Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

Suffering Sixty,

I noticed you are a long time user too.  For me it will be 20 years in June I think.  Thanks for sharing and reminding me to stop scaring myself!  I'm feeling good now and will hold till after the holidays.  It's good to hear stories like yours.  May the rest of your taper go just as smoothly and you can jump with minimal symptoms. 

Tougher and softer!  Love it!

Arty5, yay on your jump!  Wish I was there.  Thanks for the uplifting post!  Congrats! 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

well it has now been two whole weeks since my last cut, and still no symptoms! or at least i think so! I have been tired the last couple of days and have a bit of a sore throat, but those are all things that also happened to me occasionally before, so i'm not going to start blaming everything on withdrawal.

I am so glad that this has been so "easy" so far, and will keep the mindset that it will be like this the whole way down.

I am not planning on doing another cut for at least another two weeks, i don't see any need to rush things!

This is an awesome thread, I'd like to join in as I am hopeful this last week.

My symptoms haven't overwhelmed me for the first week; it may be because I've learned to stop fearing each feeling, and utterly surrender to each symptom of the wave. I'm still fearful of the future but this progress gives me hope; I can definitely make it at this pace.

Ethan,

I am a big believer in learning all that I can during this process and have listened to countless audio books while I go through this. Saw 'Dare' on your signature and just downloaded it, thank you for the recommendation! My recommendation to you is 'When Things Fall Apart' by Pema Chodron, I listen to it every night as I fall asleep. She has such a soothing voice and her information is invaluable. Thanks again! Will start listening today.

Since posting on here in early Oct, I have been doing pretty darn good! I dry cut .0625mg on the 23rd and so far, so good. I am planning to start my liquid micro titration with the PG in about a week. I am in no rush and am very positive about the future! It will be so liberating to get off of this K, especially in my 60's! This thread gives me a lot of encouragment and inspiration! I hope everyone has a very Blessed and wonderful day! :)

Hi

I haven't been on here before but Begood and Suffering Sixty and  a few others though my story might give a little bit of encouragement for someone.

i had already tapered from 15mgs down to 6mgs before finding BB  but I had a bad time last year at the start of my taper.

I crossed over 5mgs Nitrazepam to the equivalent 5mgs Valium which made my dose total  15mgs Valium.

I had every symptom in the book almost.

All day constant nausea, severe enough to stop me from eating.

Also constant bad vertigo, ear problems, ear pain and tinnitus, eye problems, insomnia , GI trouble etc.

I held my dose at 15mgs after the crossover for almost 7 months   because I felt too ill to continue cutting.

I didn't think I would get any further.

After around 6 months I suddenly felt stable..just intermittent vertigo and ear pain.

I cut to 10mgs with no problem, same intermittent symptoms.

Then from 10 down to 6 ...similar, not well but not unbearable.

Found BB and joined LHSGroup.

Held my 6mgs for 2 months, then  cut to 5 and held for between 3 and 4 months.

Then after cutting to 3.75  I stopped having any symptoms at all.

I had my meds stolen while on holiday 2 weeks into my cut to 3.75 and was anxious because that's when my symptoms usually start - between 2 and 3 weeks.

Got home without having felt any symptoms and so cut again to 2.5 mgs.

Since then it's been a breeze and I'm at 1mg

I feel better than I have done since going on benzos and am enjoying a holiday at the moment.

If I start to feel ill I will hold at 1mg for as long as necessary but so far - nothing.

Just wanted to point this out to encourage people who are thinking they will never feel better and to say that it doesn't always get harder the lower you get.

i may have just been lucky but I think that taking my time and holding doses for as long as I felt I needed to were the key.

Ethan,

I am a big believer in learning all that I can during this process and have listened to countless audio books while I go through this. Saw 'Dare' on your signature and just downloaded it, thank you for the recommendation! My recommendation to you is 'When Things Fall Apart' by Pema Chodron, I listen to it every night as I fall asleep. She has such a soothing voice and her information is invaluable. Thanks again! Will start listening today.

Thanks for recommendation OliveKitty! I got it and already went through half of it; I know why you hear it often, it's a lot of good info to process and put in practice.

The Dare book is more for panic attacks and fears to bring them down from the 9/10 to a 4 or 5/10. Also if you find you relate to a lot of it, "Hope and Help for your Nerves" by Claire weeks is a good follow up.

I hope it helps you as much as it did me! 

