Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Siggy,

So good to see you here, but I'm so sorry your sleep problems are back.  You had a good healing run though and that's promising.

Korbe,

I took 1/4 of a bb twice but stopped because my BP is low normal and I didn't want to mess with something that actually works right!

Love, Sofa

Siggy,

So good to see you here, but I'm so sorry your sleep problems are back.  You had a good healing run though and that's promising.

Korbe,

I took 1/4 of a bb twice but stopped because my BP is low normal and I didn't want to mess with something that actually works right!

Love, Sofa

Thanks, it's really getting to me. Especially after having enough sleep to at least be functional.

Siggy,

Insomnia seems to plague us all.  There's one BB who sleeps all the time for 2.5 years!  Where's Rip Van Winkel when you need him?  Give me a coma and wake me up when it's over!

I slept for five straight hours last night...which is great....but I went to bed with the worst squeezing headache.....caffeine didnt help...nothing helped.....my head felt like it weighed 100 pounds....thought I'd might not make it though the night.....but  here we are....

Anyone have any nighttime suggestions for a good sleep.....I drink sleepy time tea....when I can't sleep.....baths....any secrets you all would like to share....

Hugs!

TM

TM,

Unisom doxy works like a charm for me.  Doctors Best Chelated Magnesium worked the first 3 months of acute like a sleeping pill, then stopped working.

Sofa

Siggy,..have you ever tried 100% tart cherry juice....it worked a while for me....haven't tried it in awhile....it's cheap....if I remember I took a small glass one hour before going to bed....if I remember I noticed it worked after a few nights...

Google it....if interested......heck I've even eaten turkey before going to bed....it seemed to help sometimes....idk..

Unisom.....I'll have to try it....I do childrens dye free benedryl .....it works but I can't do it every night or it stops working....but the dye free ...is the only one that doesn't put me into sleep zone the next day...and had no side effects....

TM

Hi TX, yes I tried the tart cherry a few times. In not sure if ur helped or not. Wish I could take an antihistamine to help me sleep. I'm very unlucky that they do the opposite. Tried going to bed at 10:30 last night as I was nodding off in the sofa. Was wide awake after getting in bed. Finally fell asleep around 12:30. Then just jolted awake at 4:30am. Ugh, at least I slept, but I thought I'd get more after barely sleeping the night before.

Hi All,

Still fighting!  I survived the staph infection! Wow, never been so sick in my life! I think my body is just so shot and run down!  This summer it was a kidney infection now fall staph! Yuck!  I used to get sinus infections once a year but man am I getting hit hard!  Now today woke up with a huge cold and sinus congestion!  And I am still taking my antibiotics, geez!  :tickedoff:

Mentally besides the anxiety which turns up and down I am actually still maintaining a pretty good baseline!  No dr/dp!  Sleeping really well!  I am a bit shakey but have a lot going on right now! I have been fighting this throat thing for the past three days!  You know the whole my throat feels as if it's closing ordeal!

:tickedoff: :tickedoff:     

I thought I was done with this one but who knows?

I guess in all honesty I only have a few sx left!

Mentally,

Anxiety, the biggest and it seems to only be there do to these darn health fears! If I could kick this one I would say I was healed Mentally!  These health fears are really holding me back!  Like today I would love to go get some stuff at a store out of town about 30 miles but I can't get myself to do it! I have this never ending voice the what if voice!  Saying, what if your throat closes and your away from help! What if you start to panic?  Your CNS can't take high stress! You will probably have a heart attack just from the stress of it and so on................  I know it's ridiculous but it's honest and it's still there! I put myself into this bubble through out this process, no plans plan, quit my job, became a hermit!  And now I have no idea how to get out of this bubble?  I guess maybe more time! I am hoping time will heal this one but IDK?  And I have been pushing myself more and more with little baby steps and I turn 50 shades of Red 50% of the time and my throat feels as if it's closing 50% of the time and when I push my throat feels like it's closing 100% of the time!  So what to do I have no idea?  I am just so tired.......     

It took all I had to survive the past 21 months and I am sooooo run down! Obviously this infection isn't helping and now the massive cold on top of it! I know I have to fight to get out of this darn bubble but not today! Today I am pulling the covers back over my head and surrendering to what ever the day is going to bring!

:smitten:

Hi All,

Still fighting!  I survived the staph infection! Wow, never been so sick in my life! I think my body is just so shot and run down!  This summer it was a kidney infection now fall staph! Yuck!  I used to get sinus infections once a year but man am I getting hit hard!  Now today woke up with a huge cold and sinus congestion!  And I am still taking my antibiotics, geez!  :tickedoff:

Mentally besides the anxiety which turns up and down I am actually still maintaining a pretty good baseline!  No dr/dp!  Sleeping really well!  I am a bit shakey but have a lot going on right now! I have been fighting this throat thing for the past three days!  You know the whole my throat feels as if it's closing ordeal!

Mentally,

Anxiety, the biggest and it seems to only be there do to these darn health fears! If I could kick this one I would say I was healed Mentally!  These health fears are really holding me back!  Like today I would love to go get some stuff at a store out of town about 30 miles but I can't get myself to do it! I have this never ending voice the what if voice!  Saying, what if your throat closes and your away from help! What if you start to panic?  Your CNS can't take high stress! You will probably have a heart attack just from the stress of it and so on................  I know it's ridiculous but it's honest and it's still there! I put myself into this bubble through out this process, no plans plan, quit my job, became a hermit!  And now I have no idea how to get out of this bubble?  I guess maybe more time! I am hoping time will heal this one but IDK?  And I have been pushing myself more and more with little baby steps and I turn 50 shades of Red 50% of the time and my throat feels as if it's closing 50% of the time and when I push my throat feels like it's closing 100% of the time!  So what to do I have no idea?  I am just so tired.......     

