Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

Happy to report that the neuropathy flare is subsiding. I suspect it was autoimmune, not directly benzo-related, because I had flares of other autoimmune stuff at the same time. Still trying to decide if I'm going to throw in a short hold when I hit 7mg. I am really into doing symptoms-based tapering including holding when needed. And I really need that nice, big, easy-to-read line on my syringe if I'm going to hold.....Or I could keep going until the end of the month and hold at a weird spot on the syringe. I'll just ask my daughter to read my syringe for me every evening cuz she has nothing else to do, right? ::)

Gardie :smitten:

[glow=red,2,300]"Great News"[/glow] Gardie, so happy for you, you deserve to have some relief. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to report that the neuropathy flare is subsiding. I suspect it was autoimmune, not directly benzo-related, because I had flares of other autoimmune stuff at the same time. Still trying to decide if I'm going to throw in a short hold when I hit 7mg. I am really into doing symptoms-based tapering including holding when needed. And I really need that nice, big, easy-to-read line on my syringe if I'm going to hold.....Or I could keep going until the end of the month and hold at a weird spot on the syringe. I'll just ask my daughter to read my syringe for me every evening cuz she has nothing else to do, right? ::)

so glad that has calmed down Gardie.... I have glasses that are almost binoculars by the bed to read those dang syringes.... :laugh:

:smitten:

SS

Hi Harmoneeieoazza.. -aka Maaate...

Hi Everyone...

Day 18, -all is well... kids are like benzos... -no im not going to try to explain that one.. But after a huge scare they are trying hard and seem to "get" it a bit more...

I have been under immense pressure this last week, -and didnt crash in a pile.. not sure why?? But it has told me that my slow taper is solid.. An "event" is not going to trigger any relapse or post accute SX..

Nor did a couple of drinks at L20's Bday dinner, fwiw...

Probs time to start looking at phase two soon.. -tapering my other meds.. Opiates and lyrica..

Just enjoying some time meeting ME again first...

I am so proud of the support many of you guys have been giving on the boards.. I am continually amazed at the resistance SX based tapering gets on the boards, even if it is the only option left..!!

I am starting to think that the rush to get off is a SX of its own.. -a spanner in the works..!!

Oops, kids home with groceries.. Just when I was setteling in..!!

Siggghhhh...

:)

Bbl

Hi everyone and G'day Maate, Matee, Mateo (pushing it now  :) ) Cantfly, it's great to read your'e getting to spend some time with YOU again  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: Even being down to 9mg, I'm feeling more like the girl from long, long ago  ;D Having my grand-kids stay this weekend so decided to hold for the entire 14 days just in case. Feeling great! Survived taking my elderly parents to inspect a retirement village yesterday. Pre-tapering, that would have =  justifying taking an extra Xanax, but I wasn't in the slightest bit tempted (never want to see those  deceptively innocent looking, "pretty" pink pills every again  :tickedoff:). Not sure what Xanax look like OS but here they come in really pretty colours, pink, mauve etc. I was so surprised how calm I felt - I couldn't believe it was me!! My poor parents though; really nice village but one hell of a lifestyle change (downsizing) if they decide to take the plunge.

You have your boys well trained to do the groceries!! I'm very impressed  ;) I must start working on my 2 yo and 6 yo grandkids  :laugh: Problem is the 6 year old wants those Coles "Little Shop". They're as addictive as benzos!! Crikey, she would buy the supermarket out just to get the bananas!!  :laugh:

Gardie! Really good to hear you're feeling better. Geeze you have your fair share of challenges girl, sheesh!! Good on you for tackling them so well  :thumbsup:

Cantfly I thought you made a good point about  the resistance SX based tapering gets on the boards. Reckon we can do anything about that?

Lol, "kids are like benzos"  :laugh: too right they are!! A sure sign your'e healing not falling into a pile after a week of high stress, a couple of beers and a 20th birthday party.......lordie, lordie, lordie you passed with flying colours matee  :thumbsup:

SS I would need a strong magnifying glass (or as Gardie, need a daughter with 20/20 vision!!) Tape sounds a good idea, but make sure it's not duck tape, that darn stuff refuses to budge  :laugh:

:smitten: Harmonee

that blue painters tape is good .. comes off easy so you can move it .. I also found some little l/4" tape in colors at Tuesday Morning ..in the art dept .. if you have one of those .. anything works... I'm using scotch tape and put a mark on it ..  so lots of ways to do it.

that blue painters tape is good .. comes off easy so you can move it .. I also found some little l/4" tape in colors at Tuesday Morning ..in the art dept .. if you have one of those .. anything works... I'm using scotch tape and put a mark on it ..  so lots of ways to do it.

:smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:

Before I found BB .. I didn't know about interdose withdrawal and thought I had serious heart problems.  Now I know it was withdrawal and others have gone through it and gotten well.  There is a place for temporary use of benzos..but doctors surely need to know how strong they are and how short term they should be.  Much education is needed and the U.S. is behind in my opinion.

