Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

18 - 30 Month Plus Group

[No...]

Thank you so much Nova, TM and Marj,

It means so much to me that you are on the sidelines cheering me on.  I know I am the runt of the litter, with only one year under my belt, and you have all been so encouraging and gracious with me and my incessant fears that I won't heal.  You constantly reassure me and get me to focus on how much things have improved.

You are angels, every single one of you.  I honestly do not know what would have become of me without you.  I feel so fragile and vulnerable, yet I keep trying to look forward to the next hour in front of me that may be slightly improved over the last.  My journey has been one of micro, almost invisible, steps towards healing.  No big leaps.  Who knows?  Maybe a big leap awaits me.  I hold onto hope every day, and when that fails me, I hold onto all of you.

Thank you,

Sofa

Nova,

NINE HOURS OF BLESSED SLEEP!  BRAVO!  I'm so glad your shoulder and arm pain is easing up. Go slow, as you always tell us.  No lifting strippers over your head.  No John Travolta Saturday Night Fever moves.  Maybe the slow stirring of a cup of tea or the occasional scratching of an itch, but that's it.

Great to hear Nova.

I'm barely hanging on today.....had my surgery on salivary glands removed....he decided to take out three so I have four stitches inside lip.....I feel like such a loser...I can't even tolerate surgery...it's like my body was a shaking nervous mess during procedure....but I should get the award for the biggest smiling fake....he said I be in pain....gave me pain pills going to try hard not to take them...

But the little procedure ramped up my nasty mouth issues....wish I had my old self back...

Nova....glad your shoulder is doing better.....take care...

Marj ...still struggling with hip and leg pain....baths do help for a while....think I tensed up during procedure today cause afterwards leg started bugging me....oh well..

Wishing everyone a great day!

TM

TM,

I'm so sorry you are in pain after surgery.  But you did it!  You were so afraid, but you did it!  It's over now and your body will heal in a LINEAR fashion from this.  Tell the withdrawal to take a back seat.  You have some linear healing to do.  Maybe this will kick your withdrawal to the curb.

Hang on, Sofa

On my way to ER, for a infection!  Temp is 102.9 and terrible pain back running down my legs! Super scared!  Any ideas on pain med or antibiotics?  Idk they both scare me! Any thoughts much appreciated!  Super scared, as if this healing isn't enough to deal with!  I have never felt so much pain in my life heart rate 113 laying down and sharp pains! I haven't touched any pain mess throughout this experience! Will it set me back should I just decline???  I am vomiting from the pain????

Made it through the procedure with no pain meds! Just lidocaine in the infected area! They lasserated a boil and said I had a staff infection!  Trying not to absolutely come unglued about the infection and it being staff in all, but it's scary. !!!!!!!

Had to swallow two Tylenol haven't took anything for so long, ugh....

Now I am supposed to take a big time antibiotic for the big time infection!  Has anyone ever dealt with a staff infection? Is it as scary as I think or is it the benzo brain scaring the **** out of me? 

The med is Clindamycin????

Any thoughts or info would be so appreciated as I am trying not to google so I don't completely lose it!

Sorry  Jen.....poor thing....hope the pain isn't to bad....but  if I had to take an antibotiic  I'd ask for clindamycin .....so think you'll do fine....it's one I tolerate pretty good with..

Hugs!

TM

Jen....Glad you went in....there are pain meds that won't hurt your w/d..  I think codeine is one of them.....and an old med , not as high power as the oxycontins...  The quinolone antibiotics are on the list of antibiotics that can mess with you ( cipro).....however some people in w/d have had cipro without a problem....

I  hope you feel better soon....it sounds awful....so sorry that you are this sick...  coop

Jen...just read your last post....Try not to go off the rails about your staff infection....they are common ....and yes it is an infection not to mess around with, but remember they would not have released you if they did not think that you will be ok on the antibiotic and home care......Do NOT go on Google . ..it will only ramp up your anxiety to panic levels....Follow your home instructions. When your fever starts coming down you will know that the antibiotic is taking care of the infection. If your fever doesn't start coming down in 48 hours call your physician.... People recover from staff infections every day. . 

Take care....eat good food and drink alot of fluids. 

coop

Jen sending healing hugs...I like you am petrified of any meds but I tolerate tylenol and advil fine.  I also took antibiotics and while I had some side effects it was nothing worse than a mild benzo day(bad tummy, dry mouth,)  You will be fine. :smitten:

Hi all,

Long time no post. I figured it was time I checked in so not to worry anyone. I took a break from here to see how I would do. Well..I missed all of you..your like my family.

As far as my symptoms they are improving and some have dropped off..for now at least.

I'm not out living life but I am trying to do more. Still have the muscle and nerve pain..I think think this is what it has come down to...oh yeah..and still feel very tight and stiff on most days.

Not very much depression at all ...thank goodness. I am still getting waves but they aren't lasting as long as they were.

I found out that Cindy's on here is practically my neighbor. We are gonna try to meet up shortly...we only live a few miles apart.

I haven't read any posts yet so I'm gonna go now and read...got a lot of catching up to do.