Hi

I haven't been on here before but Begood and Suffering Sixty and  a few others though my story might give a little bit of encouragement for someone.

i had already tapered from 15mgs down to 6mgs before finding BB  but I had a bad time last year at the start of my taper.

I crossed over 5mgs Nitrazepam to the equivalent 5mgs Valium which made my dose total  15mgs Valium.

I had every symptom in the book almost.

All day constant nausea, severe enough to stop me from eating.

Also constant bad vertigo, ear problems, ear pain and tinnitus, eye problems, insomnia , GI trouble etc.

I held my dose at 15mgs after the crossover for almost 7 months   because I felt too ill to continue cutting.

I didn't think I would get any further.

After around 6 months I suddenly felt stable..just intermittent vertigo and ear pain.

I cut to 10mgs with no problem, same intermittent symptoms.

Then from 10 down to 6 ...similar, not well but not unbearable.

Found BB and joined LHSGroup.

Held my 6mgs for 2 months, then  cut to 5 and held for between 3 and 4 months.

Then after cutting to 3.75  I stopped having any symptoms at all.

I had my meds stolen while on holiday 2 weeks into my cut to 3.75 and was anxious because that's when my symptoms usually start - between 2 and 3 weeks.

Got home without having felt any symptoms and so cut again to 2.5 mgs.

Since then it's been a breeze and I'm at 1mg

I feel better than I have done since going on benzos and am enjoying a holiday at the moment.

If I start to feel ill I will hold at 1mg for as long as necessary but so far - nothing.

Just wanted to point this out to encourage people who are thinking they will never feel better and to say that it doesn't always get harder the lower you get.

i may have just been lucky but I think that taking my time and holding doses for as long as I felt I needed to were the key.

This is the kind of information-- the kind of post--  that got me through at the beginning of my taper Slowly  :thumbsup:  The kind of post where I wasn't sure whether to respond or not..... so sick and so out of it with what to do on a forum..

So glad to read this here and so glad that things are going well for you

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

:)  Thanks SS :smitten:

Glad you are doing well also. :thumbsup:

I just thought it might give hope to someone that there are many different outcomes and not to give up hope.

I almost did give up hope at one time, before things suddenly turned around.

Thought it would go on for ever.

Wow that's a wonderful story! It gives me hope, we need more stories like that on here to lift our spirits!

Thanks OliveKitty :)

I've been partly lucky but also  ultra cautious at the start of my taper because I hated feeling so ill.

Don't hesitate to ask me if there is anything I can help with  :thumbsup:

I feel like I'm getting there. Slow but sure. I've been tapering slow after what was a disastrous beginning, long story, and am feeling almost normal again for the most part. I do feel that I feel better as I get lower, especially now that I've started daily micro tapering.

My most bothersome symptoms right now are a vague head pressure thing that waxes and wanes. Feels kinda like a sinus infection. The 'itchies', which tend to flare up in the evening. Feels like I rubbed my legs with fiberglass insulation. But they are manageable and tolerable.

I am sleeping better, at odd intervals thoug. But I'll take sleep where I can get it after literally not sleeping for days on end early on in this process. Think I might be down for a nap after writing this.

And best of all, the depression and anxiety are lifting.

One thing I've learned is to stay off the boards to a certain extent. They can be helpful, but they can also needlessly terrify you. Especially when you're searching for answers but just find horror stories.

Listening to my body, not worrying so much and taking it slow.

I got this. I will heal. I will come out better on the other side of this misadventure.

I feel like I'm getting there. Slow but sure. I've been tapering slow after what was a disastrous beginning, long story, and am feeling almost normal again for the most part. I do feel that I feel better as I get lower, especially now that I've started daily micro tapering.

My most bothersome symptoms right now are a vague head pressure thing that waxes and wanes. Feels kinda like a sinus infection. The 'itchies', which tend to flare up in the evening. Feels like I rubbed my legs with fiberglass insulation. But they are manageable and tolerable.

I am sleeping better, at odd intervals thoug. But I'll take sleep where I can get it after literally not sleeping for days on end early on in this process. Think I might be down for a nap after writing this.

And best of all, the depression and anxiety are lifting.

One thing I've learned is to stay off the boards to a certain extent. They can be helpful, but they can also needlessly terrify you. Especially when you're searching for answers but find just more horror stories.

Listening to my body, not worrying so much and taking it slow.

I got this. I will heal. I will come out better on the other side of this misadventure.

I agree with you about staying off the board as much as possible.

I felt that the scare stories held me back this year, when I had already done two thirds of my taper before joining this forum, and just did further cuts when my symptoms went away enough for me to feel ready to continue.

