Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

Hi everyone, just chiming in to say, well, hi  :)

Morning Cantfly!! How are you feeling? Still okay since you stepped off? Tossing up to reduce again tonight. Feeling okay, some unexpected responses to pressures, but that's life. Besides I have to learn to deal with it rather than relying on "drugging" it away.

Gard, what's a neural flare? Sorry about your eyes, not what you need right now.

:smitten: Harmonee

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Harmonee. Sounds like you are coping well with your tapering. :)  I shorten neuropathy to neuro because I am lazy typist. I have autoimmune neuropathy as well as benzo neuropathy, so impossible to tell what's causing it when it flares up. I think the two kind of feed each other. My neuropathy is mostly burning randomly here and there. Can just drive you crazy when it move around! >:( But it has been much milder since my long hold. I will never, never, never push through a flare again. I never want to go back to where I was before I discovered symptom-based tapering.

Gardie-not-Girlie ;D (you guessed right Cant, dirt under my nails, no polish on them)

Hi Harmonee. Sounds like you are coping well with your tapering. :)  I shorten neuropathy to neuro because I am lazy typist. I have autoimmune neuropathy as well as benzo neuropathy, so impossible to tell what's causing it when it flares up. I think the two kind of feed each other. My neuropathy is mostly burning randomly here and there. Can just drive you crazy when it move around! >:( But it has been much milder since my long hold. I will never, never, never push through a flare again. I never want to go back to where I was before I discovered symptom-based tapering.

Gardie-not-Girlie ;D (you guessed right Cant, dirt under my nails, no polish on them)

Oh Gardie, I am so, so sorry to read that  :'( I had no idea.... I hope that you're okay  :hug: :hug:

Harmonee

Hi gardener99,

I see that you used liquid librium. I am having mine made into a liquid at a compounding pharmacy. The pharmacist says the bottle expires in 30 days, does it really last that long?

Hi everyone, just chiming in to say, well, hi  :)

Morning Cantfly!! How are you feeling? Still okay since you stepped off? Tossing up to reduce again tonight. Feeling okay, some unexpected responses to pressures, but that's life. Besides I have to learn to deal with it rather than relying on "drugging" it away.

Gard, what's a neural flare? Sorry about your eyes, not what you need right now.

:smitten: Harmonee

Hi there Harmonee..!! :)

Day 17 and I am doing well, a few things came and went, but not bad, more of interest..

My brain did some acrobatics and my eyes went on the ummm -blink for a couple of hours..

a little physical anxiety is hanging on, but hard to tell as there are some way out of the box things going on this week and very high anxiety is expected... Tinitus has increased a little as it does after a cut, but ok if I dont think on it... -sorry if I trigger anyone..!! :(

-so all in all, -no complaints..!!

Must Run, another bday party/dinner... -damn kids.. :)

You seem to be doing well, as usual, -working it out..

I did think, -if you can handle the often chemically enhanced wd version of any underlaying sx, you will be miles ahead post taper... -Black stump type miles.. :)

Be well..

:)

Oh Gardie, I am so, so sorry to read that  :'( I had no idea.... I hope that you're okay  :hug: :hug:

Harmonee

Thank you, Harmonee. My neuropathy is what I call "very annoying" in that it interferes with my life at times. It used to be agony. There are so many buddies in agony from this. I try to be grateful that it's so much better that it was. Although sometimes I'm like  >:( >:(>:(.

Gardie

Hi gardener99,

I see that you used liquid librium. I am having mine made into a liquid at a compounding pharmacy. The pharmacist says the bottle expires in 30 days, does it really last that long?

I'm sorry, I have no experience with compounding pharmacies. There's a buddie who had hers compounded, lalasharp. She has been fine following her pharmacy's directions.

I mix mine up at home using alcohol and water because my pharmacy wouldn't compound it for me. I found this article saying Librium was not stable in an aqueous solution. Since I'm using a homemade aqueous solution, I mix mine up every day to be safe.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20066402

One note, when Librium breaks down in water, it breaks down into another benzo. So it's not like the benzo is gone. It's just a different benzo. And your body does this anyway after you consume it.

Gard  :)

Hi Gard(y)

My posts seem to appear almost like a non sequitur!  sorry to hear about the eyes, although there are amazing options with lenses that can be used these days -- cold comfort-- but not needing to use reading glasses would be nice.

Sorry to hear of the flare up of neuro.... but oh so good to read that the holding through these things is the way to go.

Somehow the time frames have disappeared as things improve!

Hi to Everyone here!

Good day to all, kids, no kids

life in all it's many variations.....

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Hi SS! Good to see you. Yup, hold and hold until the brain says it's ready to move again. It's been so much easier since I figured that out!

As for the surgery, unless I start bumping into walls, I'm not doing that during withdrawal. My beautician (nice, young gal, we gab) saw a youtube video of it. She says you're awake and your eye is held open and they give you something to relax. Gee, could that be a benzo? :o I told her I'm afraid to google it, so when I want to know something I'll ask her. So my beautician is now my medical consultant. :thumbsup::laugh:

You're welcome pompom. I'm glad you can get yours compounded. Mixing it up yourself every day is a nuisance.