Thank goodness for builder and all the others who have stayed around to encourage us and show us the way.

builder is my hero.  :smitten: 

He got well.... he came back.... he helps us all with common sense when our benzo brains are not working and of course the math.  :thumbsup:

Harmony, I'm glad to hear how well you're doing with your taper. Hope everything goes well with your parents' decision. Mine took the plunge many years ago and were very happy they did.

Thanks Gardie! Very difficult for them as they really should have done it 10 years ago (88 and 92). However it's a lovely village and my mother's a social butterfly, it's only her mobility which is the issue. My dad's 92 (but going on 72). All his friends have died, so hoping they will enjoy their new life there.

:smitten: Harmonee

Hi Guys.. :)

Thanks Harmoneezy..

Never sure what I posted where these days..!!?? But still doing well.. A few little informative "blips", Like sand setteling in a pond.. :)

You touch on a complex topic about slow SX tapering..!!

I like to mention it once, perhaps plant a seed.. But in the end I think people have to come to it on their own.. But I do wish it has its own board sometimes...

Have a great time with Gkids, and great to hear you are doing well.. -never a bad time to hold..!! Lol

Must run..

Thanks Harmoneezy..

Never sure what I posted where these days..!!?? But still doing well.. A few little informative "blips", Like sand setteling in a pond.. :)

I like to mention it once, perhaps plant a seed.. But in the end I think people have to come to it on their own.. But I do wish it has its own board sometimes...

Have a great time with Gkids, and great to hear you are doing well.. -never a bad time to hold..!! Lol

Must run..

We'll just have to keep bumping this thread to the top of the list! ;)

Thanks Harmoneezy..

Must run..

We'll just have to keep bumping this thread to the top of the list! ;)

Ummm... Bump..??  :)

Night guys..

Hi again everyone  :highfive:I need to ask you all a question. STUPID ME!! Was sorting my tablets this morning, intending to place a 5mg with 2 x 2mg pills into their respective evening compartment of my pill organizer. Would you believe I actually swallowed a 5mg instead of putting it into the pill compartment!!!  :idiot: The second I swallowed it I was trying to figure out a way of "un-swallowing" it! Lol, once it's gone, it's...... well gone  ::) Figuring it should be okay and just take the 2 x 2mg tonight when I should have taken the 9mg tonight. I ought to get away with it do you think?

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: "Harmoneezy"  :laugh:

Hi again everyone  :highfive:I need to ask you all a question. STUPID ME!! Was sorting my tablets this morning, intending to place a 5mg with 2 x 2mg pills into their respective evening compartment of my pill organizer. Would you believe I actually swallowed a 5mg instead of putting it into the pill compartment!!!  :idiot: The second I swallowed it I was trying to figure out a way of "un-swallowing" it! Lol, once it's gone, it's...... well gone  ::) Figuring it should be okay and just take the 2 x 2mg tonight when I should have taken the 9mg tonight. I ought to get away with it do you think?

"Harmoneezy." I like that. You can be our mascot! :laugh:

I think an oops once isn't going to affect your taper. I once left my bedtime dose sitting on the counter and discovered it in the morning. With these slower benzos, you probably won't notice anything with being off by a few hours just this once.

"Harmoneezy." I like that. You can be our mascot! :laugh:

I think an oops once isn't going to affect your taper. I once left my bedtime dose sitting on the counter and discovered it in the morning. With these slower benzos, you probably won't notice anything with being off by a few hours just this once.

Hi Harmonee,

That sounds so me..!! -Dont tell your Dr, they might scream addiction, -when its probably mor absent minded muscle memory..!!

Yes, Just balance it out as best you can without stressing... -all will be fine... :)

Thanks Gardie and Cantfly  :hug: Lol, Like you both said, I'm sure that one "oops" (I like that  :laugh::oops: will cope. Although, right now I feel soooooo dozey  ??? Feel like just going to bed and sleeping all day, lol. But have to work  :tickedoff: Lol, the funny thing about telling my doctor (which of course I won't!) is that she would most likely laugh; she's like that all the time  ;) As for my excuse, I think I have been so used to popping pills morning, noon and night for 22 years, that it was just an automatic thing. Had a glass of water in hand that I happened to be drinking at the time and down went the little pale yellow pill with it, instead of putting it in the organizer I put it in my mouth!!  :laugh: Thanks guys for the thumbs up, feel much better  :thumbsup: Have a great day/evening :smitten: "Mascot Harmoneezy"  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I literally just read all 90 pages of this  :laugh: this is an awesome thread.  I feel like I can breath a sigh of relief that it isn't all gloom and doom. I'm only 5 days in from a 5% ish cut from xanax.  Other than my usual anxiety and worrying over what might happen I feel ok. I'm hoping to keep it this way or at least at a functional level.  I made the choice to taper and my doctor is on board and said as long as i'm off by the time he retires he's ok with me going slow.  I'm hoping to do as well as you all have.  Thank you so much for these posts

