Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

I thought Sandi Thom? was UK..  -For flowers in the hair..??

My guess was about 23 here today..  and about -10 last night..!! :)  -wind chill and altitude hit here and put us a couple of degrees below the coast..

Not sure what my mid life crisis will be, but I intend to make it count..!! It certainally wont be this..!!

Some travel, I hope...

Good Morning to everyone waking up..

:)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess was about 23 here today..  and about -10 last night..!! :)  -wind chill and altitude hit here and put us a couple of degrees below the coast..

Not sure what my mid life crisis will be, but I intend to make it count..!! It certainally wont be this..!!

Some travel, I hope...

Evening Cant, was up and about making cuppa's, at 4am...it is nice here in the 60's right now, hot later. Do you mean it is 23 degrees there? Nice to read on blog that you are feeling better on the hour today, just wonderful uplifting news, and you are close to walking off, has to be a wonderful feeling. But no rush please, want it to be a good experience. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Some travel, I hope...

Evening Cant, was up and about making cuppa's, at 4am...it is nice here in the 60's right now, hot later. Do you mean it is 23 degrees there? Nice to read on blog that you are feeling better on the hour today, just wonderful uplifting news, and you are close to walking off, has to be a wonderful feeling. But no rush please, want it to be a good experience. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Morning Dear BG.. :)

Catching worms.. Early Bird..!!

Yes, about 23'C here in day.. which is nice, but night and early mornings are bitter.. Esp if the fire goes out...

Yes, a bit better today following a rough week from doing too much..

Not sure on a jump date, -just waiting for my healing to do this cuts cycle..

I seems to be an important stage for me, Very interesting to see how its unfolding.. I realy dont want to step off V with post accute if I can help it, due to other meds I have to taper...

Eating still causes problems...

How are things going for you?? We are on a very similar dose..

Some travel, I hope...

Yes, about 23'C here in day.. which is nice, but night and early mornings are bitter.. Esp if the fire goes out...

I seems to be an important stage for me, Very interesting to see how its unfolding.. I realy dont want to step off V with post accute if I can help it, due to other meds I have to taper...

Hello dear, that is a very cold morning...brrrrrrr. Keep warm and toasty. I do hope you consider walking off...rather than jumping...that word just seems sorta violent...whereas walking off will let the beast know who is in charge. Yes we are simliar in doses, but you are closer. I am doing fine, blips here and there, itching seems to be the thing right now, but off and on, no biggie. I hope to not have acute either, jp, lynn, Serenitee had very little bite back.,, of course we both know we will deal with something. But when we look back on our long road, we at least can see the Rainbow up ahead. :smitten:

Some travel, I hope...

Hello dear, that is a very cold morning...brrrrrrr. Keep warm and toasty. I do hope you consider walking off...rather than jumping...that word just seems sorta violent...whereas walking off will let the beast know who is in charge. Yes we are simliar in doses, but you are closer. I am doing fine, blips here and there, itching seems to be the thing right now, but off and on, no biggie. I hope to not have acute either, jp, lynn, Serenitee had very little bite back.,, of course we both know we will deal with something. But when we look back on our long road, we at least can see the Rainbow up ahead. :smitten:

lol, -10'C was an exaggeration, sorry.. About 2'C in the early hours, just above freezing... Nothing like you get...

My problem is pill splitting, I cant realy get low enough for a total slise off without micro tapering..

I guess 0.25v is prob not quite a jump if one considers the holding too..

All will go well for us..

Some travel, I hope...

lol, -10'C was an exaggeration, sorry.. About 2'C in the early hours, just above freezing... Nothing like you get...

My problem is pill splitting, I cant realy get low enough for a total slise off without micro tapering..

You could retry the Liquid, it may very well work this time, and then you can just "walk off" at a really low dose and your brain will be ready.  :smitten:

Some travel, I hope...

You could retry the Liquid, it may very well work this time, and then you can just "walk off" at a really low dose and your brain will be ready.  :smitten:

Yes, That is under consideration... -All in good time...

I think you're right about the holding making the jump off more like a walk off.

Anybody remember what Valley jumped off at? He had an easy landing.

Gard :)

I think you're right about the holding making the jump off more like a walk off.

0.5v -and with some life stressors, I believe..?? Last I heard he was doing well..

Gard, going back and holding at 0.25v was the best thing I ever did..!! -it all makes sense now.. I can feel the V coming out and see healing at work..