Also glad you are getting better the lower your dose goes - I thought I was alone in that  :thumbsup:

Yes the fact that the depression goes as you get lower is a huge relief, mine went as well.

Thanks Ethan! I had already read Claire Weeks's book, it is great too! Still listening to Pema every night, it's so comforting. And DARE is wonderful, even his voice is soothing, I feel like he is right there with me helping me through the tougher times.

Hi everyone just checking back in. I had reported that I was feeling better and better the lower I got then I got royally slammed with a wave and now I’ve slowed way way down. I am curious about the rate at which people in this group taper? Are people doing long holds? Since it’s been easy for many of you and I want to get back to easy Id love to know. Thanks!

Hi everyone just checking back in. I had reported that I was feeling better and better the lower I got then I got royally slammed with a wave and now I’ve slowed way way down. I am curious about the rate at which people in this group taper? Are people doing long holds? Since it’s been easy for many of you and I want to get back to easy Id love to know. Thanks!

Hey WW,

Replied to you on the Long Hold Support Group.

Hi all,

Just thought i'd stop in and give a quick update!

So it has been a month since i dropped from .875 to .75 clonazepam - zero withdrawal symptoms!!

I am thinking of doing a .0625 cut this coming weekend, and keep my fingers crossed that it all goes just as smoothly!

I do a lot of extra stuff to take care of my mental and physical health, exercise, meditation etc. and i also did not let anyone push me into a fast taper that i wasn't ready for, including myself. i tried to do it once when i clearly wasn't ready and it backfired on me completely.

Stay strong and positive (easier said than done!) everyone, i believe we can all beat this!

I am reporting in.  In spite monumental stress in life, I started working around 60 hours a week last month.  I did slow the rate of my taper a little, but haven’t paused.  It’s been a rough ride from the stressful life events, but I have a clear mind and work is going great (a little too great as my services are in high demand right now lol). Hope all find the same is true as they get ever lower.... Best wishes all! :)—V

Down to 6mg cutting 0.02 daily.

Some symptoms but manageable *knock on wood *.

Thinking it’s time to start picking up some per diem hours at work. Am kinda waiting for my period to return, (been almost 3 months), as I have been on a thyroid roller coaster ride too. Levels are almost normal and doc thinks it should come back soon.

This can be done.

Wishing everyone the best and a blessed holiday season.

SnickleFritz,

In regards to your thyroid rollercoaster...I'm on one too!  Just recently I started having very achy legs and some quick burning zaps in them and got labs done.  My thyroid had gone super hypo...my TSH was at 7.6!  Never had it that high.  So two weeks now on a larger dose of Armour and getting better I think...I"ll go 4 or 5 days without the leg weakness/aches and then it comes back.  So doc doesn't want me to start tapering down off my Librium till I get this thyroid optimal.  I hear Benzo WD can have the same kinda aches as well.  Unfortunately, so does having zero hormones...my body makes nothing.  So trying to find the source of this leg pain and will taper down right after Christmas hopefully.  The scariest thing would be that since I don't make Progesterone any more, then without it my benzo is no longer working for me.  Just wish I knew the culprit in this.

Did you have muscle aches when your thyroid was off? 

Good to hear of many doing well in their tapers...gives me hope. 

Lib18, My TSH was almost 30 :o !! My symptoms were pretty bad. Didn't know what was withdrawal and what was thyroid. It all started when my former pcp jacked up my levothyroxine too much too fast. I went into levo overload even though my TSH was still high.  I have a new doc now and my TSH was down to 8 last time I had it checked, (still high but moving in the right direction) and I'm feeling much better. Pretty confident now that any symptoms I am suffering are all withdrawal now and they're getting better.

I didn't really get muscle aches other than my normal aches and pains, but I did get crushing anxiety, racing heart and off the charts BP.  That's all seemed to settle down for the most part now as I've been tapering.  I'm not 100%, maybe 85%, but I'll take it considering where I was.

Good luck to you.  We can get through this.

Holy Moly....I didn't even realize TSH could go that high!  My doc double my dose so I hope I'm not taking too much!  I do have labs next week...can't taper down till I know what's causing this leg pain.  I feel so weak from it.  I'm amazed you functioned at all with it so high.  Glad you are feeling better.  Gosh, you'd think these docs would know better.  Hard for me to trust them. 

Good luck to you too!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ro...]
    • [mt...]
    • [Mr...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [...]
    • [Da...]