself a lot of grief!

BG, Could you explain your system again? I know you taper and hold and taper and hold, but I don't know the details. I think now that I am getting so low, I need to reexamine my system. I think 5mg L is 2mg V. So I am looking at how to walk off, even if it takes a year or more. :P

I. Will. Be. Patient.

Hi Gardie, I taper each day for 10 days and I then hold for 30 days, I used to do 2 months...but found I started not feeling well with that long of a hold. Thirty days I recoup the blippy things I feel and it has worked well for me...I do not care how long it takes either, but I am on the wind down now and like the ones before me...plan to walk off, no jumping for me...I hate that word...but that is me...anyway hope you can find the way best for you, you have done a good job and I know it has not been easy, but you are a True Warrior. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi Gardie! Glad to read that you are doing well. As someone who is struggling with having less sunlight, I totally get wanting to a little easier on yourself this season. I never really thought about it, but I'd bet that part of my ability to taper at the speed I did can absolutely be attributed to the time of year - easier to go outside, more sunlight, etc. I hope this hold works out for you and that you keep on moving forward!

Best,

Gwinna

I. Will. Be. Patient.

Hi Gardie, I taper each day for 10 days and I then hold for 30 days, I used to do 2 months...but found I started not feeling well with that long of a hold. Thirty days I recoup the blippy things I feel and it has worked well for me...I do not care how long it takes either, but I am on the wind down now and like the ones before me...plan to walk off, no jumping for me...I hate that word...but that is me...anyway hope you can find the way best for you, you have done a good job and I know it has not been easy, but you are a True Warrior. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks, BG. I'm curious about what percent you cut during your 10 days, but I see it varies. How do you decide how much to cut? It looks like you're doing a daily micro taper now, right? Interesting that the 1 month hold worked better than the 2 month hold. I'll have to pay attention to that for myself. It's great that you've found your rhythm. Your patience and persistence is an inspiration.

Hi Gardie! Glad to read that you are doing well. As someone who is struggling with having less sunlight, I totally get wanting to a little easier on yourself this season. I never really thought about it, but I'd bet that part of my ability to taper at the speed I did can absolutely be attributed to the time of year - easier to go outside, more sunlight, etc. I hope this hold works out for you and that you keep on moving forward!

Best,

Gwinna

Thanks, Gwinna. I've always been sensitive to winter darkness. My doctor likes me to hold in the winter because of this. Funny, I actually like colder weather, but when the skies are gray for weeks on end, my energy just fades away.

How are you doing these days? Love to hear from those who walked off.

I. Will. Be. Patient.

Thanks, BG. I'm curious about what percent you cut during your 10 days, but I see it varies. How do you decide how much to cut? It looks like you're doing a daily micro taper now, right? Interesting that the 1 month hold worked better than the 2 month hold. I'll have to pay attention to that for myself. It's great that you've found your rhythm. Your patience and persistence is an inspiration.

I do 3% now, doing well, but realized the lower we go the higher percentage, so I had to adjust. I actually cut for the 10 days and on the 11th I stay at last cut, like now I will stay at 0.25mg till next 10 day cycle, I know it is weird, but it works well for me. It isn't hard to be patient, I had two horrific failed tapers..this is easy in comparison...long, but I am OK with that. :smitten:

I do 3% now, doing well, but realized the lower we go the higher percentage, so I had to adjust. I actually cut for the 10 days and on the 11th I stay at last cut, like now I will stay at 0.25mg till next 10 day cycle, I know it is weird, but it works well for me. It isn't hard to be patient, I had two horrific failed tapers..this is easy in comparison...long, but I am OK with that. :smitten:

Thanks for the explanation. It doesn't seem weird. It's sensible. It works for you. Sometimes when I get impatient I remind myself of what I was like before my long hold. I'm so glad I did it. Got my feet back under myself to the point I could actually think and figure out what I was doing wrong. Tapering is still hard, but it's not horrific.

Thanks for the explanation. It doesn't seem weird. It's sensible. It works for you. Sometimes when I get impatient I remind myself of what I was like before my long hold. I'm so glad I did it. Got my feet back under myself to the point I could actually think and figure out what I was doing wrong. Tapering is still hard, but it's not horrific.

Thanks, I know it works for me, and I can function and I am nowhere near the rabbit holes I was in before. You are committed, you got this. :thumbsup::smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [Th...]
    • [Di...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [ry...]
    • [de...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [di...]
    • [...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Es...]