Missing this step would have sunk me..

Hows things your end..?? And hows the kids at the centre going? Have you been getting there much??

Some travel, I hope...

Cant, your MLC will be awesome!! Lol, funny you should mention that song; I only heard "I wish I was a punk rocker" - Sandi Thom the other day  :laugh: She's great!

Been wondering what it will be like getting lower than .5mg V, (I've a fair way to go) and very interesting reading how you and BG are doing just that! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So "altitude", hmmmm.... perhaps Atherton Tablelands? Wherever, sounds great!! MUCH to look forward to; life's just beginning  :thumbsup::smitten: Harmonee

0.5v -and with some life stressors, I believe..?? Last I heard he was doing well..

Gard, going back and holding at 0.25v was the best thing I ever did..!! -it all makes sense now.. I can feel the V coming out and see healing at work..

Hows things your end..?? And hows the kids at the centre going? Have you been getting there much??

I'm really glad the hold helped you so much, Cant!

Yes, I remember V was under a lot of stress at work as well as some family issues. And yet he was doing well last time he posted. :thumbsup:

I'm doing OK. I'm pushing again. I set little goals for myself and when I get near then I get impatient and push too fast! :nono: I'm having some visual disturbances that might be the withdrawal, but not severe, just weird. And a bit of neuropathy, but certainly not disabling. I have one more week to reach my next goal (20% off the top of my last goal) and then I will slow down again. Honest!

I didn't get to the library last week because we got some really heavy rain that I didn't want to drive in. But otherwise I usually go once/week. It's still a crazy zoo there! A happy, crazy zoo! No sloths or turtles in this zoo. More like monkeys bouncing around. :laugh: The kids will be off school until September and hanging out at the air conditioned library, so it will be like this until then. In September I hope to volunteer at a school, too.

Guess I'd better be good and stick to my slow taper after I hit this next goal so I am in good shape in September. Volunteering 2 days/week will take a lot of energy. I still have my sleep problems (since even before the benzos), so energy is not something I have a lot of! Lucky for me my youngest is 23, so I don't have to chase my own kids any more.

Yes, I remember V was under a lot of stress at work as well as some family issues. And yet he was doing well last time he posted. :thumbsup:

I'm doing OK. I'm pushing again. I set little goals for myself and when I get near then I get impatient and push too fast! :nono: I'm having some visual disturbances that might be the withdrawal, but not severe, just weird. And a bit of neuropathy, but certainly not disabling. I have one more week to reach my next goal (20% off the top of my last goal) and then I will slow down again. Honest!

I didn't get to the library last week because we got some really heavy rain that I didn't want to drive in. But otherwise I usually go once/week. It's still a crazy zoo there! A happy, crazy zoo! No sloths or turtles in this zoo. More like monkeys bouncing around. :laugh: The kids will be off school until September and hanging out at the air conditioned library, so it will be like this until then. In September I hope to volunteer at a school, too.

Guess I'd better be good and stick to my slow taper after I hit this next goal so I am in good shape in September. Volunteering 2 days/week will take a lot of energy. I still have my sleep problems (since even before the benzos), so energy is not something I have a lot of! Lucky for me my youngest is 23, so I don't have to chase my own kids any more.

Thats Great Gard, -apart from the little uptick..

I do think getting out and "back to life" is a big part of recovery, and your doing it..!!

C15 is ok.. Its the older ones that are doing my head in...  Count your blessings..!! :)

All the best reaching your goal..!!

Some travel, I hope...

Cant, your MLC will be awesome!! Lol, funny you should mention that song; I only heard "I wish I was a punk rocker" - Sandi Thom the other day  :laugh: She's great!

Been wondering what it will be like getting lower than .5mg V, (I've a fair way to go) and very interesting reading how you and BG are doing just that! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So "altitude", hmmmm.... perhaps Atherton Tablelands? Wherever, sounds great!! MUCH to look forward to; life's just beginning  :thumbsup::smitten: Harmonee

we were much further north than Atherton, but left years ago, -when it went back to native title...

Now Im near the bottom of Qld... A whole different climate..!!

I do think getting out and "back to life" is a big part of recovery, and your doing it..!!