Hope you all are having better days. :smitten:

Yes...it's me again....can I ask.....does anyone else ...worry when symptoms are so painful new or old.....that maybe.....it's not withdrawl...but some dreadful disease.....heck....Im probably worse in worrying due to having breast cancer twice....but all these long lasting symptoms make me worry....and this new thigh pain....is bad...so now my mind is in overdrive...on what if thoughts..

Wish I would start feeling better......grrrrr

TM

Yes, like coop said, the health fears are horrible...a symptom that kept me running to docs and hospitals before I realized that it was a withdrawal symptom. I think we all have some health fears but this goes way beyond.

The hip and thigh pain..ouch...I had it for over a year and it was really painfully. When I'm wavy I still get it sometimes. I could not get comfortable sitting because the hip pain was so bad. I used bengay and icy hot along with Epsom salt baths and it helped a little.

Just like all the other symptoms...keep ourselves as comfortable as we can and play the waiting game.

:smitten:

Aww Nova, sorry about the frozen shoulder..I can honestly say I haven't had that..I have shoulder pain but not frozen. Hope it's feeling better now. My husband gets frozen shoulder and he says a heating pad helps along some ibuprofen. :smitten:

Made it through the procedure with no pain meds! Just lidocaine in the infected area! They lasserated a boil and said I had a staff infection!  Trying not to absolutely come unglued about the infection and it being staff in all, but it's scary. !!!!!!!

Had to swallow two Tylenol haven't took anything for so long, ugh....

Now I am supposed to take a big time antibiotic for the big time infection!  Has anyone ever dealt with a staff infection? Is it as scary as I think or is it the benzo brain scaring the **** out of me? 

The med is Clindamycin????

Any thoughts or info would be so appreciated as I am trying not to google so I don't completely lose it!

Sorry you had to go through this...I bet it was scary...you did good. Yes, a staff infection sounds scary but with antibiotics it should clear up.

Coop gave you some good advice and if the antibiotics bother you ask your doc for a different one.

Hope you feel better soon. :smitten:

Coop, what have you been up to?  It sure is getting cooler here...especially at night.

We have to go through another cold winter...yuk...but it won't be long till we can say "spring is right around the corner" :)

I read you made a pot of chili..I can't have it yet..but I keep trying...sorry you are still having the reflux.

drew, I know you are feeling bad...but when you feel a little better throw some humor my way.. :)

Hugs. :smitten:

Hi Friends,

So I just need to do a symptom check, I guess, and get your opinions.  I have been dealing with what I call "the squeezes" for the past month or so.  I had them before, but maybe it just feels different now.  It will randomly feel like my chest and/or my head and neck is squeezing inward.  Often it is on the side of my ribs.  It almost feels like when they come over me that I will fall down, if that makes sense, or maybe that it is pulling me to one side.  Sometimes it's like I'm going to implode.  I realized that I haven't been breathing correctly when I get them, often holding my breath, which makes me feel light-headed.  Today I have worked on deep breathing when they come, and it seemed to help some.  I know that "the squeezes" have caused 2 panic attacks since they have come back, because I was pretty dang sure I was dying a few times. 

It's discouraging to have the health anxiety come back after being gone for so long.  :tickedoff: 

Anyone have any experience with "the squeezes"?  Do you think this is still w/d?  I keep going back to thinking that if it were really something serious then it wouldn't come and go, correct? 

Thanks for your opinions!

Lots of love,

HH

HH, I still have the squeezing and I've had it bad today...I'm so uncomfortable as I type this...it's in my legs and ribs..feels like a vice . I also used to hold my breath when this happened till I learned to belly breathe. My chest would tighten and I could not get a deep breath...then panic would set up and I would be on a downward spiral.

All of this stuff comes and goes and after we've had much healing we think it should be something else going on because it has been so long.

I use to get get the squeezing in my gut every time I ate..I could only eat a small amount at a time..I ate all day..just very small amounts...I'm so glad that's gone.

Up and down and all around till it's gone.

Big hugs to you. :smitten:

Hey drew, when you get it in your head does it feel like your brain is being pulled and stretched? Mine does..but still not as bad as it used to be. I used to not be able to come on here much because of the brain squeezing and coming down into my eyes.

Sorry about your head pain. :smitten:

I get this too. Also, in my right eye as well. It's terrible. I feel for you but I do think its withdrawal related. I'm sorry you are dealing with this again. Take care.

I can't describe it.  But my eyes definitely get affected and my brain sometimes goes on overload.  I wish I could explain this.

I understand, it is hard to describe. All of this weird pain and sensations are hard to describe...that's what I keep telling my family...they just don't understand.

Feel better. :smitten:

I have the head squeezing too. Yesterday I posted that it had become much less severe and then today its the worst it's been in ages  >:( I've also had squeezing in neck, shoulders and lower arms today. So sick of this

Marj, sorry you also have the squeezing...like everything else ..they come and go.

One day all of this will be gone and hopefully forgotten. :smitten:

Happy Veterans Day to all that have served...I Salute you!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [ha...]
    • [Le...]
    • [JA...]
    • [Mr...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Po...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [Li...]
    • [hu...]