Jess

I literally just read all 90 pages of this  :laugh: this is an awesome thread. I feel like I can breath a sigh of relief that it isn't all gloom and doom. I'm only 5 days in from a 5% ish cut from xanax.  Other than my usual anxiety and worrying over what might happen I feel ok. I'm hoping to keep it this way or at least at a functional level.  I made the choice to taper and my doctor is on board and said as long as i'm off by the time he retires he's ok with me going slow.  I'm hoping to do as well as you all have.  Thank you so much for these posts

Jess

Welcome aboard jms12  :hug: Really glad you feel the relief from the doom and gloom  :thumbsup: I know many struggle and I'm not making light of that, but it is always great to have a good old laugh and treat it with the contempt it deserves whenever possible  :thumbsup:

Great to hear you have your doctor on your side; that alone is a miracle  :angel: Hope he isn't 80 though  :laugh:

Have you decided to taper directly off Xanax or crossover to Valium? Some find it easy (as I have) and other's not so lucky. It's such an individual thing.

Wishing you all the very best and hope to see you here often  :hug:  :smitten: Harmonee 

Hi, he isn't 80 haha. At this point i'm dry tapering and will probably look at micro after I get down the road. At this point he has just said to get to .75 and we will go from there.

[glow=red,2,300]"Welcome jms12"[/glow] you are really good to have read all 90 pages here, many have been here and some have walked off and are doing well. You will too. Just do not hurry or worry, just do the best you can each day. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten: :smitten:

It makes me so so happy to see people continue to join this group!

many have been here and some have walked off and are doing well. You will too. Just do not hurry or worry, just do the best you can each day. 💖

This is one of the most true and inspiring things to read, the do not hurry or worry and do  the best you can has been my motto from the beginning and it has served me very well.

I am now down to a tiny sliver of a .25mg tablet and have been for almost a month now, i know i need to just bit the bullet and step off, but i'm just not ready too and i worry about it, so until i'm ready and the worry is gone, i'll just keep taking it! This is how i have proceeded the whole way, if there was ever doubt that i was ready for the next drop, i just held until i felt it was the right time.

I know i don't post as much as others, but i am often here reading about the success of others and getting encouragement from the knowledge that what i need to do can be done, thank you!

many have been here and some have walked off and are doing well. You will too. Just do not hurry or worry, just do the best you can each day. 💖

This is one of the most true and inspiring things to read, the do not hurry or worry and do  the best you can has been my motto from the beginning and it has served me very well.

I am now down to a tiny sliver of a .25mg tablet and have been for almost a month now, i know i need to just bit the bullet and step off, but i'm just not ready too and i worry about it, so until i'm ready and the worry is gone, i'll just keep taking it! This is how i have proceeded the whole way, if there was ever doubt that i was ready for the next drop, i just held until i felt it was the right time.

I know i don't post as much as others, but i am often here reading about the success of others and getting encouragement from the knowledge that what i need to do can be done, thank you!

Hi Roseabell, it is wonderful you are so close to walking off, I think you have done a good job of getting this low. Yes most that are so close have the same fears and worries about completely stopping. You do what your gut tells you, so far it has served you well. It won't be long and you will join jt, Lynn33, Sereitee, and Cant that walked off. I am a great believer of not hurrying and worrying it makes things worse in the long run, we have to accept the process of healing and it takes time...all the time it needs to heal our Brain. Best to you. Be kind to yourself, do self-care once you are off, and do not be hard on yourself, you have healed as you have come down, and there will be more healing, just take one day at time, and Believe that you can and you will have all that you so deserve. We deserve to be well again. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi Roseabell, it is wonderful you are so close to walking off, I think you have done a good job of getting this low. Yes most that are so close have the same fears and worries about completely stopping. You do what your gut tells you, so far it has served you well. It won't be long and you will join jt, Lynn33, Sereitee, and Cant that walked off. I am a great believer of not hurrying and worrying it makes things worse in the long run, we have to accept the process of healing and it takes time...all the time it needs to heal our Brain. Best to you. Be kind to yourself, do self-care once you are off, and do not be hard on yourself, you have healed as you have come down, and there will be more healing, just take one day at time, and Believe that you can and you will have all that you so deserve. We deserve to be well again. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I literally just read all 90 pages of this  :laugh: this is an awesome thread.  I feel like I can breath a sigh of relief that it isn't all gloom and doom. I'm only 5 days in from a 5% ish cut from xanax.  Other than my usual anxiety and worrying over what might happen I feel ok. I'm hoping to keep it this way or at least at a functional level.  I made the choice to taper and my doctor is on board and said as long as i'm off by the time he retires he's ok with me going slow.  I'm hoping to do as well as you all have.  Thank you so much for these posts

Jess

Hi Jess!  :)

I'm glad you are able to find some reassurance here, and good luck with your taper!

Gwinna

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Sc...]
    • [ha...]
    • [Cy...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [pe...]
    • [...]
    • [Di...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Ja...]