C15 is ok.. Its the older ones that are doing my head in...  Count your blessings..!! :)

Gard it is so good to read that you are meeting your goals, you have done really well, one step at a time. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Cant, how are you doing? Better I hope. Thanks for being here. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Gard it is so good to read that you are meeting your goals, you have done really well, one step at a time. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Cant, how are you doing? Better I hope. Thanks for being here. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hey BG, Better again today, but also up n down at times, not all taper related... Just ate, and thats my cross to bear.. Who thought eating could make one feaver..!!

As for goals.. I have reached my lyrica goal (100mg) where I can slow it down as much as I like... Kinda cut that one fine.. pheeew..!!

Hey BG, Better again today, but also up n down at times, not all taper related... Just ate, and thats my cross to bear.. Who thought eating could make one feaver..!!

As for goals.. I have reached my lyrica goal (100mg) where I can slow it down as much as I like... Kinda cut that one fine.. pheeew..!!

Oh Cant that is great to hear, about reaching your goal. Yes but you have other malingering problems from accident and meds, that might be causing the tummy stuff. I think when you are off everything and do your walk off of benzo's things will level out, but I think the other med may be causing the eating shakeups. Hang in there, you are strong, one of the strongest guys I know, you got this. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Glad C15 is doing well. :) That's unusual at that age! My youngest at 23 is the one giving me worry, but I don't have to actually physically chase him! Only in my mind. :( I try to keep that worry on a shelf most of the time or the benzos will blow it into a tempest. He needs time to grow up, I guess. But he also needs a real job with real hours. And he needs to stop starting college and dropping out again. We're on round 3 of that. Or is it round 4? I have lost track. ::)

So happy to hear you reached your lyrica goal! Yippee! Party time!

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.HaX-lzwO4ZLCDXOg9-YtaAHaJ5%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

Hey everybody!

I haven't posted in a bit here, I've been out and about doing more as I near the end of my taper and start to feel better. I'm down to 1 mg! I've found that cognitive issues and symptoms really seem to be resolving more by the day, though physical symptoms persist. I just got back from a much-needed vacation, where I really got to relax and re-calibrate. So far I'm actually hanging in there with 0.5 mg cuts and 2 week holds, and symptoms after a cut have become somewhat predictable which makes it easier to plan for my good days. I feel like I'm getting my life back. Fingers crossed for a smooth landing sometime in August! This thread has been so helpful, thank you all for the support so far.

Gwinna

Hey everybody!

I haven't posted in a bit here, I've been out and about doing more as I near the end of my taper and start to feel better. I'm down to 1 mg! I've found that cognitive issues and symptoms really seem to be resolving more by the day, though physical symptoms persist. I just got back from a much-needed vacation, where I really got to relax and re-calibrate. So far I'm actually hanging in there with 0.5 mg cuts and 2 week holds, and symptoms after a cut have become somewhat predictable which makes it easier to plan for my good days. I feel like I'm getting my life back. Fingers crossed for a smooth landing sometime in August! This thread has been so helpful, thank you all for the support so far.

Gwinna

This is wonderful news, Gwinna! I'm so happy for you. :) :) :)

Hey everybody!

Gwinna

Doing well :thumbsup:, thanks for posting. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks, BG. How are you doing? Are you tapering or holding right now?

Gard :smitten:

Hi Gard, I am holding, my thirty day hold is over July 30th and then July 31 taper for 10 days. So far working just some minimal blips on occasion. You are doing well, come a long way. :thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Gard, I am holding, my thirty day hold is over July 30th and then July 31 taper for 10 days. So far working just some minimal blips on occasion. You are doing well, come a long way. :thumbsup::smitten:

You're the most patient person ever, BG, and I'm glad it's making this taper so smooth for you.

You're right, I have come a long way, from 17 capsules down to 2. I need to remind myself how far I've come. And to listen to my complaining brain and lower my taper rate on Sunday as planned.

Gard  :smitten:

Gwinna --

Wonderful!  Not many people can withdraw as quickly and so well, minimal symptoms.  I read your signature and I am just in awe, but so happy for you!

You're the most patient person ever, BG, and I'm glad it's making this taper so smooth for you.

You're right, I have come a long way, from 17 capsules down to 2. I need to remind myself how far I've come. And to listen to my complaining brain and lower my taper rate on Sunday as planned.

Gard  :smitten:

:smitten:  :thumbsup:  :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ha...]
    • [An...]
    • [Cy...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [pe...]
    • [...]
    • [Di...]