Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

I’m convinced that my body is still recovering from the first withdrawal and am very optimistic that when I start to taper, I will have a good plan and will have success!  So I’d like to follow along with your journeys to give me hope that in a few months when I start to taper from .25 to 0 it will be smooth!

Hi Heather,  :) Sounds like your body knew much better than your neurologist  :thumbsup: Your optimism and enthusiasm is deliciously contagious  :thumbsup:  :smitten: Wonderful to see you here!!  :smitten: Harmonee

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

After holding for two years at 4 mg. Valium, I had an easy time reducing again--until a couple of days ago.  I am jittery and unsteady on my feet, though my sleep is long, sound, and with no nightmares.

I don't want to suffer with reducing Valium.  I don't really care too much how long I take to get off Valium after many, many years, but I do want to continue to live a normal life and be there for my family.

I will hold until things clear.  Anybody have any idea how long it will take to stabilize?

After holding for two years at 4 mg. Valium, I had an easy time reducing again--until a couple of days ago.  I am jittery and unsteady on my feet, though my sleep is long, sound, and with no nightmares.

I don't want to suffer with reducing Valium.  I don't really care too much how long I take to get off Valium after many, many years, but I do want to continue to live a normal life and be there for my family.

I will hold until things clear.  Anybody have any idea how long it will take to stabilize?

Hi, just was looking at your taper schedule, it may be a bit too much decrease, you have done well, but the sx you are having could get worse, my thoughts are that your Brain has not had time to stabilize from your cuts, if they are too close together you will start having problems. You need to remember also the lower you go the larger the percentage you are cutting. I am going to place a link for you to figure out for sure just how much you are cutting each time, you can do this, but slow your amts you cut down and be kind to your Brain it will be Kind to you. It is recommended not to decrease more than 5 to 10% in a month. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

Thank you very much.  Yes, I have been tapering too fast, though right now is the first snag that I have hit since starting reducing again in October.  Everything had been really smooth, which gave me false hope that I could continue rapidly.  I did know that 5 to 10 percent is recommended per month, but I had not thought it through lately.  I will hold for a long time before resuming, and I do hope that nothing gets any worse.  I don't want to up-dose.  My thinking is that I will wait until all adverse symptom cease, and then reduce .25 over 20 days, then just hold for another long time.

Thank  you for the reality check!

I dunno if I’d call what I’m going through is "easy", but it’s certainly not as hard as other people's. At this point in my recovery it seems like the physical is becoming a bigger problem. That being said, I can still function and I know that, like everything else I’ve been through, this will pass. I look forward to the positivity of this thread, and hopefully to share my own positive developments going forward.

Hi, just was looking at your taper schedule, it may be a bit too much decrease, you have done well, but the sx you are having could get worse, my thoughts are that your Brain has not had time to stabilize from your cuts, if they are too close together you will start having problems. You need to remember also the lower you go the larger the percentage you are cutting. I am going to place a link for you to figure out for sure just how much you are cutting each time, you can do this, but slow your amts you cut down and be kind to your Brain it will be Kind to you. It is recommended not to decrease more than 5 to 10% in a month. 🕊 Peace. :smitten:

I dunno if I’d call what I’m going through is "easy", but it’s certainly not as hard as other people's. At this point in my recovery it seems like the physical is becoming a bigger problem. That being said, I can still function and I know that, like everything else I’ve been through, this will pass. I look forward to the positivity of this thread, and hopefully to share my own positive developments going forward.

Agreed, Moze. I like to say "easier."  Or "as easy as possible." I'm holding again now to make my taper as easy as possible.

I confess I ignored some hints I was going too fast and got into a bad wave. Nothing to do but hold until stable and start again more slowly. 

Begood is 100% correct! Be kind to our brains and they will be kind to us.

Gard

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

It's been a while since i last posted anything, i am still sort of stuck on the same dose for almost a month now, i was meant to reduce every two weeks, but for some reason this next reduction that i am about to make is scaring the pants off of me! I am not sure why since i have no proof that this is a hard process for me, i'm just worried!

I reckon i just have to do as Harmonee said - face the fear and do it anyway!

Hello,

It's been a while since i last posted anything, i am still sort of stuck on the same dose for almost a month now, i was meant to reduce every two weeks, but for some reason this next reduction that i am about to make is scaring the pants off of me! I am not sure why since i have no proof that this is a hard process for me, i'm just worried!

