Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello people.. ;)

I was wondering if I could please join this thread..??

I like the idea of "blips" and having some control over symptom intensity...

:)

Hopetodothis,

I was also wondering are pills made (combined) in a batch or individually..??

Does it differ for pills with a break line..??

Ty

Hmmm, should we let the crazy Aussie turtle in? :laugh: 

Why not. What trouble could one turtle possibly cause? ::)

Gardy :smitten:

I think I'll tag along with Cant  :mybuddy: and join here, too! 

Hi BG, Gard, Gwinna, SS !!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Can't believe I've not seen this group until now  :D

Love,

Uni

Let me put in a bid for long holds, to make the taper easy.  (There is a "long holds" thread that is very good.)

Even though I reduced to 1.25 mg., and because of derealization, had to up-dose, I am enjoying a three-day window right now, and I wonder if maybe I am going out on the other side.  I can't express how joyful I am to be feeling good.  But I don't dare do anymore cutting yet.  I have read a summary of the best advice from the web on holds, and everyone posting there has said that holds work, though holding takes patience and is harder than reducing slowly.

About three weeks ago, while I was still feeling fatigue, I tried a daily liquid taper again, and I was hit by derealization on the third day.  So I retreated.  Back to a hold at 1.5 mg. Valium.

If anybody is interested, I will copy that lengthy (very lengthy) post into this thread.  Surely some of you are in long holds, and that is why the taper is easy.

Let me put in a bid for long holds, to make the taper easy.  (There is a "long holds" thread that is very good.)

Even though I reduced to 1.25 mg., and because of derealization, had to up-dose, I am enjoying a three-day window right now, and I wonder if maybe I am going out on the other side.  I can't express how joyful I am to be feeling good. 

I'm so happy to read this, Julianna!

Even though I reduced to 1.25 mg., and because of derealization, had to up-dose, I am enjoying a three-day window right now, and I wonder if maybe I am going out on the other side.  I can't express how joyful I am to be feeling good.  But I don't dare do anymore cutting yet.  I have read a summary of the best advice from the web on holds, and everyone posting there has said that holds work, though holding takes patience and is harder than reducing slowly.

About three weeks ago, while I was still feeling fatigue, I tried a daily liquid taper again, and I was hit by derealization on the third day.  So I retreated.  Back to a hold at 1.5 mg. Valium.

If anybody is interested, I will copy that lengthy (very lengthy) post into this thread.  Surely some of you are in long holds, and that is why the taper is easy.

This is wonderful to read, you get it, and it will make things easier for you, always heed the warnings and adjust as necessary. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hello people.. ;)

Hopetodothis,

Ty

Hmmm if I recall...we let Gardy in...just glad to get more here, whether a sloth not sure of spelling, or a 🐢. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

I think I'll tag along with Cant  :mybuddy: and join here, too! 

Hi BG, Gard, Gwinna, SS !!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Can't believe I've not seen this group until now  :D

Love,

Uni

Hey Uni, glad you found this great thread, hope you will take time to read way back when jp took over this thread, and how it has evolved. He walked off a while ago, with Lynn. Many here have been able to enjoy a Easier taper...with some ups and downs. Be well and welcome. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Hello people.. ;)

Hopetodothis,

Ty

Hmmm if I recall...we let Gardy in...just glad to get more here, whether a sloth not sure of spelling, or a 🐢. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Oh, BG, you know I'm teasing Cant!

Actually, I meant to say wild Aussie. I claim all craziness rights here. :crazy:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.sunfrogshirts.com%2FCrazy-Gardening-Lady.jpg&f=1

Hello people.. ;)

Hopetodothis,

Ty

Actually, I meant to say wild Aussie. I claim all craziness rights here. :crazy:

Oh I know you are...and I am pretty sure he loves to be teased. You know I do believe I have that same exact T-shirt but in pink. :smitten:

:laugh: I vote "YES"! Let this crazy/wild Aussie in!! I'm one of them too (albeit not from north Qld but can sure change a "tar"!! :laugh: Also love my garden (where did you get those T-shirts? I'll take a pink and a purple thanks  :thumbsup:

Cant, I started riding a little Honda Spacey (went to buy some Bose speakers on eBay and came back with the Spacey and the speakers!). Had to get my licence to ride, only to be told by the instructor to "get a real bike!" So drove down to ACT, bought a Honda 250cc. Husband soon got bored with me hogging his 250 (I had to practice after all), so bought him a Honda 1100cc. Hmmmm.....I found it far more comfy, so my poor husband was put on the 250cc (having been promoted from the Spacey  :laugh:) Had to then buy a 900cc but found it too lame (and uncomforable too) for me so he had to ride that too. Had a few near misses in our crazy days and ended up selling them all  :'( Still have great memories of those days! :'(  Harmonee

The more Aussies the merrier! I actually have an Aussie "sister." She was an exchange student from Adelaide who lived with us for a year when I was in high school. Not quite Cant's Australia, I'd wager.

