Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

Hey everybody!

I haven't posted in a bit here, I've been out and about doing more as I near the end of my taper and start to feel better. I'm down to 1 mg! I've found that cognitive issues and symptoms really seem to be resolving more by the day, though physical symptoms persist. I just got back from a much-needed vacation, where I really got to relax and re-calibrate. So far I'm actually hanging in there with 0.5 mg cuts and 2 week holds, and symptoms after a cut have become somewhat predictable which makes it easier to plan for my good days. I feel like I'm getting my life back. Fingers crossed for a smooth landing sometime in August! This thread has been so helpful, thank you all for the support so far.

Gwinna

:smitten:  :thumbsup:  :smitten:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwinna --

Wonderful!  Not many people can withdraw as quickly and so well, minimal symptoms.  I read your signature and I am just in awe, but so happy for you!

Me too! congratulations on such an easy taper.... It's so great to read about :thumbsup:

SS

Gwinna --

Wonderful!  Not many people can withdraw as quickly and so well, minimal symptoms.  I read your signature and I am just in awe, but so happy for you!

Me too! congratulations on such an easy taper.... It's so great to read about :thumbsup:

SS

Aw, thanks Buddies!  :smitten:

This has NOT been easy, but I remain grateful that it hasn't been worse. I'm home from work a couple hours early today after a tough night of muscle spasms, shaking, splitting headache...so ready to be done with this. But, I must be patient and take care of myself. There are bad days and good days - the good days are getting better and that's what counts! Everybody here has been so helpful and supportive.

Gwinna

I’m so happy to have found this thread. I NEED the positivity and connection with others experiencing there same thing and still keeping a positive head as best as they can. My taper has been easier than most I’ve heard about, but by no means easy all the time. In a bit of a wave right now, think I might have reduced too much too quick. Holding is the name of my game. My taper is lead by my body 😊. I’ve been at it for some time but there’s no race to the end of this finis my line 😉

Welcome, Candice. Yes, I wish we could change the title to Easier Taper Support. I'm pretty sure the people who have easy tapers aren't on benzo buddies. ;)

You definitely have the right idea. Take it slowly and at the first sign of trouble, slow down or hold to let your nervous system repair itself. The evidence that this is the way to taper keeps mounting as more buddies take this route. Slowing down and holding when needed has made all the difference in the world to me. It changed my whole taper experience. I'm always glad to read of buddies who are doing this from the start.

Gard :)

Hi Candice.. :)

Hi Everyone..!!

Just back from a little ride in the bush..  Not sure which way this will go..!!

I had a big hit of fatigue yesterday, then mid morning today I started shaking like an adrenalin rush..

So I hope I calmed it down now.. -I feel very ummm -calmed down..!!

My sx are just being a bit odd atm...

Asides that, all is good.. Kids r good.. (want everything for nothing though)

Hope all is well for everyone here too...

:)

Glad you got to go on a ride in the bush, Cant. Glad the kids are good (as good as possible ::)). My son said he would actually show up today to try to fix the handle of the lawn mower. (The lawn mower got in a fight with the garage door and the garage door won.) I don't see him much, so that will be really exciting if he shows up. It will be even more exciting if he figures out how to fix the lawn mower. :D  (He is a geek so this is kind of a reach.)

Glad you got to go on a ride in the bush, Cant. Glad the kids are good (as good as possible ::)). My son said he would actually show up today to try to fix the handle of the lawn mower. (The lawn mower got in a fight with the garage door and the garage door won.) I don't see him much, so that will be really exciting if he shows up. It will be even more exciting if he figures out how to fix the lawn mower. :D  (He is a geek so this is kind of a reach.)

lol, If all else fails, try a utube "how to fix...?" :)

Hope it all goes well..

I feel so much more settled today... -just a sore arm from where a tree attacked me with its gang, log and rocks... -and the general muscle aches that go with riding these days...

• 2 weeks later...

Builder - what liquid did you use to taper ? 

started taper 3 days ago ..cutting  l/4 of 5mg V.  but i've been taking 5mg 3x a day.  feel very drugged.  split it yesterday ..  .125 off a.m and mid day.. full dose at bed.  still drugged.  Would like to eliminate the 5mg at mid day .. but know that is big cut and I do react with cardiac symptoms.  Any suggestions ?  :-\

Builder - what liquid did you use to taper ? 

started taper 3 days ago ..cutting  l/4 of 5mg V.  but i've been taking 5mg 3x a day.  feel very drugged.  split it yesterday ..  .125 off a.m and mid day.. full dose at bed.  still drugged.  Would like to eliminate the 5mg at mid day .. but know that is big cut and I do react with cardiac symptoms.  Any suggestions ?  :-\

mary anna, I haven't seen builder on this thread. Try him here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.msg2683711;topicseen#new .  Or start a new topic here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

Congratulations to Cant who recently stepped of off Valium! :clap:

Aaaaaah congratulations Cantfly!  :highfive:

Thinking of you and hoping you heal quickly!

Gwinna

Awww.. Thanks Guys..

Day 5... -Have felt better, but it is what it is... Time will tell..

Take care...

You are such an inspiration, thank you for your support and great advice. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs.  :smitten:

Awww.. Thanks Guys..

Day 5... -Have felt better, but it is what it is... Time will tell..

Take care...

Yes an inspiration and an unbelievable supporter for this forum!

fantastic...

Tomorrow, I will be at 0.32mg of Valium, my plan is still to go down to Fumes. jp, Lynn and Serenitee forged the way before me, and are doing OK, some lingering things, but they are living life without benzo's. They did long holds when needed, and not pushing forward when in distress. It has been a long haul this time for me, but it has been a much better taper, than my previous two...I have a different mindset...go slow and low. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Tomorrow, I will be at 0.32mg of Valium, my plan is still to go down to Fumes. jp, Lynn and Serenitee forged the way before me, and are doing OK, some lingering things, but they are living life without benzo's. They did long holds when needed, and not pushing forward when in distress. It has been a long haul this time for me, but it has been a much better taper, than my previous two...I have a different mindset...go slow and low. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

.32!!!!!!

Congrats BG.. way to turtle off..

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

What can I say BG..!! -Just as you do..!! A supurb job.. You made a great choice and are seeing it through.. I am confident that slow n low will work well for you too..

Those nunbers are dropping, I remember your 1v mark.. :)

Turtle Power..!!

.32!!!!!!

Congrats BG.. way to turtle off..

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Thanks SS, nothing like having other 🐢's to make this slow, but functional taper. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

What can I say BG..!! -Just as you do..!! A supurb job.. You made a great choice and are seeing it through.. I am confident that slow n low will work well for you too..

Those nunbers are dropping, I remember your 1v mark.. :)

Turtle Power..!!

Thanks Cant for you ongoing support, you are the best TB. Yes indeed 🐢 Power. :thumbsup: "VIVA LA TURTLE" :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Sc...]
    • [ha...]
    • [Cy...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [pe...]
    • [...]
    • [Di...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Ja...]
    • [jo...]