Gard :)

You know, I think I like "Gardie." I'm thinking of changing my nickname. I don't even remember how I got Gard. I'm sure I didn't pick it. Sounds kind of threatening! En garde!  :oXo:

(Except my darn autocorrect tries to change it to Grade every time.)

You know, I think I like "Gardie." I'm thinking of changing my nickname. I don't even remember how I got Gard. I'm sure I didn't pick it. Sounds kind of threatening! En garde!  :oXo:

:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: Hey Gardie  ;) - Australians have a propensity to put an "ie" or "O" or "azza" onto names. Like "Davo" for David, Shazza for Sharon, Brucie for Bruce (weird I know)  :idiot:  No idea why, lol.

En garde  :oXo:  :2funny: Harmzee  ;)

Hi Harmoneeieoazza.. -aka Maaate...

Hi Everyone...

Day 18, -all is well... kids are like benzos... -no im not going to try to explain that one.. But after a huge scare they are trying hard and seem to "get" it a bit more...

I have been under immense pressure this last week, -and didnt crash in a pile.. not sure why?? But it has told me that my slow taper is solid.. An "event" is not going to trigger any relapse or post accute SX..

Nor did a couple of drinks at L20's Bday dinner, fwiw...

Probs time to start looking at phase two soon.. -tapering my other meds.. Opiates and lyrica..

Just enjoying some time meeting ME again first...

I am so proud of the support many of you guys have been giving on the boards.. I am continually amazed at the resistance SX based tapering gets on the boards, even if it is the only option left..!!

I am starting to think that the rush to get off is a SX of its own.. -a spanner in the works..!!

Oops, kids home with groceries.. Just when I was setteling in..!!

Siggghhhh...

Bbl

AWESOME "Canfly"  :    Love it    :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Sunny Anna, :)

How are things in your world..??

Off to bed asap, but will catch up...

:laugh: Hey Gardie  ;) - Australians have a propensity to put an "ie" or "O" or "azza" onto names. Like "Davo" for David, Shazza for Sharon, Brucie for Bruce (weird I know)  :idiot:  No idea why, lol.

En garde  :oXo:  :2funny: Harmzee  ;)

Harmzee?   :laugh:

Canfly...I'm doing a little better.  well lots better compared to the last week-end of Hell.  taking too much valium...just got to taper down and then it will all be better.  Doc switched me to 2mg tablets so easier to cut and I like that they are white and not colored .. not sure the dye matters but at this point it seems like everything matters. 

Get some good healing sleep my friend.  see ya when your sun comes up...Sun is shining brightly today.  :smitten:

Happy to report that the neuropathy flare is subsiding. I suspect it was autoimmune, not directly benzo-related, because I had flares of other autoimmune stuff at the same time. Still trying to decide if I'm going to throw in a short hold when I hit 7mg. I am really into doing symptoms-based tapering including holding when needed. And I really need that nice, big, easy-to-read line on my syringe if I'm going to hold.....Or I could keep going until the end of the month and hold at a weird spot on the syringe. I'll just ask my daughter to read my syringe for me every evening cuz she has nothing else to do, right? ::)

Gardie :smitten:

Canfly...I'm doing a little better.  well lots better compared to the last week-end of Hell.  taking too much valium...just got to taper down and then it will all be better.  Doc switched me to 2mg tablets so easier to cut and I like that they are white and not colored .. not sure the dye matters but at this point it seems like everything matters. 

Get some good healing sleep my friend.  see ya when your sun comes up...Sun is shining brightly today.  :smitten:

Hi Sunny Anna,

You will get there... :)

It gets easier when you find the taper that your body accepts...

Keep up your sunflower attitude, and shine on..!!

Happy to report that the neuropathy flare is subsiding. I suspect it was autoimmune, not directly benzo-related, because I had flares of other autoimmune stuff at the same time. Still trying to decide if I'm going to throw in a short hold when I hit 7mg. I am really into doing symptoms-based tapering including holding when needed. And I really need that nice, big, easy-to-read line on my syringe if I'm going to hold.....Or I could keep going until the end of the month and hold at a weird spot on the syringe. I'll just ask my daughter to read my syringe for me every evening cuz she has nothing else to do, right? ::)

Hi Gardie Girlie :)

So glad things are a bit better, neuropathy is a horrid thing..

I just posted on "the" blog, about something my Dr put forward, that might be of interest..??

Hi BG..!!

Great to see some of your posts around Gard.. Its good reading when you know someones history a bit.. -The long road traveled..

All the best getting to 7v or wherever you decide...

Best wishes..

[glow=red,2,300]"Great News"[/glow] Gardie, so happy for you, you deserve to have some relief. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ca...]
    • [Cy...]
    • [...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [ha...]
    • [Os...]
    • [An...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [pe...]