Gard :)

Hey Julianna and all,

Yup -- Long Holds are what have turned this taper around!  In Day 19 of one right now and can oh so feel the difference.

Aussies and Canucks-- that would be me!

Any other Colonists out there?

Glad you're here too Uni!  Is California a colony?

:smitten:

SS

The more Aussies the merrier! I actually have an Aussie "sister." She was an exchange student from Adelaide who lived with us for a year when I was in high school. Not quite Cant's Australia, I'd wager.

Adelaide, hmmmm....yep, I'd wager same. It's quite a different "culture" to northern Qld; I'm sure Cant would agree? It's a pretty city though, but more like a country town as far as cities go.

SS, California is something  :laugh:... but not a colony. 

Hi Harmonee!  So good to see you're here too!  I'm so glad I found this great group.  I've started reading from the beginning.  Pages of good stuff, YAY!

Hello people.. ;)

Hopetodothis,

Ty

Oh I know you are...and I am pretty sure he loves to be teased. You know I do believe I have that same exact T-shirt but in pink. :smitten:

I have my pink shirt too..!! -And I like to "garden" ... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcehF8ADDozJxbAIl9ihC23Nb-2KYYwcQKIC1voh9Wub5UGz0gPHD6GEIY

If I remember right, you guys decided I was NUTS, a long time ago...

Not sure what posts I missed, so forgive me...

But Great to see so many posting here..!!

Harmonee, Hi there..!!

Tad chilly down your way..?? -sure is here..!!

Sounds like you had your share of adventures on bikes.. So hard to find the perfect bike, but when you do...!! :)

I now have to go back and do my whole bike licence as it expired... Out 7 bikes, not one is suitable untill I get my opens again..  grrrr

I heard  Adelaide was really nice but I've never actually been there..  I guess it's rather different than being flooded in for nearly half the year, but I live much closer to the city now which sure has been a blessing..!!

Again, great to see you all..!!

SS, California is something  :laugh:... but not a colony. 

Hi Harmonee!  So good to see you're here too!  I'm so glad I found this great group.  I've started reading from the beginning.  Pages of good stuff, YAY!

I remember it's a Republic!

I have a dream....Someday, all people withdrawing from benzos will know about micro-tapers and symptom-based tapers.

I have a dream....Someday, people will regularly incorporate short holds into their tapers whenever they have an uptick in symptoms or a period of extra stress.

I have a dream....Someday, doctors will be onboard with this, and relatively easy tapers will be the norm even for those of us who are benzo-sensitive.

And then everybody on Benzo Buddies will be in this group! :D

I have a dream....Someday, all people withdrawing from benzos will know about micro-tapers and symptom-based tapers.

I have a dream....Someday, people will regularly incorporate short holds into their tapers whenever they have an uptick in symptoms or a period of extra stress.

I have a dream....Someday, doctors will be onboard with this, and relatively easy tapers will be the norm even for those of us who are benzo-sensitive.

Wonderful thoughts. :smitten:

OMG.. -I laughed.. :)

Amen to that...!!

I second that one Cant!! Keep on dreaming (California dreaming perhaps?)

Hey Cant, what do you call chilly? I figure its at least 27 where you are? Here it's perfect winters day, 17 sunny. In Sydney but have a sister on GC. Afraid bike days are over (a passing mid-life crisis I reckon) but what fun!

SS, Lol California a colony  :laugh: Showing my age, but still can't get the flower people out of my mind along with Scott McKenzie (I was young thou  ;)) Went to San Francisco (hmmm...1970!!) and could not see one person who had flowers in their darn hair! Loved the cable cars and those hills, oh and Red Forest (stunning!!) And no, Cant, you can't take your chainsaw there, lol.

Hey Uni, great to see your happy presence, such a great group!! Need one of those T Shirts Gard and BG! Amazon's in Aussieland now, might find one there?  :smitten: Harmonee

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Fa...]
    • [...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [jo...]
    • [...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [kn...]
    • [...]
    • [Fi...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Kr...]