It took all I had to survive the past 21 months and I am sooooo run down! Obviously this infection isn't helping and now the massive cold on top of it! I know I have to fight to get out of this darn bubble but not today! Today I am pulling the covers back over my head and surrendering to what ever the day is going to bring!

Hi Jen, no doubt this stuff just really sucks. Hope you get better soon. I'm glad at least you can sleep well.

I can relate to this JUST when i thought i might be turning a corner i was hit with a throat infection three weeks ago, i didn't want to take antibiotics i was just hoping it would pass but it hasn't and now it's spread into my ear as well, i can't hear a thing out of my left ear. My doc insisted today that i start a course of antibiotic today as he said inner ear infections left this long can do some serious damage. Really hoping the antibiotics work quick so i can get back to my baseline, right now i'm just a mess again :crazy:

Are you taking pro biotics with the antibiotics? I've done a bit of research into it and it seems like the best thing to do :thumbsup:

Hi All,

Mentally,

Stuck indoors,  yes taking probiotic! I have been for awhile they really help with the stomach sx! The antibiotic didn't affect me in any negative way other than the anxiety of having to take anything, lol! 

Siggy, so sorry about your non sleep!  It gets better! I know it's hard to believe but it really truly does get better! 

Sofa,  you can do it!  I remember when my kiddos had stuff going on! Omg, I still get nervous sometimes BUT NO WHERE NEAR PANIC LIKE BEFORE! 

if you can't do it don't! But I bet it will go better than you think if you do decide to go!  :smitten:

You are more than welcome!  Just remember it's very doubtful that the very worse thing you are imagining will actually happen tomorrow! Good luck!

Just reading up on post ......sounds like we all have been passing around viruses....grrrrr

So Miss Jen......sounds like your doing better....the meds are ok?

Sofa......I go and do things ...in discomfort so much.....figured if I wait...I'll miss out on precious moments...but I do understand....I've passed on many wonderful moments .....but I've also made it though things feeling like crap....sweating....but the biggest fear I'm having is with all my health issues...I still feel I need to go home to see ill parents...which is in South Dakota...I think I'd lose my mind in the car for 14 hours.....so I just don't know if it will happen during christmas.....

Siggy....hope you sleep tonight...maybe lavender on pillow

Hugs! TM

Sofa - hope you feel well enough to attend Grandparents day, but if you don't it's ok.  I hate to do much because I'm in so much pain and it ruins it for me.  I have better luck when people visit me, but many times I'm still really uncomfortable. I'm sure you can do it if it's really important to you.

TM - Last May, I bit the bullet and  I flew to SLC to visit my family. I hadn't seen then for two years.  My father is 89 and I really needed to see him. Fortunately he's very healthy. My Mom who is 88 flew to CA to see me in February. She was afraid she'd die before I would be well enough to fly home. She's in good shape too. The flight wasn't to bad and I had wheel chair service in both airports which really helped.  I planned short visits, no more than 2 hrs with each relative I wanted to see. Some came to me, plus we all went to dinner one night.  There was one day I was to sick to do anything, but everyone understood. I stayed a week.  Glad I went because I don't think I'll make home for Christmas this year. So, I hope you get to South Dakota soon.

Ms Jen- sorry you're sick with a staph infection, plus a cold. w/d is bad enough without all that other stuff. I'm glad the antibiotics aren't causing you problems. Hope you get well soon.

I'm doing terribly now. Barely slept the last 4 days. I'm wide awake now. God I wish there was something safe to knock me out. I still have to go to work tommorow (today).

Siggy,

I'm so sorry you are still not sleeping.  It will come back.  This is probably your last wave of insomnia.

Sofa

Thanks sofa. I really really really hope so. It's just tearing me apart.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr...Siggy....I'm praying for you.....you need to sleep.......so sorry.....thats how I ended up on clonazepam ....after hystectomy......I couldn't sleep....it was like my brain had no clue on how to fall asleep.....mine is broken up ....with several bad dreams.....I wake up often....really don't feel I get good deep sleep.....my goal is five hours a night....

Do you ever have bad dreams during sleep?

Everyone have a Fun Friday!

TM

Grrrrrrrrrrrr...Siggy....I'm praying for you.....you need to sleep.......so sorry.....thats how I ended up on clonazepam ....after hystectomy......I couldn't sleep....it was like my brain had no clue on how to fall asleep.....mine is broken up ....with several bad dreams.....I wake up often....really don't feel I get good deep sleep.....my goal is five hours a night....

Do you ever have bad dreams during sleep?

Everyone have a Fun Friday!

TM

Before benzos back when I was a pretty normal sleeper, I almost never remembered dreams. Now sometimes I do have vivid dreams when I sleep. Most of them are good dreams. Only had a few that were bad. My big problem is getting to sleep in the first place. I just can't seem to drift off like I use to.

Hey everyone, i know me and Sofa can't watch TV even at 12 months out, but i just wondered if there were any more of you out there that can't even handle that type of stimulation? Or even better if there are any of you that couldn't watch TV at 12 months but in later months it became easy to watch TV? I know watching TV isn't the be all and end all and there's more to life but when i can watch TV it will be such a clear marker for me that my nervous system really is healing and i'm going to get through this.