I reckon i just have to do as Harmonee said - face the fear and do it anyway!

Hi Rosabell,

Yes cutting again can raise anxiety for me as well!  You can't do any harm by making a small cut, seeing how that hits you and possibly gaining some confidence in the cutting process.  Then if things are going well cutting a wee bit again.

That's been my strategy at times -- when I'm think clearly  :D

SS

Hi everyone,  I definitely felt like I was a member of this group until this last cut and I never stabilized.  The windows I have have just been an hour here and there and I've gotten so bad I had to stop working.  I really really want to get back to the easy side of the street so I am posting here to try and use the powers of manifestation to make it so! I am going to pray and visualize that I post here regularly because whatever it is I "went through" passed.  Seeing myself in the future me easy breezy!  Please hold that visualization with me, thanks!

I had such an easy time of it when I reduced, quickly, from 4 mg.  Now that I have held for a little more than two weeks, I think I'm going to hold for 6 months.  Then the bigger percentage, as I get very low, will not affect me adversely.  I don't think that 1.5 mg. of Valium is actually very much at all; it is only 10 percent of what I took for many years (15 mg. Valium).

I recommend the "long holds" forum.  The people there think that they have discovered the secret to an uneventful taper.

I had such an easy time of it when I reduced, quickly, from 4 mg.  Now that I have held for a little more than two weeks, I think I'm going to hold for 6 months.  Then the bigger percentage, as I get very low, will not affect me adversely.  I don't think that 1.5 mg. of Valium is actually very much at all; it is only 10 percent of what I took for many years (15 mg. Valium).

I recommend the "long holds" forum.  The people there think that they have discovered the secret to an uneventful taper.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks this is a great post, and you have hit on something that will help you more than you know in the long run. Only the best for the rest of your journey, and know that Patience and Time will guide you to your walk off or slide off of Valium. 💖 Peace. :smitten:

Thanks Gardner! It's hard to believe. I truly thought this day would never come and here it is! I definitely feel like I have just climbed a mountain and now I'm looking out at the beautiful view. I still have to climb down, but it will be much easier than up. (I HOPE!)

Love this post! :thumbsup:

Thanks Gardner! It's hard to believe. I truly thought this day would never come and here it is! I definitely feel like I have just climbed a mountain and now I'm looking out at the beautiful view. I still have to climb down, but it will be much easier than up. (I HOPE!)

Congratulations Olive! Here’s hoping to a smooth ride. :)—V

Still going well for me, though there’s a bizarre disconnect now. My mental state is fine, calm even, but my body is a different story. I can be completely at peace but all the signals my body sends tell me I’m having a panic attack. Thankfully they all pass fairly quickly, but it’s so weird to be told that I’m anxious by my body while my mind is at peace. Can anyone relate?

Still going well for me, though there’s a bizarre disconnect now. My mental state is fine, calm even, but my body is a different story. I can be completely at peace but all the signals my body sends tell me I’m having a panic attack. Thankfully they all pass fairly quickly, but it’s so weird to be told that I’m anxious by my body while my mind is at peace. Can anyone relate?

Moze, I've heard that one of the keys to coping with anxiety is identifying the bodily sensations it gives you as just that, bodily sensations, and not assigning emotion to them. For example, you say, "My chest feels tight," rather than, "I'm scared." I've tried this and am so-so at it. Sounds like you're a pro!

Gard :)

It kinda just happened. One day I was feeling fine and my heart just started racing. It wasn’t very much fun at the time, but it helped me realize that sometimes it is just my body responding to things that aren’t there. I feel that accepting that, and letting it pass is a key milestone in my recovery. I’m pretty lucky though, I’ll admit, that all my symptoms are relatively manageable. Not pleasant, but manageable.

It kinda just happened. One day I was feeling fine and my heart just started racing. It wasn’t very much fun at the time, but it helped me realize that sometimes it is just my body responding to things that aren’t there. I feel that accepting that, and letting it pass is a key milestone in my recovery. I’m pretty lucky though, I’ll admit, that all my symptoms are relatively manageable. Not pleasant, but manageable.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Fi...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Kr...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Be...]
    • [ba...]
    • [Li...]